1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

my first dog

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by rab89, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Mar 24, 2009 at 5:49 AM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    You sound like you are ready to me. I got my first dog when I was 19. I had no idea what a responsability it was. It changed my life, and for the better. You seem to have thought this thru. Get the dog, you won't be sorry.

2. Mar 24, 2009 at 5:54 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    i've always had dogs since i was born.they are the greatest pet ever.they are more loyal than person you know.its alot of work.vet bills suck. dogs death is unbearable(i put down 3 dogs in 3 years in a row)you always have to make sure someone is home to let him out and feed him. if and when you have kids,sadly that dog comes 2nd to your child and yes tht dog is more loyal than your child.

3. Mar 24, 2009 at 10:45 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    I'm actually going through the EXACT same thought process. i've always gotten along with animals really well and typically like them more than people. I'd love to have a dog but then i think about the cost of the vet bills, and toys and food. The fact that nobody is home during the day would make it very hard to train him and while he was a puppy i'd be cleaning up piss and shit every single daywhen i got home. then i'd have to walk it and train it. none of that would be a problem if i were at home all day but i'm not. then there's weekends, i go out of town almost every weekend. i'd have to find someone to watch it (more money) or take it with me which may or may not be a problem depending on where i go.

but on the flip side, alot of my personal shortcoming revolve around the fact that i have no responsibilities resulting in no ambition and no commitment to anything. so i'm wondering if having something that depended on me would solve some of those issues. So i'm like you, i'm seriously considering a dog but at the same time it would be a pretty drastic change i'm not sure i want right now

4. Mar 24, 2009 at 10:51 AM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.

sounds like you need a wife, not a dog :laugh:

5. Mar 24, 2009 at 11:49 AM
    NicksRig

NicksRig Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kenora, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DC TRD Sport
    Blacked out Skid plate, block heater, bug deflector, blacked out headlights, tinted fronts, OME 3" lift, Toytec AAL, Revenge-Fab Sliders, K&N Air Filter
    I got my dog 3 years ago with my GF. Thought it was all good until we broke up and I became a single parent. Thats when things got a bit more difficult. In my line of work, I can go to work in the morning and be shipped out for two weeks without notice. This makes it very hard, but it is doable when you find the right support. If it wasn't for good friends and a new GF I probably would have had to give him up or get a different job. As for doing whatever whenever, it doesn;t happen. Always gotta plan a head to make sure he is taken care of.

6. Mar 24, 2009 at 11:56 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    if i cant commit to a dog i dont think i can commit to a wife. thats one of the flaky things i was talking about that a dog might help with

Products Discussed in

To Top