Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

NASCAR Driver Tony Stewart Involved In Fatal Accident

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 01:20 AM   #1
STOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to allSTOCKTRD is a name known to all
STOCKTRD's Tacoma Gallery
NASCAR Driver Tony Stewart Involved In Fatal Accident

Tony Stewart was involved in an on track incident at a dirt rack race. He apparently struck anther driver who was out of his car and on the track. The driver, Kevin Ward Jr., was run over by Stewart and was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Reddit Mega Thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/NASCAR/comme...rint/?sort=new

Twitter account with sequence of events of what happened: https://twitter.com/PrescottRossi

Update: Confirmed by ESPN that Kevin Ward Jr. was killed in the incident.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #2
ToolFan66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToolFan66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToolFan66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToolFan66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToolFan66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToolFan66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToolFan66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToolFan66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToolFan66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToolFan66 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToolFan66 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ToolFan66's Tacoma Gallery
Very sad for everyone involved, Just came on the news, and said Tony will not race today, he made the right decision...

Old 08-10-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
Too many drivers, Tony included, have got out of their cars in anger on the track. That needs to stop in all racing venues. Sad story.

Old 08-10-2014, 08:47 AM   #4
NateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shedNateMob is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Aircraft Metals Tech
Name: Nathan
NateMob's Tacoma Gallery
Tony is a hot headed cry baby, i hope he never races again. I would be surprised if this was another driver, but not Tony Stewart.

Like when Earnhardt died, changes will no doubt be made to make the sport safer. Stay in your damn car!

Old 08-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #5
Chicane is a name known to allChicane is a name known to allChicane is a name known to allChicane is a name known to allChicane is a name known to allChicane is a name known to all

Name: Steve
Chicane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateMob View Post
Tony is a hot headed cry baby, i hope he never races again. I would be surprised if this was another driver, but not Tony Stewart.

Like when Earnhardt died, changes will no doubt be made to make the sport safer. Stay in your damn car!
Ignorant comments by you and I'm guessing you never raced one day in your life. You hope Tony Stewart never races again, and I hope you never post stupid ignorant comments on here again when you don't know any of the facts.

Old 08-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #6
OldPhart
bldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbldegle2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bldegle2's Tacoma Gallery
If you look at the video of the terrible incident (I looked at it many times, several different vids before some were pulled down), and there are many still up on YouTube, it appears that Tony's race vehicle took a slight kick to the right, whether it was a move to scare or intimidate doesn't matter, he did have room to slow and move to the left and avoid, as did the competitor in front of him did...but he didn't...

This time I think he may have crossed the line..it doesn't look good...

Prayers to the Ward family...just a horrible and avoidable tragedy.....

Old 08-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #7
09dcsb has a brilliant future09dcsb has a brilliant future09dcsb has a brilliant future09dcsb has a brilliant future09dcsb has a brilliant future09dcsb has a brilliant future09dcsb has a brilliant future09dcsb has a brilliant future09dcsb has a brilliant future09dcsb has a brilliant future09dcsb has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
09dcsb's Tacoma Gallery
I thought in the video it looked like the impact was what kicked his car to the right. the video I saw wasn't focused on the impact, I saw the before and the after. didn't see how kevin ward approached stewart. its a terrible tragedy but I don't see how tony can be 100% at fault. yes he's been known to climb out of his car, but nothing good can come out of getting out of your car mad and being in the middle of the track. thoughts and prayers to the ward family and tony stewart.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #8
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateMob View Post

How do you figure that Tony was hotheaded here? There was no indication whatsoever, and we can only speculate at this. If you don't like Tony, then fine, but I have seen Kyle Busch do a HECK of a lot of stupid, hot headed things more than Tony ever did. More dangerous as well. I would expect KYLE to do something worse considering how he drives! Either way, until the investigation is over we should all refrain from making rash comments or decisions. That is what causes MORE stupid things to get done or said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldegle2 View Post
If you look at the video of the terrible incident (I looked at it many times, several different vids before some were pulled down), and there are many still up on YouTube, it appears that Tony's race vehicle took a slight kick to the right, whether it was a move to scare or intimidate doesn't matter, he did have room to slow and move to the left and avoid, as did the competitor in front of him did...but he didn't...

This time I think he may have crossed the line..it doesn't look good...

Prayers to the Ward family...just a horrible and avoidable tragedy.....
I've watched the videos a couple of times as well. It is hard to tell for sure because remember, this is on a DIRT track, where traction is terrible anyway. Perhaps Tony saw him right after the car in front of him passed Kevin. No way to see real well. Dark track, Kevin was in an all black firesuit..... I am thinking perhaps Tony saw him and jerked the wheel away at the last second, which could account for the back end kicking over.

