1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Would you buy this salvage/rebuilt 4runner?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Fanman47, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Feb 10, 2014 at 12:20 AM
    cheeseit

cheeseit Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver B.C.
    Vehicle:
    2005 SR5/TRD OR Tacoma
    3 inch toytec lift
    That scratch almost looks like a reflection of a car. You can sort of see the outline imo.

2. Feb 10, 2014 at 1:10 AM
    koditten

koditten Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kirk
    Central Michigan
    Vehicle:
    04 trd x-cab 4 x 4 3.4l
    Reserected from the dead.
    We never said they repainted the whole car. The lighting is just different in the fixed picture.

I have to say, there seems to be a lot of arguing over a piece of paper. If you are totally against salvage vehicles, that fine, but don't make it sound like it is the kiss of death.

Being in the Biz, i do agree that there are places that will cut as many corners as possible, but they are far in the minority. These "wrecks" are just too expensive to buy in the first place to waste time and money doing a half ass job.

Used cars are a cut throught buisiness. You won't last long by rebuilding a vehicle in a crappy manner.

Believe me, I was kinda suprised that that vehicle was branded a salvage title. I've seen much, much worse and they have clean titles. In fact I'm rebuilding a Tacoma as we speak that should have been salvaged, but was branded a clear title.

You know what the funny part is. With me putting this wrecked, clear title vehicle back together, I don't have to report it to the CarFax folks. Scarry. Just saying, don't trust CarFax unless it has a salvage title.

3. Feb 10, 2014 at 6:49 AM
    Fanman47

Fanman47 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Texas
    Thanks for the responses guys. For what its worth he said the airbags did not deploy and he said a mechanic has inspected it. He was also honest about where the vehicle was from and where the damage was, because I didn't tell him I had found the photos and the auction information. Thats not a scratch, its a reflection. There are other photos that show it.

I did offer 9k and he said he has an active offer of 11.5k but that person was having trouble getting the finances. I proceeded to offer 10.5k and he said he would ask his partner and call me today. Its in Houston and I'm in Fort Worth, so I would have to drive to get it (about 500 miles round trip).

I'm currently talking with my insurance company to make sure they will give full coverage on this vehicle.

We will see...

4. Feb 10, 2014 at 8:39 AM
    Fanman47

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Texas
    Germania insurance will not give me full coverage. I don't want liability only. Can anyone recommend a different insurance company that will give me full coverage for a salvage?

5. Feb 10, 2014 at 8:42 AM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    I don't think any company outside of a shady internet company that will fully cover a salvage title. I know AmFam won't and either will state farm.

6. Feb 10, 2014 at 9:11 AM
    Newlife

Newlife Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Knoxville TN
    Vehicle:
    2020 t4r orp
    Bone f’n stock for now
    X2 when I got hit in my mustang farm dropped me after repairs were done. It wasn't a salvage title or rebuilt. They said too much work had to go into to make it "like new"

7. Feb 10, 2014 at 7:31 PM
    Fanman47

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Texas
    He called me today and said it sold for 11.5.

Products Discussed in

To Top