Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

NASCAR Driver Tony Stewart Involved In Fatal Accident

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 01:25 PM   #321
TexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasPreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TexasPreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
If he did or didn't the stupid ass kid shouldn't of walked on a race track. They guy who died was 100% in the wrong. Tony Stewart shouldn't be wasting his time with this.

That about sums it all up, don't get the fuck out of your car and run in the middle of a track

Old 09-16-2014, 01:28 PM   #322
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw9d View Post
If he did or didn't the stupid ass kid shouldn't of walked on a race track. They guy who died was 100% in the wrong. Tony Stewart shouldn't be wasting his time with this.

A hot headed 20 year old who thought he was invincible and learned the hard way he wasn't. It's sad but to spend the time and energy on a grand jury seems a bit ridiculous.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:37 PM   #323
Ohio Member
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
i think he hit him on purpose

Old 09-16-2014, 01:37 PM   #324
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
i'm curious as to what they found that made him send it to the grand jury.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:51 PM   #325
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
i'm curious as to what they found that made him send it to the grand jury.
I doubt they found anything, this is about covering the ass of the police and DA. The grand jury is made up of every day people, it's harder for the media to accuse them of taking bribes or looking the other way for NASCAR. The elected officials have votes and campaign donations to worry about.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:22 PM   #327
CzechMate
SilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud of

Name: George
SilverJack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester243 View Post
No criminal charges for Tony Stewart

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...eath/15712979/
Up next, the civil suit?

Old 09-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #328
Just passin' through..
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
If permitted by state law. May not be.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:31 PM   #329
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
[The Ontario County District Attorney's office took the evidence in Stewart's case to a grand jury, which found there was no basis for criminal charges, D.A. Michael Tantillo announced Wednesday.
Tantillo said toxicology reports revealed that Ward was under the influence of marijuana at a high enough level to impair judgment.]

Hmmmm. Is this new? I quit following the story.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:33 PM   #330
Just passin' through..
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wow what the fuck.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #331
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I doubt anything further will come of this in terms of civil suits and whatnot.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #332
Just passin' through..

Kid deserved it anyway. If he was racing while high he could've just as easily killed someone else or killed himself.

RIP Asshole

Old 09-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #333
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeRunner View Post
Kid deserved it anyway. If he was racing while high he could've just as easily killed someone else or killed himself.

RIP Asshole

Would'nt sat he deserved it , but the outcome should be no surprise to anyone..

Old 09-24-2014, 01:42 PM   #334
She's got the jimmy legs

It's an unfortunate event that could have been avoided. I wonder if anyone knew he was lighting up before the race? I could see where they might be held liable.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:46 PM   #335
Just passin' through..

Doug, how so? Any impaired driver is at 50/50 risk if personal injury, death, or injuring or killing someone else.
He compounded his odds of accident further still just by being on a raceway with many other vehicles in close proximity and driving at high speeds.

Is that not the definition of "if you play with fire, you're going to get burned?" I'm not saying the kid was the devil and deserved to die, sure he was a great person in life. But if you make the choices he made that night in that environment and you pay the price for it, I would say he got exactly what he deserved. Darwin doesn't reward being a complete idiot.

If Stewart ran him down and tested to be under the influence of drugs/alcohol he'd be in prison.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #336
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Doug, how so? Any impaired driver is at 50/50 risk if personal injury, death, or injuring or killing someone else.
He compounded his odds of accident further still just by being on a raceway with many other vehicles in close proximity and driving at high speeds.

Is that not the definition of "if you play with fire, you're going to get burned?" I'm not saying the kid was the devil and deserved to die, sure he was a great person in life. But if you make the choices he made that night in that environment and you pay the price for it, I would say he got exactly what he deserved. Darwin doesn't reward being a complete idiot.

If Stewart ran him down and tested to be under the influence of drugs/alcohol he'd be in prison.
Only referring to you're "deserved it". I don't think he "deserved it" is all personally he was dumb as fuck getting out of car in the first place so like I said the outcome is no surprise..

Old 09-24-2014, 02:07 PM   #337
Just passin' through..

Gotcha. You're one of the more rational old men I've ever seen so I wondered if I was missing something you weren't. We agree here.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:31 PM   #338
CzechMate
SilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud ofSilverJack has much to be proud of

Name: George
SilverJack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotacrawler View Post
[The Ontario County District Attorney's office took the evidence in Stewart's case to a grand jury, which found there was no basis for criminal charges, D.A. Michael Tantillo announced Wednesday.
Tantillo said toxicology reports revealed that Ward was under the influence of marijuana at a high enough level to impair judgment.]

Hmmmm. Is this new? I quit following the story.
Wow! Didn't see that in any of the news stories until now. Talk about the wrong place, wrong time, and wrong drug. If this is correct, Ward was totally irresponsible with his life and the lives others.
I wonder if the grand jury was held to see if there were also any charges that Ward may have faced. I know charging a dead man is pointless, but mitigating circumstances are always considered. "At fault" is often a matter of percentages than an actual clear cut decision.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #339
cRaZy oLdmAn

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Gotcha. You're one of the more rational old men I've ever seen so I wondered if I was missing something you weren't. We agree here.

once in awhile I'm hitting on all 8cyl...

Old 09-24-2014, 03:25 PM   #340
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
My 2˘.... If he smoked pot semi regularly or regularly then honestly I don't think that had anything to do with what happened. How can they say for sure he was impaired at the time, he could have been at a Bob Marley festival the weekend before and smoked way too much, that stuff stays in ur system for 30 days or more... Never heard of a test to tell u how high or how impaired from weed someone is. If it was like first time or first in s long time I could see him being a lil impaired. Sad that this is going to define what happened in some people's eyes. Dumb move getting out sober of high. He payed the consequences!

Closed Thread