1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bullying

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by coffeesnob, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Oct 25, 2013 at 7:01 AM
    krap22

krap22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kids love discipline, don't let them tell you otherwise. :D

My dad was a hard ass. We are really close now, it wasn't always that way. (mainly in HS and college when I didn't realize what he was doing for me).

2. Oct 25, 2013 at 7:13 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors

God I love that video so much. This is how every kid should handle DBs in school. None of this conflict mediation crap. Punch him in the face, kick him in the nuts whatever. Once you stand up to a bully they go ind another victim.
    You don't realize how good a job your parents did until you grow up and take care of yourself and live on your own. I am forever greatful for how my parents raises me and the opportunities I got. My parents never hit me, they tied when I was younger but they didnt like it. So they found some alternative motives to discipline and encourage good behavior. I only hope I can do half as good a job as they did when the time comes.

3. Oct 25, 2013 at 7:24 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    IMO making your kid sit there till he/she eats their vegetables is retarded. My parents did it, and it did nothing for me. Pick your battles, is what I'm saying. That doesn't teach your kids anything about respect or discipline. If the kid doesn't like peas, cut the kid a fucking break!

Anyway agreed its all about parents these days. The "my kid can do no wrong attitude" is crazy to me.

There is a cartoon floating around the net somewhere that I printed for my wife since she is a teacher. It showed I think the 80's and the parents yelling at the kid for getting an F. Then it jumps to 2000's and shows the parents yelling at the teacher for the kid getting an F. So true.

4. Oct 25, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    darkgreentaco

darkgreentaco XXXL Member

Member:
    NorCaL
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Rocket
    King RR C/O's, Extra mustard, All-Pro expdtn Leaf, sesame seed bun, Icon UCA's Fox Resi's BAMFsliders, sweet candy coating, LCAskids, diffcover 17" Addicts Yukon 4.56 Mt/r kevlar
    My parents were not retarded and fuck you for saying that. You may not want to deal with your kids, but, remember that they go out into the real world eventually and others will deal with them. You'll get calls from your 20yr old complaining his boss wants him to come in early.

5. Oct 25, 2013 at 8:44 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Wut? Because I don't force my kids to eat something they don't like? Makes sense. I also said my parents did it. It's still retarded.

You eat things you don't like the taste of? I bet not. My kids try things, and if they don't like it, so be it. They have to try it though.

Fuck you too. :thumbsup:

6. Oct 25, 2013 at 8:51 AM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Alberta
    I eat stuff I don't really like eating. How else does one grow?

7. Oct 25, 2013 at 8:52 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    By eating things you like. Sorry about your luck.

8. Oct 25, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    darkgreentaco

darkgreentaco XXXL Member

Member:
    NorCaL
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Rocket
    King RR C/O's, Extra mustard, All-Pro expdtn Leaf, sesame seed bun, Icon UCA's Fox Resi's BAMFsliders, sweet candy coating, LCAskids, diffcover 17" Addicts Yukon 4.56 Mt/r kevlar

Sorry, I get angry over perceived insults to my family. It's about maintaining a level of authority with kids, for when more serious issues come along. It's not really about the vegetables. But, whatever, I can't tell you how to raise your kids. I work in HR and see tons of 18-20 year olds that have no discipline whatsoever. When they leave home, they should be ready for the world and most aren't.

9. Oct 25, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    Jrahn0822

Jrahn0822 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB
    I think that the world has gone soft though too. Yeah people get bigger mouths behind social media but at the same time people have become soft. There is a recent case in Texas where a football team destroyed another team, I mean like 90 to 0 and the parents of the losing team are accusing the other team of bullying. Now that's a complete joke it's not bullying.

10. Oct 25, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    No doubt. That's why I said pick your battles. My kids do a lot of things they don't like, and both my boys no who the boss is. Mom! But I'm strictly referring to the vegetable thing. I think that a stupid thing to use as a "learning" tool. I don't eat things I don't like the taste of, do I don't expect them to. Like I said they try it, and if they don't like it, I'm not going to.force them to eat it. Just because.

11. Oct 25, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    ABA180

ABA180 It burns when I pee....

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab Slider
    Pioneer CD, Megaloud/JBL amps, Rockford/Polk speakers.
    Like I posted earlier, my dart team beat on another team 10-1 a few years ago. Part of it was we really did have a strong team for the level we were in, and a group who would all to a person gladly sit out if we weren't performing. The other part was most of the other team was drunk and stoned off their butts 30 minutes or less into the night. One guy got a little butthurt after the match and I told him I was sorry he felt it was unfair, but it's a competitive game and we aren't giving you anything..and if that's not to your liking go home and play tiddlywinks.

12. Oct 25, 2013 at 9:15 AM
    ABA180

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    If I even thought about talking to an adult like the 3 bitchy teenagers I sat in front of at a movie did, my parents would have beat my ass black and blue for it. I asked them nicely 3 times to be quiet and one said "I'm 17 I can do what I want". I laughed and said I could have a kid your age and I'd smack her if she did that. I was told to watch the movie, I said "I'm trying to". "So am I". I stood up and said "then you shut your fkn mouth before I rip your tongue out of your skull you ugly fat bitch!" She started crying and I said "what's wrong big tough 17 yr old you not so tough now?"

I bet she went home and cried to her parents about it too..haha

13. Oct 25, 2013 at 9:29 AM
    82 yotaman

82 yotaman H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman

Member:
    First Name:
    BUBBA
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    1982 toyta pickup/2013 toy MGM dcab 4x4 trd
    avs bugshield, avs inchannel vent visors, weather techs, trd shift knob, tailgate theft mod, windows tinted to 20%, wet okole front and back and black level 8 guardians wrapped in 265/75/R16 Duratracs oil catch can mod interior LED's, pop & lock pl5500, Leer 180 topper, OME full lift with Arb bullbar
    I got bullied from 6th grade to 9th grade I was a really skinny kid that wore wranglers and cowboy boots that's all I was picked on for and the main guy that always done it was a real asshole made my life suck until I hit my growth spert the summer inbetween 9th and 10th grade make a long story short I went from 5' 8" 140lbs to 6' 1" 195lbs so the third day of school my 10th grde year mister bully was back at it and it was in the cafatieria at lunch I got pissed and beat the shit out of that kid in front of about 200 kids needles to say I have never been picked on again since and I was so pissed at myself because I took all that crap for years and he was so easy to beat up but he got what he deserved for sure. Than add insult to injury I dated and banged his sister for about a year so it was funny he had to see me almost everyday and I always rub it in.

14. Oct 25, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    ABA180

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    East Bridgewater MA
    Vehicle:
    Now THAT'S how you do it! Good on ya mate!

Products Discussed in

To Top