We can all speculate until after the investigation.

Old 08-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #9
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
I don't watch racing so I am an outside source. Based on just the video only 1 person here can be blamed for their actions. I'll make it real simple, only one thing in the video didn't belong in the middle of a race track!

If there isn't already there should be serious penalties for exiting your vehicle and trying to confront drivers while they are driving. Other than this sensless death.
The initial cause of the accident looked to be innocent.

Based on what is avaliable on youtube, you can guess and only guess what the driver of the car saw and was doing. I'd assume he didn't see the person in the track until after the car in front of him juked to the left, as he did very shortly after. Seems to me the guy on the track could have just as easily been hit by the first car that dodged him. If that were the case who then would be blamed? Responsibility for your actions falls in your hands because you cannot know what or how others will respond. If he would have stayed with his car as I would think would be some type of rule (remain with your car until you can safely exite the track.)

Old 08-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #10
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
NASCAR is the WWE of motorsport with drivers coming out of wrecked cars to confront other drivers still in the race or throw their helmet at the passing cars as they go by under caution , that and the drivers confronting each other in the pits always being held back by their respective crews prior to the inevitable slap fight all the while being followed by the cameras and commentated on by the commentators

If NASCAR and the other series wanted to curb this behaviour they should institute stiff penalties for it

No way do I think Smoke intentionally hit Kevin Ward and the incident is a tragic accident but in my view an inevitable one due to the behaviour being tolerated by the top flight series

Old 08-10-2014, 06:55 PM   #11
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I don't watch racing so I am an outside source. Based on just the video only 1 person here can be blamed for their actions. I'll make it real simple, only one thing in the video didn't belong in the middle of a race track!

If there isn't already there should be serious penalties for exiting your vehicle and trying to confront drivers while they are driving. Other than this sensless death.
The initial cause of the accident looked to be innocent.

Based on what is avaliable on youtube, you can guess and only guess

what the driver of the car saw and was doing. I'd assume he didn't see

the person in the track until after the car in front of him juked to the left, as he did very shortly after. Seems to me the guy on the track could have just as easily been hit by the first car that dodged him. If that were the case who then would be blamed? Responsibility for your actions falls in your hands because you cannot know what or how others will respond. If he would have stayed with his car as I would think would be some type of rule (remain with your car until you can safely exite the track.)
I look for them to start penalizing for walking on the track

Old 08-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #12
Slow as shit. Cute as Hell.
Steves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteves104x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
Steves104x4's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Why the fuck anyone would get out of a car on a highway or race track is beyond me.

He won't do that, again.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:02 PM   #14
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
It's the heat of the moment. Adding penalties and more rules will do nothing. You can't legislate common sense.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:05 PM   #16
rex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrex99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
rex99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex99 View Post
It's the heat of the moment. Adding penalties and more rules will do nothing. You can't legislate common sense.
And oh by the way, for anyone watching the race today, we almost saw a driver try to confront a passing driver while on foot. I forget the name of the kid (some rookie), but I imagine the safety worker right behind him talked some sense into him before he could do it.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:12 PM   #17
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Make the first examples very serious to prove you intentions then let it fall off to driver and car out for 3 or more races. By serious I mean driver taking 50% of remaining season off. Its very harsh but put that out there. Notify the drivers via writing that from this point on until "X" amount of drivers have suffered the 50% rule it will be lifted and replaced with driver and car out for 2 races 1st offense, and stiffen from there. I bet you don't get to the "X" amount of 50%ers.

This was a serious accident with lingering affects for everyone. To not step up now and set clear guidlines as to how a driver is to behave is to condone such behavior. Making a clear statement that this is an acceptable loss for taking such action that will inevitably sort itself out.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #18
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Couldn't Stewart get vehicular manslaughter or something similar for that? Just because it's on a race track doesn't mean you are above the law when it looks like he almost intended to get the car as close to the guy as possible by fish tailing the rear.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #19
HectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shedHectoRome is one of the sharper tools in the shed

HectoRome's Tacoma Gallery
Here's the vid, by watching it over and over again it kinda sounds like he throttled up, kicking his tire out to hit the guy. Decide for yourselves . . .

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-ste...ing-1618893708

Old 08-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #20
Wait for it...
StAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shedStAndrew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: SWO
Name: Chris
StAndrew's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves104x4 View Post

He won't do that, again.

Closed Thread