Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Getting the Auto Insurance run around? Words of Wisdom Please.y

Old 11-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 9SFS
Name: Jared
bigtaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Getting the Auto Insurance run around? Words of Wisdom Please.y

So it is November 1st, on 10 Oct 13 I was involved in a minor head on colision with a young driver that claimed she was headed to work. There where no injuries but she gave my 3 month old truck a black eye. My insurance, USAA, was quick to start the process of handling my claim. The bill is 1200 dollars and USAA fronted me everything but my 500 dollar deductable. So since Im not at fault and the damage isnt hendering the operation of my vehicle I dont feel like I should come out of pocket for being hit. But it gets better! Her insurance company doesn't cover her using her car for work. So that means they may not cover her involvment in the accident so I still have a beat up truck and a $500 deductable only until My insurance company gets the money Via a collection agency. So WTF

Please provide me with some words of wisdom

Edit. Im on a tablet and I didn't mean to include the y in the title.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
"headed to work" isn't the same as "using her car for work" but

Good luck getting your $$ from her
Old 11-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
bigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbigtaco06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
"headed to work" isn't the same as "using her car for work" but

Good luck getting your $$ from her
I know right I already made my statement to both insurance companies.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
First off, I'm pissed the hell off over that extra "y" in the title. I mean WTH bro? :-)

Anyhow, as stated above, IMO going to work vs. using it for work are VASTLY different things. I call bullshit on whoever is spewing that crap. I'd explain to them they can attempt to defend that in court if they continue to dick you around, I'd find some ambulance chasing lawyer who only charges upon recovery and go after them...actually I say that but more likely I'd just bend over and take it...

HOWEVER, what's up with your company (USAA) they should cover the cost and subregate. They should send one of their lawyers to deal with it. I'm thinking that's part of THEIR job.

It sucks man...it's hard to be made whole when dealing with insurance companies.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

ON EDIT: If she was using it for work I'm thinking as an agent for XXX (her employer) then her employer would need to cover it. Tell her you're going to contact her employer for payment???
Old 11-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
First off I'm pissed about that extra "y" you put in the title! WTF man? :-))

Any how, as stated going to work and using it for work are two very different thing. I call bullshit
Y
Old 11-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtaco06 View Post
Y
Damn that "Y" make it stop!

I got kicked off in the middle of my post...and you grabed it before I could delete the shit message! :-)
Old 11-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
Quote:
First off, I'm pissed the hell off over that extra "y" in the title. I mean WTH bro? :-)

Anyhow, as stated above, IMO going to work vs. using it for work are VASTLY different things. I call bullshit on whoever is spewing that crap. I'd explain to them they can attempt to defend that in court if they continue to dick you around, I'd find some ambulance chasing lawyer who only charges upon recovery and go after them...actually I say that but more likely I'd just bend over and take it...

HOWEVER, what's up with your company (USAA) they should cover the cost and subregate. They should send one of their lawyers to deal with it. I'm thinking that's part of THEIR job.

It sucks man...it's hard to be made whole when dealing with insurance companies.

Best of luck and keep us posted.
Will do I called her Insurance which by the way is farmers and he was able to fill me in. He said its going to be covered one way or another and assured me things are going to get worked out. I dont think USAA had enough info to try to explain to me the circumstances and made it sound like the other company wasnt going to do anything when in reality it should be taken care of in the next week.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
Quote:
I got kicked off in the middle of my post...and you grabed it before I could delete the shit message! :-)
Ha no worries friend Tacoma World probs.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #9

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Oh right on kinda sound like it's all gonna come out in the wash.

I'm not sure if it's TW or my iPhone 4S & living in a remote spot with not even 3G service!

Y
Old 11-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #10
BRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRUIN8124 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
BRUIN8124's Tacoma Gallery
in my experience...

If an insurance company is giving me the run-around...

1) I tell them my neck is starting to hurt and I plan to see a doctor.

if that doent work...

2) I let my attourney give them a little courtesy call.

I know it's a bit scummy but you will be amazed how quick, courteous and efficient insurance companies become when you do this... It's your ride, her fault and you dont deserve to be dicked around.