1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Backordered

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by KeithB, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Mar 13, 2009 at 2:31 PM
    KeithB

KeithB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    Is it just me or has anyone else noticed - everything I order lately whether online or at a local shop ends up being backordered or special order. The entire country is shutting down I guess cause of this economy but this sucks. My tonneau was ordered 6 weeks ago and I still don't have it. My weathertech floor liners have been on order for 5 weeks. The wheels I want are no longer being made and they still told me BACKORDERED! How can they be backordered if they don't make them anymore? I mean wouldn't they just be in stock or not. Doesn't backordered mean they need to make more to keep up with demand?

2. Mar 13, 2009 at 2:37 PM
    AK27

AK27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    ha now you know what its like living in canada and trying to order stuff off the net! :p

3. Mar 13, 2009 at 2:50 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Where I work we are really running lean on what we have on hand at any given time. It is becoming the norm lately.

4. Mar 13, 2009 at 3:13 PM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    It costs money to stock it and nowadays it usually a drop shipment. That means if you call Mr A to get a part/piece/accessory, They will in turn call Mr B and then have it shipped straight from there. That way Mr A doesn't have to store it,inventory it, look for it and get taxed on standing stock. And Mr T can keep on hocking cookware.

Most of today's shipping is called "Just In Time". Like when we transport stuff to say....the Freightliner Truck assembly plant in NC. As soon as that trailer backs into the door, they take that item/freight straight to the assembly line and load it into the system. No storage or warehousing. I've pulled Detroit Diesel engines out of Michigan to NC and they knew what engines where on the truck, what position they were on the truck and that engine was already assigned to a chassis. The little robot comes and gets it and brings it close to a passing by line where this engine is getting loaded on to the chassis. That is a sweet operation. If you ever get a chance to tour something like this it will blow your mind. The wire bundle area is off the hook. Miles and miles of wire being made into harnesses. My head hurt watching that.

Besides....It's tax return time....Probably hundreds ahead of you who ordered the same part.

5. Mar 13, 2009 at 5:15 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    been dealing with that since December, you would think they would stock some of the stuff due to it selling, but nope.
    I am on a backorder for going on 4 months..............:(

Products Discussed in

To Top