1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help: Statistics Project

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by DanGer, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Mar 18, 2009 at 6:50 PM
    DanGer

DanGer [OP] Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    My group for my engineering statistics class is coming up with blanks on what we can do for our project. Its basically open to anything. We just need ideas on something to observe, take data, analyze. It can be on anything, just as long as it involves taking down numerical information. Anyone got any ideas?

2. Mar 18, 2009 at 7:00 PM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    good idea! We wanted to see what percentage of girls wore north face jackets, because it seems like thats the only thing girls wear on this campus. BUUUUT it has warmed up so

3. Mar 18, 2009 at 7:02 PM
    Mazdayota

Mazdayota Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mason, OH
    Vehicle:
    '09 SR5 4X4
    K&N Drop-in air filter
    Any particular type of engineering? In my experience it's always been best to find subject matter closely related to the class. Being engineering I would look for something like failure rates, production defect rate, process improvement, etc. Given the current state of the economy, reducing costs, simplifying production and reducing defect rate is a top priority for just about every engineering job. I see you're in VA, what college?

4. Mar 18, 2009 at 7:03 PM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual

It is for mechanical engineering (college). However our teacher (grad student) is a math major so very few homework problems or examples had to do with engineering. I am at Virgina Tech.

5. Mar 18, 2009 at 7:08 PM
    Mazdayota

Member:
    Mason, OH
    Vehicle:
    '09 SR5 4X4
    K&N Drop-in air filter
    Awesome, +1 for you. I'm a recent grad - May '08. I actually went all the way until Spring my senior year before taking statistics. I was a double AE/OE. The TA for my statistics class was a grad student (statistics major) as well.

6. Mar 18, 2009 at 7:12 PM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    Wow that is awesome! I switched from AOE to ME last semester so I could do our new nuclear engineering program. Technically I never switched because I was a freshman and hadn't declared yet.

7. Mar 18, 2009 at 7:18 PM
    Mazdayota

Member:
    Mason, OH
    Vehicle:
    '09 SR5 4X4
    K&N Drop-in air filter
    Wow, they're going to try to do a nuclear program again? I had heard they used to have a reactor on campus somewhere but it was removed and the program cancelled due to safety concerns. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. You should check out the CCVT (Car Club at Virginia Tech) if you get the chance. They're mainly into care and turbos and stuff but there's a couple of truck guys in there. They have their own forums and all and if you've ever seen cars on the drill field that's them. If you ever go to an event, just don't take anything too seriously. Car show on May 2nd - I'll more than likely be down with the Protege (because it's the only thing worth showing off).

8. Mar 18, 2009 at 7:20 PM
    DanGer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    Haha ya. They have had a graduate nuclear program for a while but staring last semester they opened like 25 seats for undergrads. The reason it got cancelled earlier is that some grad student walked down davidson with an unseal container of waste haha

Products Discussed in

To Top