Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Gardening Thread- Show me your gardens!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2014, 08:40 AM   #321
Do you know Tyler Durden?
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
FearNothing321's Tacoma Gallery
I'm currently working on a new product for where I work at. It'll be a solar powered drip irrigation system that utilized rain water collection.

The next versions will be designed for greenhouses.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:28 PM   #322
You don't frighten us, English pig dogs!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
I'm currently working on a new product for where I work at. It'll be a solar powered drip irrigation system that utilized rain water collection.

The next versions will be designed for greenhouses.
Cool! Will there be various sizes so that the backyard gardener can utilize it, or is it going to be designed mostly for the big 60 foot tunnel houses?

After a couple of weeks of saving up my tomatoes I finally had enough to do a 'sauce day' this past weekend and canned up 30 pints of pizza/pasta sauce.

I also did 19 pints of dilly beans, 8 half pints of pickled garlic, and 3 quarts of pickled eggs, while I had my canning gear up and running in the downstairs kitchen.

Now I'm saving tomatoes up for a "soup day" to put away a few quarts of tomato soup base. I usually put up about 10-12 quarts of it, for tomato soup and for a chili base during the black months. I LOVE chili in the winter; soak some beans overnight, brown up some venison burger in the morning and toss all the ingredients into a pot with some extra water and some dried hot peppers from the garden and let it simmer on the woodstove all day....
Nothing better than coming home to that after a long day in a cold snap!

Also; gratuitous shot of the sunflowers that have started blooming, and have actually gotten TALLER since they developed flower heads.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:35 PM   #323
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a good stash.
I froze all the tomatoes in a sauce and salsa. We had tomatoes out of our ears this year. Still got watermelon on vine. Cantaloupe is about done. Peppers still going strong.
Jungle garden is barren now.
Need to plant fall crop of something next month.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #324
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolunatic View Post
Thats a good stash.
I froze all the tomatoes in a sauce and salsa. We had tomatoes out of our ears this year. Still got watermelon on vine. Cantaloupe is about done. Peppers still going strong.
Jungle garden is barren now.
Need to plant fall crop of something next month.
My hot pepper plants are pretty well loaded too. What varieties can you grow in Texas? I imagine probably all of them...
The only ones that I've had any luck with up here are Jalapeno varieties, Cheyenne Chilis, Piquins, and a Paper Lantern variety. Everything else has produced stunted plants and no fruit.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:53 PM   #325
dont tread on me!
Kolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedKolunatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kevin
Kolunatic's Tacoma Gallery
Jalapenos and a hot banana. And a chili petine. Hot little bastard. I let the birds eat it.
Any pepper does good. Want it hot don't water it as much.
I want to make some jams. Watermelon jam came out fair. Watermelon rind same. I want to experiment more.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:35 PM   #326
FearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFearNothing321 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
Cool! Will there be various sizes so that the backyard gardener can utilize it, or is it going to be designed mostly for the big 60 foot tunnel houses?
My goal is to have a variety of different sized kits for various sized gardens/green houses. Where I work, all of our products cater to the DIYer in mind.

I'm hoping to be finished with this project in a few months. I've got most of the math sorted out, just got to locate the components and put together the prototype.

I will definitely will post more about this project when I get sometime to work on it
Old 09-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #327
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a little garden bed we put together about 2 months ago. It's two 4x4 boxes. My wife planted a zucchini plant that has totally dominated. There was also a seed from a pumpkin (plant at top right) and a gourd plant (behind the zucchini) that was in the compost we used to fill it. We had about 8 lettuce plants that we've already eaten. Currently there's lettuce, bell peppers, snap peas (in the pot), cherry tomatoes, basil and a strawberry plant.
Attached Thumbnails
Gardening Thread- Show me your gardens!-10606121_10201667121639896_1326197645769384376_n.jpg  
Old 10-19-2014, 01:14 PM   #328
When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan S.
CorrosiveTendency's Tacoma Gallery
Just found this thread. Subbed
Old 10-19-2014, 07:24 PM   #329

This is one of my Vandas that recently bloomed

Old 10-20-2014, 04:32 AM   #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNothing321 View Post
This is one of my Vandas that recently bloomed

Those are pretty. Do they smell like anything?
Old 10-20-2014, 05:25 PM   #331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
Those are pretty. Do they smell like anything?
Thanks

These are not fragrant orchids, only a few of my collection have scents

Products Discussed in this Thread