Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

How much cash in your wallet?

View Poll Results: How much cash in your wallet?
$0 62 32.80%
>$5 18 9.52%
>$20 62 32.80%
<$20 47 24.87%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2013, 02:01 PM   #101
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Obviously , like duh
You are only speaking for yourself.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:04 PM   #102
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
I have no idea.

It's just the general observation that the government's insolvency matches the insolvency of most of its citizens. The government doesn't just get that way all by itself. It is only a reflection of how most people live. And it's how most people live that creates the government in their own image.
And so the off-topic begins...
Old 10-31-2013, 02:16 PM   #104
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
I have no idea.

It's just the general observation that the government's insolvency matches the insolvency of most of its citizens. The government doesn't just get that way all by itself. It is only a reflection of how most people live. And it's how most people live that creates the government in their own image.
Dude

Chill the fuck out with the government/politics bullshit

Its not welcome on TW...let's not get a good thread closed
Old 10-31-2013, 04:10 PM   #105
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
Don't the gas stations in your area have generators?
I think three out of the four stations within 5 minutes of where I live have generators for when the power's out.
I haven't thought about that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
Dude

Chill the fuck out with the government/politics bullshit

Its not welcome on TW...let's not get a good thread closed

Old 10-31-2013, 04:26 PM   #106
XxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXxTHe FioLOxX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
XxTHe FioLOxX's Tacoma Gallery
Usually $20 but occasionally 100 when I'm lucky
Old 10-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #107
You don't frighten us, English pig dogs!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 169.254.255.201 View Post
I haven't thought about that..

Shrug. I live in a rural area of a rural state, with lots and lots of miles of power lines that are completely and totally surrounded by trees, with a climate that lends itself to snow and ice for 6 months out of the year. Gas stations around here that don't have generators have the potential to miss out on a LOT of business during the winter, haha!
Old 11-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #108
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
I always have cash on me, between $20-$80.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #109
JKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKU3000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
JKU3000's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #110
crazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrazyengineer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: patrick
crazyengineer's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a broke college student so 0 right now....I actually prefer to pay with cash though, helps me keep track of what I am spending a little better
Old 11-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #111
Cranky & often armed sysadmin
Xaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shedXaks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Xaks
Xaks's Tacoma Gallery
I use my plastic for most things, like a lot of y'all. However, there are a couple of caveats.

1.) There's always 5-20$ in change in the cab. I do a lot of 'OMGWTFBBQ!!!1!' work in IT, and I frequently have to haul ass to a company site in Miami that has a firewall or main switch take a shit. Gotta feed the meters or get towed right fast. I get reimbursed for it anyways, so no biggie.

2.) I try to always have some cash on hand for bullshit....20-50$. Just for little stuff or things I don't want/need a receipt for.

3.) Just like I have a spare lock/ignition key hidden on the frame where many ASE techs couldn't find it for an emergency, I have a couple sawbacks stashed as well as a 'emergency road trip' bag in the lockbox. I have had to replenish a couple of times over the years...not many, but enough to know I always make sure to have them.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #112
I like the Anaheim Ducks
Okeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shedOkeetee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Okeetee's Tacoma Gallery
I should get into the habit of having some cash in my wallet because I rarely have more than a few bucks in it on any given day. I'll usually get $40-60 in cash back at the grocery store or convenience store and try to make it last.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #113
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Always 20, or 40, or 60... depends on what I'm planning on buying, or how much someone recently paid me with cash.

20's always go in the wallet. Once broken, they go in my money clip in a different pocket.

Helps to save you from dishonest waiters (I've encountered it a lot in Mexico) where you hand them a $20, they bring back change for a 5 or 10, and tell you that's what you gave them. If it came out of my wallet, it was a 20 or a 50.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #114
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
How much cash in your wallet?

Anything under $5 is a coin here so I usually pack around at least a $20 in my pocket and leave the $1 and $2 coins in my truck
Old 11-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #115
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Anything under $5 is a coin here so I usually pack around at least a $20 in my pocket and leave the $1 and $2 coins in my truck
I hate coins.

They get dropped in the bucket when I empty my pockets at night.

Once of these days I need to take the bucket to the bank.. I've probably got $50 collected.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #116
Yeti Hunter
Bennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBennett707 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Bennett707's Tacoma Gallery
Old 11-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #117
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
I hate coins.

Once of these days I need to take the bucket to the bank.. I've probably got $50 collected.
I like the $1 and $2 coins , and our new plastic see through bills , but I generally don't pack the change around , dollar coins go in a cubby in my truck for the car wash and the rest in a jar
Old 11-15-2013, 11:29 PM   #118
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
I hate coins.

I bought a DeWalt table saw with coins last year.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #119
The Safety Guy
BDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
BDBSoCal's Tacoma Gallery
Gambling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winker View Post
Does anyone gamble with anything other than cash? Just curious because all my gambling is done with cash.
I do my gambling in the stock market.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #120
The Safety Guy
BDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shedBDBSoCal is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
BDBSoCal's Tacoma Gallery
Expect the unexpected...

I started carrying cash in college, because I knew some women who were fun and spontaneous - but really bad at planning ahead. I finally realized that the best thing to do was 1) fill my gas tank 2) have $40 in my wallet and 3) just block out 6 hours. If someone said, "Let's go to Denny's in Palm Springs in the middle of the night!" I could accommodate. (And yes, that was one of the trips.)

Truthfully, I haven't run into a place that didn't take credit cards since...well, this afternoon. We found a quaint little coffee shop and decided to try it out instead of Starbucks. And they don't take credit cards. Cost about half as much as Starbucks though.

From a security standpoint, I know people who have traveled the world and gotten robbed. The best practice is to have some money so you can give it to them and show them that you don't have any more. They will not believe that you have "NONE." All Westerners are wealthy, somehow. But if you can give them enough to make their day worthwhile, you have a much better chance of being able to go on your way unhurt. You may want to keep a larger amount in a different location.