Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Pumpkin Carvings

Old 10-28-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
19Mystic96 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
19Mystic96's Tacoma Gallery
haven't carved any yet, but heres my last years carving!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
Andretti is a splendid one to beholdAndretti is a splendid one to beholdAndretti is a splendid one to beholdAndretti is a splendid one to beholdAndretti is a splendid one to beholdAndretti is a splendid one to behold
Andretti's Tacoma Gallery
pumpkin carvings...

I carve foam pumpkins (called craft pumpkins that are sold at Michaels) and have been for years. I use a dremel and various bits to shade. Initially, I started carving real pumpkins, but grew tired of only being able to carve right before halloween, and then watch them rot and die within a few short days. This way I'm able to carve year round as well as make a carve once for my display, and short of selling it, its always a part of the display...I dont have to recarve it every year.

I'll start off by posting one of a group of pumpkins I carved from 2008 unlit and with the lights on (I did this years ago when I was accused of photoshopping my carves). The next will be pumpkins lit with light on around them, and the third just with pumpkins lit.

Those were done using various pumpkin patterns I found on the internet at numerous sites including http://www.carvingpumpkins.com/ and http://www.stoneykins.com/

Here are a few carves I have done this year:

These by no means are all the carves for this year (I've done 26 at last count), and I usually do not 'preview' or post carves till Halloween day but I thought I'd post a few. That being said, consider the last three as a 'preview'.

If your interested in seeing some of my past work, feel free to go to my site and go to the gallery (http://www.thegourdsgonewild.com). A few of my personal favorites are in years 2011 and 2012, though there are many others I really enjoy having in my display too.

Andretti
Old 10-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Holy pumpkin awesomeness Andretti!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
GerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerhartCss is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
GerhartCss's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #11
I doughnut belong here.
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
But your not Canadian. ...
Old 10-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #12
mrschulte is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mrschulte's Tacoma Gallery
These are from the past couple years

Old 10-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #13
money pit
zopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shedzopperman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Zak
zopperman's Tacoma Gallery
woah, what do you guys use to carve them? I did it with my dremel because I wanted to... looks like a dental operation gone wrong, will post pics later
Old 10-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #15
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-29-2013, 10:28 PM   #16
Rezo Rock is on a distinguished road
Rezo Rock's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-29-2013, 11:00 PM   #18
Spindleshanks is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeremy
Spindleshanks's Tacoma Gallery
Y'all are a creative bunch. I guess I'd better get me a pumpkin and try to keep up
Old 10-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #19
Andretti is a splendid one to beholdAndretti is a splendid one to beholdAndretti is a splendid one to beholdAndretti is a splendid one to beholdAndretti is a splendid one to beholdAndretti is a splendid one to behold
Andretti's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a link to a video I made showing my 2012 and 2013 carves for this year if anyone is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFsp_x-iVS0

Again...all carved by ME using a dremel and various bits used for shading and cutting.