Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Does anybody wear NICE Western Boots on TW?

Old 01-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #1
^^ I no longer have a PreRunner
99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
99PreRunner.'s Tacoma Gallery
Does anybody wear NICE Western Boots on TW?

I was curious, does anyone on here wear nice western boots? If so, what brand do you prefer and what else besides leather do you prefer? I buy different boots, but I hate to spend $300-$700+ on some without hearing some feedback. I wear a lot of Ariat (mainly Crossfire and Wildstock), and a few Lucchese's (when I can afford them or find a deal). I just want to hear some feedback on different brands and styles?
Old 01-19-2014, 09:23 PM   #2
Jesus thinks you suck too
Frkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
Frkypunk's Tacoma Gallery
I perfer my alligator ones, for everyday life...or my rattlesnake ones if I am in a good mood....but if I am feeling froggy...I put on my human skin ones...special order from a company called Amazon.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:27 PM   #3
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just have a few cheap pairs I wear around. I've been thinking about getting me a nice pair though.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:27 PM   #4
99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed99PreRunner. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What brand are the gators? And is it printed or caiman?
Old 01-19-2014, 09:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunktaco View Post
I just have a few cheap pairs I wear around. I've been thinking about getting me a nice pair though.
For the money, it's hard to beat Ariat. Depending on the heel you like (I prefer riding heels), limits your variety. Are you looking for a "going out" pair or everyday pair?
Old 01-19-2014, 09:30 PM   #6
ultrarnr is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
ultrarnr's Tacoma Gallery
I've had good luck with my elephant boots. Had some Dan Posts for a while, most recently some Lucchese's and some Larry Mahans. Never could bring myself to wear gator/ full quill ostrich.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrarnr View Post
I've had good luck with my elephant boots. Had some Dan Posts for a while, most recently some Lucchese's and some Larry Mahans. Never could bring myself to wear gator/ full quill ostrich.
I've been on the verge of picking up a pair of elephant Lucchese's here lately. I like the feel and it's cheaper than most caiman... I started wearing exotics because after wearing leather for a while, they all tend to look the same. I'm waiting on some Lucchese Lizard's with inlay to arrive in the mail now... BTW Dan Post full quill ostrich are some of the most comfortable... ALL I WEAR IS WIDE SQUARE TOE
Old 01-20-2014, 07:16 AM   #8
ultrarnr is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
ultrarnr's Tacoma Gallery
The current LM elephants are my first pair of square toes but I like them so far.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:21 AM   #9
BriansZ is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
BriansZ's Tacoma Gallery
I just wear Ariat's. I'm pretty cheap so I have a hard time spending a lot of money on things.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:37 AM   #10
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
I wear Ariat's every day. My favorite is narrow square toe, but I have a pair of no name custom local pointed toe ostrich boots. My last pair of Ariat's (Wildstock's) lasted little over 2 years and I wore them year 'round. The bottom split in one and the heels were worn, which is why I just got new ones right after Christmas. I ended up getting the Ariat Rawhide's in blue and dark brown. Well spent money. Ariat Men's Rawhide

I also have a pair of $100 steel toe wolverine boots I use the piss out of when working on the truck and a pair of nice Tony Lama steel toes that are insulated I use in the winter. Tony Lama Western Work

I'd love to get more exotic boots but can't justify spending $500+ on a pair of boots. Crazy what people will spend on these things.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:45 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWaldz View Post
I wear Ariat's every day. My favorite is narrow square toe, but I have a pair of no name custom local pointed toe ostrich boots. My last pair of Ariat's (Wildstock's) lasted little over 2 years and I wore them year 'round. The bottom split in one and the heels were worn, which is why I just got new ones right after Christmas. I ended up getting the Ariat Rawhide's in blue and dark brown. Well spent money. Ariat Men's Rawhide

I also have a pair of $100 steel toe wolverine boots I use the piss out of when working on the truck and a pair of nice Tony Lama steel toes that are insulated I use in the winter. Tony Lama Western Work

I'd love to get more exotic boots but can't justify spending $500+ on a pair of boots. Crazy what people will spend on these things.
This is my everyday boot ... It's about time to replace the heels on my white Wildstock's before I ruin them.

I'm waiting on these to show up in the mail ... eBay has these on sale for $249 right now, so if anyone is intersted, better pick them up before it's too late
Old 01-20-2014, 02:53 PM   #13

JWaldz, Try these out, Dan Post DP2980. You can get them in a few different colors, and this place has, BY FAR, the best price right now. Most places run $400-$450.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #14
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Everything I have is square toe. I wear Ariats everyday and I love them. For nice boots I have a pair of Stetsons. I got them a few years ago at the Reno Rodeo for half price, which is the only reason I could afford them. They are nice.
I want to get a nice pair of full quill ostrich.
My wife wears lucchese full quill.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:45 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Everything I have is square toe. I wear Ariats everyday and I love them. For nice boots I have a pair of Stetsons. I got them a few years ago at the Reno Rodeo for half price, which is the only reason I could afford them. They are nice.
I want to get a nice pair of full quill ostrich.
My wife wears lucchese full quill.
Check out the link I posted about the Dan Post. They are very comfortable and that place has a killer price. My girlfriend just bought a pair of Old Gringo Red Snake boots (over priced, but she "couldn't live" without them ).
Old 01-20-2014, 03:51 PM   #16
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Those are pretty nice. My wife would kill me if I bought ANYTHING right now.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:21 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Those are pretty nice. My wife would kill me if I bought ANYTHING right now.
I know what you mean
Old 01-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #18
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have these

http://www.urbanwesternwear.com/tin-haul-mudflap-boots

(Didn't come from there, just a pic for reference)

I've thought about the Tin Haul shark boots too. Square toe FTW!

http://www.sheplers.com/Durango-Rebe...CategoryId=327

These are my daily screwing around boots. FFA is a play on my last name
Old 01-20-2014, 05:28 PM   #19
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Can't go wrong with a nice pair of lariats, I feel like they last awhile.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:31 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunktaco View Post
I have these

http://www.urbanwesternwear.com/tin-haul-mudflap-boots

(Didn't come from there, just a pic for reference)

I've thought about the Tin Haul shark boots too. Square toe FTW!
How's the feel? Pretty comfortable? Haha it's funny you mention the shark boots, I've been looking at them lately and figured they'd look pretty good with some black slacks lol. Idk how the GF would feel with me wearing the Sharks when we go out