1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTF are these bugs?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by JoeTacoma02, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Apr 25, 2014 at 6:48 PM
    Louisd75

Louisd75 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northwest Washington
    Vehicle:
    '02 Xtra Cab, '15 DCSB
    Look like carpet beetles to me. We've got 'em and they're starting to come out. They like to head towards windows/sliding glass doors, eat wool, fur, food, etc.

More info and pics here: http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7436.html

There are special pheromone traps for catching them, but they're more expensive than the generic bug pheromone traps that you find at home improvement stores.

2. Apr 26, 2014 at 10:42 PM
    JoeTacoma02

JoeTacoma02 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    :laugh: classic!

:hungry:

I'm thinking this might be a route that I will end up going. Came home from work tonight and found even tinier ones :mad:

You guys may be correct on this. Thanks for the link! I'll try the store brand stuff before calling the professionals :cool:

I wish these things had feelings like mammals. They would get the hint that they're not wanted here by all their comrades being crunched by my index finger and being washed down the drain :devil:

3. Apr 26, 2014 at 10:48 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    Yeah the carpet beetles start as little centipede looking things with a long hair out one end, then they turn into the more beetle like things. I hate bugs so I've been cleaning like crazy. Freaks me out. I vacuumed, sprayed with the bug barrier stuff around edges, and then sprinkled carpet fresh around (lavender smell, I read they don't like lavender, not sure how true it is but figured why not?), and then vacuumed that up.

I've only ever found them upstairs in my place and the reason I think that is, is because I think birds live in our roof and of course they're attracted to birds nests and manage to find a way in. :facepalm:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  4. Apr 26, 2014 at 11:10 PM
    JoeTacoma02

Member:
    That blows! I think mine are brought in by my daughter because she loves to pick random flowers and bring it home, especially then dandelions.

5. Apr 27, 2014 at 1:03 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    WTF??? I've done a lot of fucked up shit in my life but that has never crossed my mind.

Kind of like the first person to lick a frog to get high. How the hell was that found out about? Was the dude just walking though the woods and tripped and fell with his tongue out and it landed on a frog? I mean... someone had to be the first one.

OP.... I say crunchem up and smoke'm.

6. Apr 28, 2014 at 10:56 AM
    JoeTacoma02

Member:
    :rasta:

Products Discussed in

To Top