Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Movember!

Old 10-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Movember!

I'll keep this short and sweet. Cancer hits very hard in my family as it does so many others including so many on this forum. Whether u donate or raise money or not still show ur support for others by rocking the mustache for the month of November. Those participating thank u for ur support for this great cause!
Old 10-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in. Trying to get my school involved too bc the students arent allowed to grow facial hair. Going to see if administration will let them grow if they donate
Old 10-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #4
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They may let y'all if y'all go at it as a team. U can register ur school thru the movember website. Hopefully they will go for it. Good luck!
Old 10-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #5
Gerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerrrr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
Gerrrr's Tacoma Gallery
20 of us at work are grown da mo
Old 10-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I'm doing it this year. Last year, my project team raised almost $25k. We lost a great superintendent and a foreman to cancer last year. Both were incredible people, the type that loved what they did and would take the time to tell you about it.

I'm sporting a full beard and it's all getting shaved off Thursday night.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #7
All Glory To The Hypnotoad
ziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shedziggynagy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ziggynagy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Same here... I might have handlebars by the end of the month.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #8
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down. I just shaved completely the other day for work anyways.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #9
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #10
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
So is that what you're supposed to do with growing the Movember stache? Shave everything else off? I have a full on chinstrap, not sure how I'll look without it and a full on stache

Old 10-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #11

For mo it's just the stach homie. Embrace it. It's worth it.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:01 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
So is that what you're supposed to do with growing the Movember stache? Shave everything else off? I have a full on chinstrap, not sure how I'll look without it and a full on stache

Haha, pretty much. You can grow any type of stash you want, just can't connect on the bottom or to your side burns. Mine will likely look like Officer Dangle's stash my the end of the week and after the end of November, the beard is coming back!
Old 10-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #13
AZ hunter is on a distinguished road
Name: Kade
AZ hunter's Tacoma Gallery
This will be my 3rd year doing it. Got the guys in my office in on it!
Old 10-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #14
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
I don't get it. Some dude at work has been going around trying to raise money and get people to grow a stash. I asked him who the money went to and what they did with it and he was kind of evasive. Don't get me wrong, it sucks that people die. It sucks worse when they die from cancer. I just don't think it's something you can throw money at and fix. It seems like, to me, if you really gave a shit about getting people to live longer you would work on something that is attainable, time now. Do you see anything on this list that is preventable?
I propose heart disease awareness reverse mohawks with neon green ribbons and donations to me. I accept paypal, and I just might cure heart disease with my bacon diet.
Number of deaths for leading causes of death

• Heart disease: 597,689
  • Cancer: 574,743
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 138,080
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 129,476
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 120,859
  • Alzheimer's disease: 83,494
  • Diabetes: 69,071
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,476
  • Influenza and Pneumonia: 50,097
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 38,364
Old 10-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #15
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm in. Trying to get my school involved too bc the students arent allowed to grow facial hair. Going to see if administration will let them grow if they donate

Are you in a private school or something? If you are in a public school, go ahead and grow it. The supreme court has made rulings on this. The school can not prohibit it.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #16
Bigsurprise is on a distinguished road
Bigsurprise's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
I don't get it. Some dude at work has been going around trying to raise money and get people to grow a stash. I asked him who the money went to and what they did with it and he was kind of evasive. Don't get me wrong, it sucks that people die. It sucks worse when they die from cancer. I just don't think it's something you can throw money at and fix. It seems like, to me, if you really gave a shit about getting people to live longer you would work on something that is attainable, time now. Do you see anything on this list that is preventable?
I propose heart disease awareness reverse mohawks with neon green ribbons and donations to me. I accept paypal, and I just might cure heart disease with my bacon diet.
Number of deaths for leading causes of death

• Heart disease: 597,689
  • Cancer: 574,743
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 138,080
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 129,476
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 120,859
  • Alzheimer's disease: 83,494
  • Diabetes: 69,071
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,476
  • Influenza and Pneumonia: 50,097
  • Intentional self-harm (suicide): 38,364
It's about raising money to send to a charity to make peoples lives better, and to raise awareness and increase early cancer detection. Everything thrives on funding. Believe it or not, throwing money at cancer treatment does help.

On a different note, I will be participating in movember to raise awareness about me purchasing a new Tacoma. All proceeds will go directly to me to help buy a Tacoma.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #17
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosis View Post
Are you in a private school or something? If you are in a public school, go ahead and grow it. The supreme court has made rulings on this. The school can not prohibit it.
Yea private school
Old 10-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #18
n00b

Let's not turn this into a shit thread. I want to see on Nov. 30, a collection of ugly, overgrown staches
Old 10-31-2013, 05:07 AM   #19

Quote:
Let's not turn this into a shit thread. I want to see on Nov. 30, a collection of ugly, overgrown staches
^ this
Old 10-31-2013, 08:28 AM   #20
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Rogers View Post
^ this
Good call guys....

I'm in and I'll mind my tongue.