1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NASCAR Driver Tony Stewart Involved In Fatal Accident

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by STOCKTRD, Aug 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 11, 2014 at 12:58 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

Wow Boyd , you're really losing your shit

Maybe re-read what I posted , because I certainly didn't blame Americans for the crash , and I fail to see where I said Americans wanted to see blood , I said this type of incident was inevitable because interaction between drivers on the track from wrecked vehicles and cars under caution is tolerated under the current system in NASCAR and that it being the top flight series sets an example that the other series follow

In the mean time maybe lay off the tomatoes

Even Tony Stewart agreed with the point I was making apparently

Exhibit A

2. Aug 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM
    metrick1215

metrick1215 Pirate Medic

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Habersham GA..
    Vehicle:
    Black 2008 4x4 4door
    I love most of the ignorant people on here... do you even watch racing!! i mean come on.. Im not a Tony fan but lets put this in perspective.. You are on a Dirt track, with slickish tires, in the dark, going lets say 50MPH, with limited visibility in a car like this in a pack, and the guy you are about to hit is in an all black suit...... if you get out of your car and walk down to the middle of the track you have a strong possibility of getting hit... I have been to dirt track races, and been in all types of Dirt track cars (yes there are different classes and styles) If you take the risk of being on the track, then you take the risk of death... Dont get out of your damn car until the caution crews come out...

3. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:03 PM
    Watari06V6

Watari06V6 Faster than a speeding ticket

Member:
    Wounded Knee
    Vehicle:
    TRD-V6-SR5-06
    I have watched all the videos of this tragedy since yesterday late and by the 'looks' and 'sounds' of it, Tony did revved up his engine as he was approaching Ward. Instead of hooking it left to avoid Ward, he just plowed unto him to the right. He 'probably' was insulted by this 'rookie kid' fingering him in the distance- who knows?

Very sad- anyways ill leave it to the pros

4. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:05 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    Not going to argue with you anymore. Just tired of you poking at us and our sports. Shit gets old and after 6 years I'm done putting up with it.

5. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:08 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    Here is a good example. Jump forward to about 1:40 and see the cockpit view. Now picture that view at night, with bad track lighting, doing about 40 MPH, and put a guy in a black fire suit and helmet on the right side, where the wing drops down......AND on a corner with ANOTHER car about 4 car lengths or so ahead of you. Now tell me that Tony could have easily seem him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhuau1B2iyE

6. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:09 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi

Good because what you just said wasn't even close to what I posted

7. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:10 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Not to inflame or "Tony bashing"... The point to this vid is the contact being made between Stewart & Kenseth is incidental (at least in this clip) Now they may have been trading off cheapshots all day, but as Tony demonstrates what NOT to do in a heated moment, save all that shit for the pits after the race...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wwc8obMmv7o#t=20

8. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:19 PM
    WThomas1250

WThomas1250 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Read the article I posted earlier, it discusses how these drivers steer with their gas pedal, in a way.

http://www.motorsport.com/sprint/ne...iver-who-was-killed-but-know-the-whole-story/

Like everyone else has said, he was going 40-50 mph on a considerably dark track. If he even saw the kid, he wouldn't have had time to realize what was going on. I doubt he even would've seen those middle fingers in the dark.
    And I highly doubt that a highly successful and rich Nascar driver gives a shit about a 20 year old flipping him off.

9. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:26 PM
    bldegle2

bldegle2 OldPhart

Member:
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD AccessCab
    New Navigation DVD/CD/TV/AV/Bluetooth Stereo and seat mod spacers, 1" hubcentric spacers, seat heaters....
    it was under yellow, normally slipping by an accident means you go low and slow, there could be track personnel running or driving a recovery vehicle to the scene...he had the straightaway and half of the corner to see what is, and even though the wing is low in the sprint car, the driver is fairly low and has decent visibility to the front and to the side by at least 35* or more, come on, they gots to be able to see something out the front, especially at the speeds they travel....obviously, the kid on the track was taking a big chance....

Tony could have gone lower...I hate watching vids when someone get trashed...

One must question why he had the right rear tire changed so quickly...I also read there was a GoPro mounted in his sprint car yesterday, so if this is true, the video will reveal a lot if it hasn't been wiped clean...

let the investigators do their thing, once they get witness accounts and any other information then a decision can be made...it will be interesting no matter what happens...

10. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:27 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Holy fuck, Boyd, go look at all the other posts by all the non-Canadian who say basically the same or similar things...

Who is singling out whom?

11. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:32 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

Why are you now starting shit? I said I would drop it. I'm just going to keep calling out his anti American BS when I see it.

Coming from a Canadian who busts on the US and Nascar all the time it is totally different when said. I can read into it however I like and take from it whatever I want.

I choose to think he states it like a snide a-hole and the people who per'd me agree. You can read it however you like, but please don't compare it to any American members statements.

12. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:32 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    See, I would consider that assault with a deadly weapon. No different than throwing something at a car driving in your neighborhood. Could have easily bounced back and hit someone else as well. I don't know much about NASCAR, but if they don't have a rule for that stuff, they need to.

13. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:36 PM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    We can all speculate. Perhaps he wanted the tire changed out because he just hit someone, and maybe the tire may be needed by investigators? Why do people always think the worst? lol. Now I may be totally wrong, but I could also be completely right.

14. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:38 PM
    scocar

scocar hypotenoper

Member:
    Starting shit, LOL. OK, Cartman. Continue to "read into it however I like and take from it whatever I want."

I'll leave the Maury Povich show to you.

15. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:40 PM
    bldegle2

bldegle2 OldPhart

Member:
    San Francisco, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prerunner TRD AccessCab
    New Navigation DVD/CD/TV/AV/Bluetooth Stereo and seat mod spacers, 1" hubcentric spacers, seat heaters....
    Bill, so could I, let them do the investigation, then we can start the bashing all over again...

16. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:42 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

Is OZ the daddy?

17. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:44 PM
    WThomas1250

Member:
    I vote completely right :D

18. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:44 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now

You are 100% right Lauren, take any one of tantrums thrown by these guys & put it in the real world & someone is most likely going to jail....

19. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:45 PM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, that is what I am waiting on, to see what the investigation shows. I certainly hope that when they complete it, that they disclose at least enough information that the general public can read it and say, "Ok, I can accept that this is what happened." Sometimes investigations get internalized and the next thing you know we are all back at speculating.:cool:

20. Aug 11, 2014 at 1:51 PM
    WThomas1250

Member:
    x2. He did something stupid and died in the process. Part of the thing I love about Nascar is the emotion involved. If a guy spins you out and costs you the championship, you have the right to be pissed off about it. I like seeing occasional fights after a race, middle fingers exchanged every now & then.

Boxing is dangerous. Hockey players fight, too. There's a certain risk involved in racing that people just have to accept.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top