Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Teen BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2014, 09:11 PM   #4162
Meth Saved Me
1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samuel
1993t100's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to flip shit if I see another gas mileage thread.

Literally just saw one where the guy wondered why he was only getting 16mpg after a 3" lift and 265/75's. I wonder why you're only getting 16.....

I don't think people understand that even though our trucks are "compact" or "midsize" trucks, they're still trucks. Like, if you want good gas mileage, get a car. If you want a truck, buy a truck. But don't start bitching when you don't hit 403mpg
Old 08-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #4163
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
Someday i just want a head unit that has takes CDs, has a usb port, bluetooth, and pandora.
Me to, then I park a F-series on the lot and I really want a backup camera.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #4164
Meth Saved Me
1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Someday i just want a head unit that has takes CDs, has a usb port, bluetooth, and pandora.
My old radio had USB/Aux/Pandora. Had a CD player but never used it. Was super nice, could control my music right from the head unit with my iPod always in my glovebox. My new truck only has AUX input, which is still alright. I wish it had USB but that'll come soon enough.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:48 PM   #4166
Meth Saved Me

Quote:
Do the updated usb/aux port mod to your existing head unit.
Meh. For now I'm fine with just the AUX. Someday I'll replace the HU with a nice touchscreen double din
Old 08-17-2014, 07:53 AM   #4167
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
I want more lights
Old 08-17-2014, 08:29 AM   #4169
Boogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phoenix
Boogyman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
As do i. Need accomplish #campaigndeathtothecap then get my tonnuea update shocks, leafs, get my wheels, then do sliders, skids and sotoshi. Hopefully all of that will be done by this time next year.

Are you updating stock shocks or upgrading to shocks for lift
Old 08-17-2014, 08:43 AM   #4170
Tayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tayler
Tayler08trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogyman View Post
Are you updating stock shocks or upgrading to shocks for lift
Since this is the teen page and most id say don't have tons of money unless parents get stuff for u... Who has 6 inch lifts and anyone have the experience with the 999 rough country lift ?
Old 08-17-2014, 08:49 AM   #4171
Boogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoogyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Teen BS Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayler08trd View Post
Since this is the teen page and most id say don't have tons of money unless parents get stuff for u... Who has 6 inch lifts and anyone have the experience with the 999 rough country lift ?
Do you plan on wheeling? I've got a really nice suspension set up for 3.5 inches for the same price if not less than any 6 inch set up and I can stuff 35s with some trimming and regearing. I'll be going to 35s this winter with an air locker and 4.56 gears.
If you don't go wheeling then a 6 inch lift will be fine till just ride like poop.

6inch lifts have the same clearance as a 3inch lift because of the drop bracket taking away from ground clearance.

Or if your 2wd I have a buddy on here who is doing 7 inches of lift with spindles and an OME lift so no drop bracket and he'll have loads of ground clearance and it'll ride fantastic.

I'm just giving you the facts and your best options before going to a 6 inch drop bracket lift
Old 08-17-2014, 09:02 AM   #4172
Tayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedTayler08trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Do you plan on wheeling? I've got a really nice suspension set up for 3.5 inches for the same price if not less than any 6 inch set up and I can stuff 35s with some trimming and regearing. I'll be going to 35s this winter with an air locker and 4.56 gears.
If you don't go wheeling then a 6 inch lift will be fine till just ride like poop.

6inch lifts have the same clearance as a 3inch lift because of the drop bracket taking away from ground clearance.

Or if your 2wd I have a buddy on here who is doing 7 inches of lift with spindles and an OME lift so no drop bracket and he'll have loads of ground clearance and it'll ride fantastic.

I'm just giving you the facts and your best options before going to a 6 inch drop bracket lift
No I understand that most go with 3 inch for trailing but I've 6 inch do it also... I have a 4x4 trd offroad so I can't get 7 like the friend.. I do wheel sometimes but not everyday it's my daily driver.. I planned on getting the lift then control arms then kings/icon / fox later. Just didn't know if people had the rough country and how they felt about it
Old 08-17-2014, 09:04 AM   #4173

Quote:
No I understand that most go with 3 inch for trailing but I've 6 inch do it also... I have a 4x4 trd offroad so I can't get 7 like the friend.. I do wheel sometimes but not everyday it's my daily driver.. I planned on getting the lift then control arms then kings/icon / fox later. Just didn't know if people had the rough country and how they felt about it

I've got rough country shocks on my international scout and they blow lol but I think most save up and get fabtech or procomp
Old 08-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #4174

Quote:
I've got rough country shocks on my international scout and they blow lol but I think most save up and get fabtech or procomp
Shocks suck good to know
Old 08-17-2014, 09:13 AM   #4175

Quote:
Shocks suck good to know

Get some 5100s for the front and set them at 0 and you'll still get 6 inches of lift and it'll ride better or get fox 2.0s there not that expensive. I have them and I think I spent 450 a piece. For the rear i think you can get the ext length 5100s. There's a user who used a 6inch lift for wheeling and it was pretty damn sick but he ditched it for 3 inch lift last week actually lol.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #4176

Quote:
Get some 5100s for the front and set them at 0 and you'll still get 6 inches of lift and it'll ride better or get fox 2.0s there not that expensive. I have them and I think I spent 450 a piece. For the rear i think you can get the ext length 5100s. There's a user who used a 6inch lift for wheeling and it was pretty damn sick but he ditched it for 3 inch lift last week actually lol.
Yeah I know one guys with procomp 6 inch total chaos contol arms and kings all around .. He wheels a lot more than me tho so I didn't know if I was going to go with procomp but the rough country
Old 08-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #4178

Quote:
Yeah I know one guys with procomp 6 inch total chaos contol arms and kings all around .. He wheels a lot more than me tho so I didn't know if I was going to go with procomp but the rough country
Aaron arf right? Red truck and all black projectors?

Quote:
5100s

Oh I've got stock suspension I need to get rid of lol but 5100s are a great choice. I'm using the ext travel ones on my mid travel set up
Old 08-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #4179

Quote:
Aaron arf right? Red truck and all black projectors?

Oh I've got stock suspension I need to get rid of lol but 5100s are a great choice. I'm using the ext travel ones on my mid travel set up
No his truck is white don't know the red one
Old 08-17-2014, 10:32 AM   #4180

Quote:
No his truck is white don't know the red one

He went from this:

To this

Products Discussed in this Thread