Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

NASCAR Driver Tony Stewart Involved In Fatal Accident

Old 08-11-2014, 12:03 AM   #42
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Such finesse of the golden crack obstacle.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:19 AM   #44
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
NASCAR is the WWE of motorsport with drivers coming out of wrecked cars to confront other drivers still in the race or throw their helmet at the passing cars as they go by under caution , that and the drivers confronting each other in the pits always being held back by their respective crews prior to the inevitable slap fight all the while being followed by the cameras and commentated on by the commentators

If NASCAR and the other series wanted to curb this behaviour they should institute stiff penalties for it

No way do I think Smoke intentionally hit Kevin Ward and the incident is a tragic accident but in my view an inevitable one due to the behaviour being tolerated by the top flight series
Stewart himself called out nascar a few years ago saying that nascar was becoming the wwe/wwf of the racing world. I think they fined him maybe not but they didn't like his comments.
Old 08-11-2014, 04:22 AM   #45
Have a coke and a smile and shut the f#%k up!
hogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shedhogeyphenogey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
hogeyphenogey's Tacoma Gallery
If you watch the vid, the driver in front of Stewart has to dive down to avoid the guy. Ever drive behind someone at a higher rate of speed and they all of a sudden swerve to avoid a pothole? You don't get to see it and more often than not will probably hit it. I'm wondering if that driver's car somewhat blocked Tony's vision of the idiot coming down the track toward him. He was probably focused on that car in front of him and not on looking for some guy walking down the track. I say benefit of the doubt unless evidence proves otherwise.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:39 AM   #46
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Very sad. Stewart is my favorite driver. I have always been a fan of his passion for all types of racing. However because of the race he missed yesterday, this could possibly be the second season in a row that he's cost himself a chance at a championship because of his Sprint racing hobby.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:01 AM   #48
se7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

se7enine's Tacoma Gallery
Dirt track w/ low traction, dirt on face shield , they say Tony rev'd his engine but it could have been a down shift to slow down. It's a tragedy either way. Sometimes bad things have to happen in order to get things changed.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:24 AM   #49
09dcsb will become famous soon enough09dcsb will become famous soon enough

Name: Mike
09dcsb's Tacoma Gallery
And once again mainstream media with their infinite knowledge of everything in the universe has the whole story frigged up.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:37 AM   #50
MARANATHA !!!
TheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrayRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TheGrayRider's Tacoma Gallery
Those sprint cars can flame up fast after a crash, so I can't blame Ward for climbing out of the car. However, walking down the track to yell at another driver - as if Stewart could hear him at all - is what ultimately caused this incident. A driver with a black helmet wearing a black fire suit on a dimly lit part of the track... There are no spotters or radio communication.

Now I have heard Stewart say that he would wreck his own grandmother or someone else's grandmother to win a race ... still doesn't make this Stewart's fault.

Looked to me like Ward was trying to pass on the outside when he and Stewart's car got together... this was also not a good idea and that contact could have damaged Stewart's car and reduced what little visibility Stewart had before clipping Ward with the right rear tire

The investigation and speculation continues ...
Old 08-11-2014, 09:18 AM   #51
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlander View Post
I suggest car AND driver suspension for 2 races. This will hurt not only the driver, but also the team. Peer pressure and $$$ will take care of this problem.
What driver do you expect to suspend for 2 races? Tony, who has not been accused of doing anything wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isu2014 View Post
Couldn't Stewart get vehicular manslaughter or something similar for that? Just because it's on a race track doesn't mean you are above the law when it looks like he almost intended to get the car as close to the guy as possible by fish tailing the rear.
I can't say for sure in this situation, but I do know that when I was racing dirt tracks, we had to sign a legal waiver, stating that the track, it's employees, no other car teams, owners, or drivers we liable for injury or damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth.morris07 View Post
It's hard to know what was intentional and what was not. Watching multiple videos it sounds like the engine revs up right beforehand. Could it be another car's engine? Absolutely. Who knows? I find it hard to believe that he didn't see Ward with plenty of time. One thing is for certain, Tony took the highest line of every car after the wreck. That's blatantly irresponsible regardless of whether someone is in or outside their car. It is hard to tell the exact moment when, but his wheels turn right toward Ward. Was that a result of hitting him? Possibly. Could Tony have been trying to scare Ward or something like that? Maybe. The only person who knows the intent and reasoning is Tony Stewart. Stewart had no business on a line that high and Ward had no business running down to the middle of the track like that. Regardless of your bias, BOTH drivers had a hand in this.
How do you figure taking a higher lane is irresponsible? As you go around a track the wreck could be high, or low. You would want to go high to avoid a low accident blocking the track. Armchair quarterback all you want, NONE of us know what Tony saw.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #52
كافر‎
kenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkenneth.morris07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Kenneth
kenneth.morris07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post

