Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Who takes pride in their yard?

Old 06-05-2014, 06:39 PM   #41
Saw things so much clearer once you were in my....
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: IAFF Local 34 Professional Firefighters
Name: Craig Christ
RearViewMirror's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
Gonna go with 'dead' mostly...
Sorry, couldn't resist

I'll just see myself out...
Lol....

I know Colorado has different types of grass so the treatment for that might be different than southern grasses.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #42
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
As promised . . . overcast this evening, but a few shots from a week ago thrown in. I am having to mow like every 3-4 days, so the grass is a big tall.

Front yard. Doge spazzing out.
IMG_2824 by MrTenBeers, on Flickr

Back yard, goes down a steep hill into the woods, small vegetable garden on left.
IMG_2825 by MrTenBeers, on Flickr

Beds out front. Chinese Lilies starting to bloom in foreground, knockout roses prepped for next bloom, pink hydrangea (breast cancer present to my wife) starting to come in.
IMG_2827 by MrTenBeers, on Flickr

Little Doge Kojun
IMG_2790 by MrTenBeers, on Flickr

Checking my sprinklers out after the Rube Goldberg backflow replacement.
IMG_2807 by MrTenBeers, on Flickr

What? What was that I saw in the background? An awesome Taco?
IMG_2812 by MrTenBeers, on Flickr
Old 06-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #43
RearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shedRearViewMirror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^^ Nice ^^

Hard to tell in the pics. Is that Zoysia or Bermuda?
Old 06-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #44
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RearViewMirror View Post
^^ Nice ^^

Hard to tell in the pics. Is that Zoysia or Bermuda?
Thanks, it's just tall fescue. Easy to patch up with just seed here.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #45
PCHearn has a spectacular aura aboutPCHearn has a spectacular aura aboutPCHearn has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: During Viet Nam
Name: Patrick
PCHearn's Tacoma Gallery
House, 5 acres, and a pond in Moore, OK. Keeps me busy, but not really a lot of work.
I find time to relax and catch fish. That's my grandson about 3 weeks ago.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:17 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCHearn View Post
House, 5 acres, and a pond in Moore, OK. Keeps me busy, but not really a lot of work.

Nice fish
Old 06-05-2014, 09:20 PM   #47
Do you even travel bro?
TashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shedTashcomerTexas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dereck
TashcomerTexas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Loved the old yard there is a tiny bit of grass in there lol

A lot of fun though

Redneck af. I'll trade ya lawns
Old 06-05-2014, 09:34 PM   #48
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do you know what type of grass you have?
No idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelie84 View Post
Gonna go with 'dead' mostly...
Sorry, couldn't resist

I'll just see myself out...
Lol mostly dead

Quote:
Lol....

I know Colorado has different types of grass so the treatment for that might be different than southern grasses.
How can I know what kind it is/was?
Old 06-06-2014, 07:31 AM   #49
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech1 View Post
I cut my lawn with a weedwacker, takes me less than an hour. I am jealous of all you guys with the huge lawns. My entire lot is less than 5,000 sq. ft, house is 1,400 + carport, and when I fart in the morning, my neighbor can hear and smell it. BUT, damn thing is worth $700k now.
I couldnt even imagine that. That would literally cause me to go crazy. When I lived in Reno I just had rentals with small lots, and I couldnt take it. I only have 1.25 acres right now and its not big enough. I grew up on 5, and my wife grew up on about 40. And that price,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCHearn View Post

That place looks awesome. I would love to have a pond.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:08 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcpsychobilly View Post
][/URL]

Pics coming but not very pretty..... Lol

Not saying this is what you have but would be my first guess. I've dealt with this in the past and the only option was to re-sod.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:22 AM   #52
BTR has much to be proud ofBTR has much to be proud ofBTR has much to be proud ofBTR has much to be proud ofBTR has much to be proud ofBTR has much to be proud ofBTR has much to be proud ofBTR has much to be proud ofBTR has much to be proud ofBTR has much to be proud of
BTR's Tacoma Gallery
some nice lawns in here, really makes the house...

I just paid some landscapers quite a bit of money to plant new seed, pull rocks out etc. hopefully I can keep up with it
Old 06-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
Here is one I uploaded to live last month. I'll add some more later from tap talk

Very nice!
Old 06-06-2014, 09:40 AM   #55
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
I'd like to take pride in my yard, but I'm currently operating a rock farm. lol

Been working on the house for a few years, so the lawn has been neglected. I'm surrounded by trees, so I have a lot of moss incursion on the edges too. I do fertalize and do some weed prevention on most of the space, but it is going to need major work to get it looking great.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #56
Go Pokes!
Pistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shedPistol Pete is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Pistol Pete's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Very nice!
Thanks, I need to take out the tree that is dying and replace it. Not sure what type or time of year would be best though.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:55 AM   #57

I've got 2 Cleveland pear trees in my front yard. They look nice and don't require a lot of maintenance. One other thing about Cleveland pear trees is they aren't as susceptible to breaking during a ice storm as Bradford pear trees. As far as the look goes they are very similar and both grow very fast. We planted these the first year we were here and they were about 3' and now they are about 35' tall. Pictures in the first post.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:16 AM   #58
Kiss My IFS
yotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotarob2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
yotarob2005's Tacoma Gallery
I do the best I can with my lawn. Its St. Augustine which I love but it does take a lot of water to keep green in the Texas heat. I just put down my late spring fertilizer and another round of insect killer this weekend. I have lost a couple of the shrubs along the front of the house this year and not really sure why or what I am going to do to fix it. Pics are as of this weekend.

Old 06-09-2014, 06:29 AM   #59
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Great looking lawn and house!

Old 06-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghlar View Post
Great looking lawn and house!
Thank you.

My wife mowed it on Sat while I was at the station to surprise me. Good thing she did since it has rained for the last 2 days straight.
She also washed the FR-S though that didn't do much good since all the rain but I'm not complaining about the rain.
It's seldom we get this much rain this time of year.

Yard looks great

Car looks great

Gratuitous picture of the truck