1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wife accused of setting husband on fire for alleged sex abuse

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by T-Rex266, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Aug 7, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    Interesting opinions here with the people who think she's crazy. Out of curiosity what situation would occur for you to act similarly to this woman in regards to actions being taken/possibly taken against your children? I find it hard to believe that a parent in the same situation wouldn't act equally irrational in the same situation. Not saying you'd light someone on fire, but that you'd act out in a comparably irrational and primal level

2. Aug 7, 2014 at 1:54 PM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    Can't picture anybody walking into their kid's bedroom and seeing a stranger inside and saying "listen, I'm not sure what you're doing or what you've already done, but I think I'll call the police and have them come by? I know they'll sort this out and we can both go on our way, I hope it isn't an inconvenience."

3. Aug 7, 2014 at 1:59 PM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    I can't say that, lots of parents in the world and I'm sure some of them would genuinely act differently than I would and think that I'm a lunatic because of it. But it's pretty easy to say "I'd do something different" when it isn't your reality and you're theorizing on the internet.

I don't have any children yet and I'm certainly not capable of lighting someone on fire, but who of us is? That is irrational response in purest form. If we aren't in that same boat there is no way to say what we are and are not capable of doing.

4. Aug 7, 2014 at 2:06 PM
    ziggynagy

ziggynagy All Glory To The Hypnotoad

Member:
    Stoughton, MA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Sport AC 4x4 V6 Auto Tow
    Westin step bars, led dome & map lights, tailgate hoseclamp, BluLogic, MetalMiller emblem, 35 tinted front windows, extra OEM d-rings, WeatherTech front/rear
    What are you talking about??? Here's what's being reported: Guy fell asleep, she doused him gasoline and set him on fire. Are you implying that she saw it all happen and rather than trying to stop it she waited for him to fall asleep? I think there is a difference between stopping a horrific crime that is happening in front of you in order to save a victim vs vigilantism.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  5. Aug 7, 2014 at 2:10 PM
    kenneth.morris07

kenneth.morris07 كافر‎

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenneth
    College Station, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner
    Relentless Fab plate bumper,aFe Cold air intake, 12" JL sub, RE tweeters and speakers, Kenwood Head unit, Autodim/temp/compass mirror from Bob, baffled oil catch can
    Actually it doesn't say when she learned about what he did. She may have been told 5 minutes or 5 hours before doing it.

6. Aug 7, 2014 at 2:12 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 [OP] Elon Musk Moderator

Member:

I think you're missing my point...in the OP I advised if the allegations are founded to be true, then he deserved this at minimum. If your kids reported this behavior to you, and was specific about the details, (perhaps even had marks to prove it) would you be able to remain calm? I would (a) contact local jurisdiction where the crime occurred and then (b) contact said accused person and my actions will be judged upon the two stories.

7. Aug 7, 2014 at 2:14 PM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    I'm not implying anything because I wasn't there, don't know 100% of everything that really happened, and haven't been put in a situation where I am presented with completely irrational behavior becoming a rational action.

I'm also wondering, to those who think they're incapable of similar behavior as this "crazy" woman, that there is genuinely NO situation where you think you were capable of equal irrationality? A woman waiting to harm a man normally waits until the man is vulnerable since they're generally stronger and bigger than the woman. Lorena Bobbitt ring a bell? Not hard to grasp

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  8. Aug 7, 2014 at 2:17 PM
    05Aztacoma

05Aztacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4
  9. Aug 7, 2014 at 2:21 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:

Saw that one...father walked in and beat the shit out of the guy as deserved...he's lucky he lived.

10. Aug 7, 2014 at 2:21 PM
    Rupp1

Rupp1 "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB OR Auto Silver Sky 4x4 / 2017 4Runner Premium

I see what you did there...

11. Aug 7, 2014 at 2:22 PM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    :thumbsup:

12. Aug 7, 2014 at 2:24 PM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    Posted that link on page 1. Kid deserved what he got, justice from the dad of the child he'd been raping repeatedly AND to pay for it in prison. That IS justice and a parent acting like a parent. Not beating him to death shows restraint, IMO. Not sure in his situation I would stop until I physically couldn't move any longer.

13. Aug 7, 2014 at 2:27 PM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    Sean aren't you LEO?

14. Aug 7, 2014 at 2:31 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:

No...civy volunteer

15. Aug 7, 2014 at 2:32 PM
    T4RFTMFW

Member:
    gotcha :thumbsup:

16. Aug 7, 2014 at 2:47 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    This hits home a bit for me. I will explain the situation as best I can recall, just to show that sometimes the truth is not always evident.

When I was married to my first wife, we lived with her mom, dad, and sister. Her sister was 13. On a Friday evening when the sister was supposed to be home, she didn't show up. After some phone calls the mother found out she was at a friend's house. She was told to come home and when she refused, she said that she was scared of her dad because he had been molesting her. The mom flipped, but kept her wits about her and called the cops. The cops arrived, and my wife's dad was arrested. The investigation started and he had been quite adamant the he was totally innocent and never touched her.

About 2 months I think into the investigation my wife's sister recanted, stating that she lied about it happening because he had told her she could not spend the night at her friend's house that Friday night, and she was angry. My wife's sister even brought her friend in with her to be interviewed, and they said that the two of them cooked up the idea to get back at her dad (He was a bit of a mean SOB, I'll give that much) but she said that it was all a lie. A psychiatrist testified in court (For the prosecution) that the daughter was only recanting her story to protect her father, as she didn't want to see him go to prison. He had a crappy public defender, and the end result was 20 years. He was beaten several times over the next few years. To this day he proclaims his innocence, as well as my first wife's sister has written the judge several letters stating that she had lied. He was denied an appeal.

So this goes to show you that SOME kids do lie about this kind of thing. These days kids are taught that they hold the power. Mom spanked you? Well we need to have her investigated for child abuse. Dad spanked you with his bare hand? Well he may be molesting you. You all know that it takes NOTHING these days for a kid to get their parents thrown into jail. That being said, I am by no means defending the guy. If he DID do the deed, then he should be punished. I admit that I would have a difficult time controlling my own actions if one of my daughters told me that someone molested them.

17. Aug 7, 2014 at 3:04 PM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd

that woman who accused the duke team was nuts

18. Aug 7, 2014 at 4:12 PM
    Possum Fat

Possum Fat You gonna eat your cornbread?

Member:
    Southeast OK
    Vehicle:
    Caucasion 2010 DC LB 4WD; Magnetic Grey 2015 DCLB TRD Sport
    No. But that's how rumors start.

19. Aug 7, 2014 at 4:42 PM
    G.T.

G.T. Official TW Burrito Inspector

Member:
    First Name:
    G.T.
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    2011 Pyrite Mica 4WD DCLB TRDSport w/ FlipPac
    Some stick on chrome from pep boys
    Sean, I have a four year old son and even when he isn't riding with me when I get out of the truck I look at his car seat. Like you I find it incredible when people explain how they "forgot" that their child was in their seat. Makes me sad to see people provide those excuses with a straight face.

20. Aug 7, 2014 at 4:57 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:

I watched this go down live....mother left her 4 yr old son in a running vehicle (keys in ignition) while she went into the fuel station for coffee....well, guess who wanted the car and who went for an extremely reckless vehicle pursuit with speeds of excess of 100MPH...

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/police-track-driver-who-took-suv-child-inside

Products Discussed in

To Top