How do you figure taking a higher lane is irresponsible? As you go around a track the wreck could be high, or low. You would want to go high to avoid a low accident blocking the track. Armchair quarterback all you want, NONE of us know what Tony saw.
Is that a serious question?

1. Tony is the one who put him up there so he already knew where Ward's car was.

2. He took the highest line of every single car.

As you state, you should go opposite of where the accident is. Tony did NOT do that. Only Tony knows what his intentions were, but I don't know why he would drive that high when he just put a driver up there, especially when everyone else goes low. I'm not condemning him and saying he tried to kill the guy, but he shouldn't have been that high. Just as Ward shouldn't have been down there. They both played a part in this tradgedy.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #53
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
What driver do you expect to suspend for 2 races? Tony, who has not been accused of doing anything wrong?
He was saying if a driver leaves their car then suspend the driver and the car for 2 races
Old 08-11-2014, 12:29 PM   #56
se7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

se7enine's Tacoma Gallery
I grew up watching sprint cars and have witnessed many wrecks that were a lot more serious but the drivers were wiser and kept their cool, never seen anyone storm the track while a race was in progress. Even when my brother and I were in the pits after the race I didn't see any fights. I think Ward's temper just got the best of him. Should have let it go and he would have lived to race another day.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:33 PM   #57
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
NASCAR is the WWE of motorsport with drivers coming out of wrecked cars to confront other drivers still in the race or throw their helmet at the passing cars as they go by under caution , that and the drivers confronting each other in the pits always being held back by their respective crews prior to the inevitable slap fight all the while being followed by the cameras and commentated on by the commentators

If NASCAR and the other series wanted to curb this behaviour they should institute stiff penalties for it

No way do I think Smoke intentionally hit Kevin Ward and the incident is a tragic accident but in my view an inevitable one due to the behaviour being tolerated by the top flight series
I know you hate America, Americans, and Nascar, but this shits getting old. Just because one of the guys is a driver for the series you attack Nascar and blame Americans for his death because we won't institute penalties because we want to see blood

Your subtle attacks on us is getting very fucking old.

Get a life and stop being such a douche all the time towards our country our sports and our citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 tacoma owner View Post
But the thing is that not everyone has good common sense
Common sense isn't so common these days.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:38 PM   #58
gray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to beholdgray223 is a splendid one to behold

gray223's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like he revved the engine after the guy was practically all ready hit and the tire swung away from the guy not towards him. It almost looked like he tried to turn right and hit the gas to avoid hitting the man with his rear tire after he saw him get so close.

It probably happened so fast.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #59
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Just a bad situation all the way around
Old 08-11-2014, 12:46 PM   #60
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
The 45 car nearly nailed him too. 45 was high on the track then went low. Tony was still high and whamo.
Thats what I saw too Gabe, the 45 car, a second or 2 later theres Stewart & right before Tony was there that kid took a couple steps towards the direction he was traveling, peopkle gotta remember its a dirt track & its a sprint car, lots of drifting/sliding & steering with the gas pedal, personally I don't really like Stewart, never have & he IS a bit of a cry baby , none of this matters tho'... It's ridicules to think he intended to hit Kevin....

Also from what I gather most all agree that the contact that caused Kevin to crash was incidental , not intentional

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogeyphenogey View Post
If you watch the vid, the driver in front of Stewart has to dive down to avoid the guy. Ever drive behind someone at a higher rate of speed and they all of a sudden swerve to avoid a pothole? You don't get to see it and more often than not will probably hit it. I'm wondering if that driver's car somewhat blocked Tony's vision of the idiot coming down the track toward him. He was probably focused on that car in front of him and not on looking for some guy walking down the track. I say benefit of the doubt unless evidence proves otherwise.

Theres alot of truth in this statement...