1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what would you do

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by coffeesnob, May 31, 2014.

1. May 31, 2014 at 4:03 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    <a class="addthis_counter addthis_pill_style" style="display: inline-block;" href="http://www.timesdispatch.com/content/tncms/live/#" addthis:url="http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/ap/calif-man-returns-that-fell-from-armored-truck/article_ce8cebbc-e85b-11e3-9dd1-0017a43b2370.html">[/URL]

Previous Next
    [​IMG] (AP Photo/The Fresno Bee, George Hostetter)
    Bag Full Of Money Returned

In this photo taken on Thursday, May 29, 2014, Joe Cornell poses for a photo in Fresno, Calif. Cornell, who returned a bag full of about $125,000 that fell out of Brinks truck, received a $5,000 reward and Brinks will make a separate $5,000 donation to the Salvation Army.

Advertisement

Posted: Friday, May 30, 2014 8:37 pm | Updated: 8:39 pm, Fri May 30, 2014.
    Calif. man returns $125,000 that fell from armored truck Associated Press |
    FRESNO, Calif. — A Salvation Army worker in California is being rewarded for his decision to return a bag containing $125,000 that fell from an armored truck.
    Joe Cornell tells The Fresno Bee that he found the cash Tuesday after a Brinks truck pulled away from a red light in Fresno and left the sack behind.
    "I started crying and shaking," Cornell said. "Everything was going through my mind — the good devil/bad devil thing. What to do?"
    Thoughts of the imminent arrival of his fourth grandchild soon helped him decide.
    "I thought, 'What would I want her to think of me?' That made up my mind right there," he said. "I got on my radio and called my boss. 'Hey, I found a bag of money.' "
    Cornell, 52, is in a Salvation Army substance-abuse rehabilitation program. His duties for the organization include working on donated trailers.
    "I went down there carrying the bag like I was Santa Claus," Cornell said.
    Brinks spokesman Ed Cunningham said he isn't sure how the truck lost the money, and he called the incident a security issue.
    The company will give Cornell a $5,000 reward and make a separate $5,000 donation to the Salvation Army.

Products Discussed in

To Top