1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Calling all RV owners...need your opinion

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by fxbrry, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Feb 21, 2014 at 6:18 AM
    fxbrry

fxbrry [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I bought a 2007 Forrest River 35ft 5th wheel back in August 2013 to live in while we built a house. I paid $17,000. We are now ready to sell it. I have listed it on Ebay 3 times and Craigslist 2 times over the past month and half. I have had little to no interest. I'm asking $16,000. Im getting a little scared that Im going to be stuck with this thing. I paid a guy to haul it to a local RV dealer to look at and give me a quote. He said he'd outright buy it for $12,000. If I sell it to him I'll be taking a 5k loss. Should I do it? He will also consign sell it for me and charge me a percentage. He said if he consign sells it for me he would put $19,000 on it. So my dilema is to sell it for 12K and take the money and run or try to consign sell it and maybe I'll get close to 16K but I dont know how long that could take. It's really stressing me out. What should I do?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Feb 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM
    fxbrry

fxbrry [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks for the input fellas. Guess the majority of TW users are too young to be knowledgeable of RV's.

Products Discussed in

To Top