Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Garage door opener help???

Old 04-10-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
Razorback Fan
off road yota is on a distinguished road

off road yota's Tacoma Gallery
Garage door opener help???

So my old craftsman garage door opener finally crapped out on me early this week. I go today and buy a new 1/2 hp opener. Put it all together and push the opener button and I see it try to close rather than open. If I didn't know better I would swear it is going backwards. I am at my wits end with it and got to wondering if there might be anyone on TW that knows alot about these openers. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
Chain or screw drive?
If it's a chain drive, disengage the door from the opener & hit the button again. The Stanleys have a pull cord on the chain that does this. See what direction it goes. you do have to "calibrate" them.
Screw-drive.................dunno.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
WNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedWNYTACOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
WNYTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Disengage from the (chain or screw) shaft and hit the button, letting it go to the opposite end, then re-engage.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #4
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
Mount it upside down.