1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

USAA To get it or not

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by airsoft_warrior, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Jan 8, 2014 at 6:27 AM
    airsoft_warrior

airsoft_warrior [OP] Batman

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Limited
    TRD Performance Exhaust
    I have heard great things about it, I have had state farm all my life and no complaints, My wife has had USAA with no complaints. I have heard good things about both companies. Any advice which way to go?

I will have Auto, Home, and Life through them. I don't care about investments or banking through my insurance company.

2. Jan 8, 2014 at 6:37 AM
    nevenelestate

nevenelestate Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Southern MD
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma V6 4X4 SR5
    Stock
    I've been with USAA for many years now, not a single complaint.

3. Jan 8, 2014 at 6:41 AM
    frankakashane

frankakashane Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    San Diego, California
    Vehicle:
    06 White 4x4 TRD SR5 O/R Pack
    Icon extended travel shocks front~Icon resi extended travel rear shocks~Alcan rear springs~total chaos UCAs~Wheelers super bumps front and rear~Diff drop~steel brake lines~Alpine single din stereo~blacked out emblems~front 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers~carrier bearing drop~TRD cat back exhaust
    USAA is amazing for auto insurance. I've had them for years and never had a single complaint when dealing with them. They are a very stand up company.

4. Jan 8, 2014 at 6:43 AM
    frankakashane

frankakashane Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    San Diego, California
    Vehicle:
    06 White 4x4 TRD SR5 O/R Pack
    Icon extended travel shocks front~Icon resi extended travel rear shocks~Alcan rear springs~total chaos UCAs~Wheelers super bumps front and rear~Diff drop~steel brake lines~Alpine single din stereo~blacked out emblems~front 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers~carrier bearing drop~TRD cat back exhaust
    Also, they are the cheapest around :)

5. Jan 8, 2014 at 6:45 AM
    Bobbb

Bobbb "Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    Bob
    Tundra TRD/OR
    After many years with State Farm, I switched to USAA around 15 years or so ago and have never looked back.

6. Jan 8, 2014 at 6:47 AM
    mclovin

mclovin chicka chicka, yeah!

Member:
    Biloxi
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DC Barcelona Red
    Prev, 04 Xtra Cab Prerunner, 12 SR5 4x4 AC
    i've had USAA for a long time, however, they did yank me around when my truck was broken into.... i finally gave up with their run around and just cut my losses. other than that, great company.

7. Jan 8, 2014 at 6:55 AM
    airsoft_warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Limited
    TRD Performance Exhaust

Thanks for the feedback.

My wife's car was totaled. Other than USAA saying it had been stolen, They found it right where it was supposed to be and took them 5 days to assess value and determine whether it was totaled or not.

Needless to say that it wasn't a great experience but it was not terrible either.

8. Jan 8, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    chenbro

chenbro ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member:
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2009 Silver DCSB TRD OR
    What haven’t I changed?
    I'm in the same boat as the OP. I have State Farm, my wife has USAA. She wants me to switch to USAA when my insurance is up in May, but can't give me any reason other than "USAA is the best"

9. Jan 8, 2014 at 7:04 AM
    Underdog777

Underdog777 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Gilberz
    Vehicle:
    '06 Stuckrunner
    Camburg LT.
    USAA is solid. But, I switched to Progressive and saved $350 bucks for the exact same full coverage.

10. Jan 8, 2014 at 7:07 AM
    Detective_Dan

Detective_Dan "Place original and witty user title here"

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Colorado Springs
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Beast / 2016 Yamaha FZ-07
    Pelfreybilt Front Plate Bumper, Brute Force Fab High Clearance Rear Bumper, Pelfreybilt Sliders, OME 886/Dakars, SCS F5's, 33" Ko2's, Cobra 75WXST/3' Firestik, oil catch can, aero turbine 2525, rear differential breather extension, bedmat, weathertech digital fit front/rear, BHLM, custom shiftknob (made by me),
    i have usaa for insurance, checking, savings, and credit, for a few years now with no complaints. they take good care of their customers

11. Jan 8, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    BudMan

BudMan knee scooters R us

Member:
    First Name:
    Bret
    Alameda, CA, (Bay Area)
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport DC 4x4
    stuff
    I love USAA. Have had them for 15 years. Have dealt with a comprehensive claim and a not-at-fault accident. They were great both times. I didn't much care for their recommended body shop, but you can pick your own no problem.

