Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Who takes pride in their yard?

Old 06-05-2014, 12:42 PM   #21
You don't frighten us, English pig dogs!
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Noel
Noelie84's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
I do! My son loves it
Hahaha!
I like the "Escalade" you buried back there.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #22
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks man. Got another one thats gonna get buried too...Kid loves his backyard
Old 06-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #23
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
I do! My son loves it
That is awesome, +1 to you
Old 06-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #24
dirty Nissan driver
gravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shedgravedgr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
gravedgr's Tacoma Gallery
If someone spray painted mine neon orange, it would take me a week to notice.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #25
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
This thread is just what I was hoping to find. I moved about 3 months ago to a house that wasn't cared for very much. Even after watering it daily it doesn't seem to be coming, some patches are green but mostly all dry. Im thinking of using Scotts seed and some Scotts turf builder. Any specific recommendations on how to go about making it green again?
Old 06-05-2014, 04:32 PM   #26
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcpsychobilly View Post
This thread is just what I was hoping to find. I moved about 3 months ago to a house that wasn't cared for very much. Even after watering it daily it doesn't seem to be coming, some patches are green but mostly all dry. Im thinking of using Scotts seed and some Scotts turf builder. Any specific recommendations on how to go about making it green again?
If you can get a few pictures that will help. I used to have a license to buy all the chemicals but I let it lapse a few years back. I worked for a landscape company for quite a few years as a off day job from the Fire Dept.

Throw up a few pictures when you get time and we'll get you some help. For the record I use preM Pre Emergent 2 times in the late winter and then again in the early fall. Pre Emergent will do more to keep summer weeds from germinating therefore you don't have many (if any weeds) to kill in the summertime. In my area we have a huge crabgrass problem and this takes care of that. During the spring / summer I use Scotts Green Max with Iron for a dark green grass about every 6-8 weeks depending on weather.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:07 PM   #27
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
I'd love to have a better looking yard but the moles and voles have done a number on it and the bulldog urine isn't really good for grass. We too have sandy soil which makes it difficult to keep grass looking good.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:13 PM   #28
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
That is awesome, +1 to you
Thanks man

Quote:
If you are up for it. Kill it, Rototill it, Level it, Then lay some scotts contractor seed down. See my pics above. That damn grass glows! I love it!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:25 PM   #29
cheech1 is on a distinguished road
cheech1's Tacoma Gallery
I cut my lawn with a weedwacker, takes me less than an hour. I am jealous of all you guys with the huge lawns. My entire lot is less than 5,000 sq. ft, house is 1,400 + carport, and when I fart in the morning, my neighbor can hear and smell it. BUT, damn thing is worth $700k now.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #30
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech1 View Post
I cut my lawn with a weedwacker, takes me less than an hour. I am jealous of all you guys with the huge lawns. My entire lot is less than 5,000 sq. ft, house is 1,400 + carport, and when I fart in the morning, my neighbor can hear and smell it. BUT, damn thing is worth $700k now.
My yard is 9000sq feet and the house is 2301 sq ft.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #31
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Even though I don't own my own yard yet, I always take pride in caring for whichever yard I can. I used to mow lawns and made good money doing it.

I've done a lot of landscaping at my parents' house. Don't ask me to put up a retaining wall though... It fell down. Mainly because the ground settled after I built it.

Anyway I only have a couple pictures here, but I'm pretty proud of all the rock, mulch, dirt, and grass I moved over the last 8 years that they lived there.

Old 06-05-2014, 05:30 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Even though I don't own my own yard yet, I always take pride in caring for whichever yard I can. I used to mow lawns and made good money doing it.

I've done a lot of landscaping at my parents' house. Don't ask me to put up a retaining wall though... It fell down. Mainly because the ground settled after I built it.

Anyway I only have a couple pictures here, but I'm pretty proud of all the rock, mulch, dirt, and grass I moved over the last 8 years that they lived there.

Very nice!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #33
Triple Option
Slotback will become famous soon enoughSlotback will become famous soon enough
Slotback's Tacoma Gallery
OPs lawn looks magnificent.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:31 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotback View Post
OPs lawn looks magnificent.
Thank you!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:45 PM   #35
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

][/URL]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearViewMirror View Post
Throw up a few pictures when you get time and we'll get you some help. For the record I use preM Pre Emergent 2 times in the winter and then again in the early fall. Pre Emergent will do more to keep summer weeds from germinating therefore you don't have many (if any weeds) to kill in the summertime. In my area we have a huge crabgrass problem and this takes care of that. During the spring / summer I use Scotts Green Max with Iron for a dark green grass about every 6-8 weeks depending on weather.
Pics coming but not very pretty..... Lol

Old 06-05-2014, 05:52 PM   #36

Quote:
Pics coming but not very pretty..... Lol
It's cool man. I moved into my grandparents house after my grandmother passed away about 15 years ago and it was 3 acres of nothing but weeds.

This is what it looked like when I was finished

Old 06-05-2014, 05:57 PM   #37
Noelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoelie84 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech1 View Post
Damn. Hawaii is awesome to look at, but I can't imagine living there.
I hate neighbors. By comparison, my yard is roughly 130,000 square feet (just under 3 acres) and it feels tiny. I grew up on my parent's 100+ acre parcel (I guess that works out to about 4,800,000 square feet) in Maine's Western mountains, and we couldn't even see our neighbors, let alone hear them. I miss that.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #38

Another

The does have a little green
Old 06-05-2014, 06:10 PM   #39

Quote:
Another

The does have a little green
Do you know what type of grass you have?
Old 06-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RearViewMirror View Post
Do you know what type of grass you have?
Gonna go with 'dead' mostly...
Sorry, couldn't resist

I'll just see myself out...