1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tripple A went FULL RETARD

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Phil Dammit, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Nov 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM
    Phil Dammit

Phil Dammit [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Your Mom
    Tempe, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    05 5 lug minitrucker
    4.5/5.5 drop, DJM arms, QA1 coilovers, 6lug leafs, QA1 18-way, rear swaybar, Batwing Big brakes, high flow cat, indy/hurst shifter, memphis amps, focal 3-ways, Eclipse AV unit, SunDown 10" custom box, TRD bucket swap.
    Buddy lost his keys to his 07 double cab two days ago while at work. Tripple A came out and pop'd it open, no key inside, and they couldn cut key that night. Next day he calls me and I verify for him that his 6lug has a chipped key and will need to be bought and programmed at the dealer or similar.

Dont know what happened between me telling him to get towed to the nearest dealer, get a new key, and yesterday but last night Tripple A sent out some kid who went for 3 hours and 4 attempts with no go on each attempt at cutting a key for his taco. Was there until 4am.

Today his dash is now apart in the back alley of tempe with a different grease monkey from Tripple A telling him that the aftermarket radio is the issue. When I installed that radio I used a harness adapter and only replaced the radio, nothing else. On top of that it is a non JBL stereo. Dude says the radio is the reason why he cant reprogram the key, that because it is aftermarket the CANS are not communicating with one another. If that was the case all he would need to do is disconnect the radio, not tear the cluster out and most of the dash apart.

Am I wrong in thinking the Tripple A guy has gone FULL RETARD and is wasting my buddies time? Or did toyota go FULL RETARD and link all the data through the radio?

2. Nov 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    richardbui23

richardbui23 That guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Arlington Texas
    Vehicle:
    Stacy
  3. Nov 19, 2013 at 2:18 PM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Democratic Peoples Republik of Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser, 98 Landcruiser
    Stuff
    Gm does the same thing. Equally add lame from both manufacturers.

4. Nov 19, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    There's your problem. :cool:

5. Nov 19, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    Phil Dammit

Member:
    First Name:
    Your Mom
    Tempe, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    05 5 lug minitrucker
    4.5/5.5 drop, DJM arms, QA1 coilovers, 6lug leafs, QA1 18-way, rear swaybar, Batwing Big brakes, high flow cat, indy/hurst shifter, memphis amps, focal 3-ways, Eclipse AV unit, SunDown 10" custom box, TRD bucket swap.
    I know tripple A is the problem, just wondering if that tard is even close to being right.
    I know, but he doesn get it. I advised him completely opposite of what has transpired.

If that is the case, then all he should need to do is disconnect the radio harness from the radio, not pull the dash and cluster out.:confused:

6. Nov 19, 2013 at 2:25 PM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax ProKiller
    Kings, Toyos, Baja Designs, TC, SDHQ
    Is the suspension modified Phil?

7. Nov 19, 2013 at 2:27 PM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    this ^

:rofl:

8. Nov 19, 2013 at 2:32 PM
    Phil Dammit

Member:
    First Name:
    Your Mom
    Tempe, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    05 5 lug minitrucker
    Highly pattycakes, highly LOL:p

I ended up tellin him to tell that derptard to call a tow truck, button his shit back up, tow it to mesa river view, and get it there asap so he can have his truck back before they close.:cool:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  9. Nov 19, 2013 at 2:53 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    since when did AAA become mechanics? I could understand fixing something enough to get it to a garage or something but trying to fix the problem they probably have zero experience working on.... :confused: I sure as hell wouldn't let one of them work on my car

10. Nov 19, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    This.

Fink

11. Nov 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM
    Phil Dammit

Member:
    First Name:
    Your Mom
    Tempe, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    05 5 lug minitrucker
    LMAO, dude pulled the whole dash apart, pulled the computer out and some other shit apparently and then said, "need to take it back to my saldering station, have it back to you in the morning" DAFUQ!?!?! Finally my boy sacked up, getting it put back together waiting for the tow truck to take him to MESA RIVERVIEW. Tripple A, stick to what you know, popping doors open and towing cars.

12. Nov 19, 2013 at 3:38 PM
    F75gunslinger

F75gunslinger Ka like a wheel

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Rochester,NY
    Vehicle:
    SWB '10 Doublecab TRD Sport 4x4
    Cluster and Radio LED swap,Westin bull bar,2nd set of bed tie downs,URD SS,K&N filter,weathertechs
    TRIPPLE A...spellcheck FTMFW oy

13. Nov 19, 2013 at 3:52 PM
    Kala

Kala Well-Known Member

Member:
    BigIsland
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    AAA is Hawaii will only tow it to your house or a mechanic shop. That goes for lost keys, accidents, break downs. Ive had troubles with State Farm/AAA over them wanting to tow it to a tow yard closer to the scene vs a mechanic shop in my town or even my house. Most times I wanted my vehicle, to my place of residence.

Atleast you dont have tow companies calling you from another island, because AAA got in touch with them and was the only one available in a 100 mile radius.

14. Nov 20, 2013 at 4:56 AM
    Fink

Fink Motorboatin' SOB

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    2013 Regular Cab 4x4
    WeatherTechs, 265/75-16 DuraTracs, ATX Mojave Teflon Wheels, ARE V-Series Shell
    AAA has always been good to me, although they've only ever had to unlock one of my cars. The other times it's all been my friend's vehicles or my girlfriend's. :D

Fink

15. Nov 20, 2013 at 5:24 AM
    bldegle2

bldegle2 OldPhart

Member:
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD AccessCab
    New Navigation DVD/CD/TV/AV/Bluetooth Stereo and seat mod spacers, 1" hubcentric spacers, seat heaters....
    this sounds like a Triple A satellite jobber that figured they could make some extra $$$$ by 'fixing' it themselves...I wouldn't let them put it back together for fear of phucking it up even more...

what happened to common sense here, it is like this whole fiasco could have been stopped by the owner when the kid showed up to cut a new key...after one attempt I would be kicking the kids arze out the door...sure, it costs more at the Stealership, but they kinda have the upper hand with an EZ fix....

sticking around to see what happens next, jeesh...

16. Nov 20, 2013 at 5:49 AM
    Phil Dammit

Member:
    First Name:
    Your Mom
    Tempe, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    05 5 lug minitrucker
    Yeah my boy dropped the ball for sure. Got it to the dealer, have to have a master tech program it as he needs to enter his tech number to do so. Toyota has some weird policies. Costing him almost 300 to get his truck going again.

17. Nov 20, 2013 at 5:55 AM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Alberta
    If the radio is part of the canbus, and it's missing, there will be a problem. Might need t put a factory radio back in to program the key. See what the dealer says. They'd know best, a lot of people don't have the right equipment to program keys.

18. Nov 20, 2013 at 6:13 AM
    Phil Dammit

Member:
    First Name:
    Your Mom
    Tempe, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    05 5 lug minitrucker
    Even if it was, simply unplugging the aftermarket will solve the problem. But I talked to the service advisor, tripple A went full derp.

19. Nov 20, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    Moco

Moco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    NoVA
    Vehicle:
    96 Regular Cab 4x4 5spd
    Wait a second, what tiny village do you live in that the LEO not only came out to a locked out call but actually opened your door for you?

Products Discussed in

To Top