Op - you should look into the multi-car and multi-policy discounts, they can save A LOT. Couple that with good driver and loyalty (eventually) discounts and its very affordable for top-notch insurance (IMHO). They also have more services than you could imagine. Car Buying Service, Jewelry Store, free financial planning, healthcare info/brokers, etc etc etc. Definitely worth looking into.

12. Jan 8, 2014 at 7:37 AM
    Kenobe

Kenobe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    I've been with USAA for 17 years now. I've made several claims over the years for cars and houses with no major complaints.

13. Jan 8, 2014 at 8:03 AM
    airsoft_warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Limited
    TRD Performance Exhaust

That's is what I am always getting as well. It is nice to see some opinions from other people I trust. My family has had State Farm for the last 40 years, with no complaints. The major complaints I have seen with USAA is their homeowners insurance.

14. Jan 8, 2014 at 8:06 AM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    I've had USAA for a little under a year now, for investing and credit(eventually savings as well) and they've been nothing but great.

I'd recommend them to anyone.

15. Jan 8, 2014 at 8:17 AM
    Chipskip

Chipskip N7MCS

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    07 Tundra
    I have USAA for over 5 years, Auto & home ins, Banking, investment, mortgage.

I have never had an issue. I have filed a home ins claim and they were awesome and quick in responding.

I got a quotes from progressive and gieco for Auto and Home ins about 6 months ago, they seemed that they could save me a bunch at first, but in the end, both companies would have been +/- $20 a year difference. Not worth the switch.

My mortgage process was so smooth and easy. The seller's Realtor even told me that she pushed her seller to accept my offer as USAA is so smooth.

I will say, that motorcycle insurance is a little high with USAA. They only broker mc insurance, they don't provide it directly. So the prices aren't the best. I have a few friends that have USAA for everything except their motorcycles, those they have with some else.

Just switch and enjoy. If you become a full member, or your wife already is, than you open the door for your children to benefit from USAA.

16. Jan 8, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    Teniente

Teniente Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carson City, NV/Ensenada, Baja California, MX
    Vehicle:
    White 2006 SR5 DCSB 4x4
    I have had USAA for 34 years with no problems. vehicle, home, watercraft, banking, investments and credit card.

When my Tacoma was broken into in Reno, it took one phone call to get a check for repairs and reimbursement directly deposited into my checking account.

We had paint damage to a vehicle due to a sandstorm, USAA told us to take it where ever we wated for a total repaint.

My wife was involved an an accident.....not her fault, the adjuster was there in 30 minutes. Covered all medical bills and body work without question.

Their financial side is is solid and I like their on-line bill pay.

I would not hesitate in recommending USAA to anyone.

17. Jan 8, 2014 at 8:19 AM
    airsoft_warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Edgewater, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma DCLB Limited
    TRD Performance Exhaust

I will definitely be looking into it. Thanks Everyone!

18. Jan 8, 2014 at 8:19 AM
    double dee

double dee Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Company has great customer service but I have found they don't always offer the best rates, well with anything really. I have looked at them for an auto loan, home loan, auto insurance etc... and have always found better rates. Kind of sucks since they are a great company. I had my auto loan with them for a few months at 5% and refinanced with my local credit union for 1.39%. I recently just bought a house too and their rates were pretty competitive but for some reason their funding fees were much higher than others. I switched my auto policy from them as well since I needed to bundle home insurance and saved $400 a year on auto and a few hundred on my home policy as well with Nation wide. I also have a credit card with them but they never offer 0apr on new cards expect on balance transfer so I have also gone elsewhere for that too. But I still have my checking/saving account with them! LOL

19. Jan 8, 2014 at 8:19 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    USAA is good... I do everything with them.

Products Discussed in

To Top