1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DNA Sampling Stops Coming to a Town Near You

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by HBMurphy, Nov 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 21, 2013 at 12:54 PM
    Kala

Kala Well-Known Member

Member:
    BigIsland
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Man, would I like to see ebt handled better here. I support drug testing for that!

Down here the police fought to keep subsidized personal cars and theyre allowed to run the blue bubble/light bar without it on. To me, it would be better to have there presence, rather than lurking in the shadows.

We have many problems down here man.

2. Nov 21, 2013 at 1:07 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy [OP] Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Oh I know you do. I recently spent 2 weeks on your island. I love it. When I go there, the only thing touristy I do is get a rental car. My blind auntie lives there. I love to explore and meet peeps. I spoke with many that many would not speak to. I heard many of their stories. Some of ice. Some of coming from the mainland and working the system. Many bragging about EBT. I can remember one day in the park in Hilo the community organizer speaking loudly to a rowdy crowd in billowing weed smoke, "You must fill out your paperwork if I'm going to get you your money."

I realize it's tough. I spent a year unemployed working with the homeless and a few battered womens shelters (I did nothing with the women, I just did chores and repaired homes).

Once again, some of the folks I met in the parks were very friendly and had some great family values. At the same time, many of them were very high and I just saw that somewhat as a cultural norm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top