1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Credit Cards

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by gonzo6up, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Apr 15, 2009 at 7:45 AM
    gonzo6up

gonzo6up [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle Tn
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma SR5 4x4 sport
    tint/ vent visors/ seatbelt chime mod/ DTRL Mod
    I was reading a thread yesterday how some people are paying off their credit cards but keeping them for credit score purposes. I don't have any credit cards but i was wondering if they were used properly could i improve my credit score more rapidly with them? Let me know some of ya'lls thoughts on this.

2. Apr 15, 2009 at 7:51 AM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    Definitely. Not having enough of a credit history will hurt your credit score. I don't carry any debt on my credit card, but I use it every once in a while for big purchases, and then pay it off immediately. I get rewards from the card, and it demonstrates that I'm responsible with my credit, which does help your credit score.

3. Apr 15, 2009 at 8:01 AM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    Yes, unfortunately in order to build credit you have to prove that you are credit worthy, and that only happens if you buy something and pay it back. What I've heard is that you should get a credit card, buy stuff, wait a little and pay it off. Sounds stupid, but I guess that's how it works. I personally don't have a credit card, but I bought my truck years ago with a bank loan, and later bought a PC- also with a bank loan- and that built up my credit pretty decently. But I think I might get a credit card anyway because my Wife and I want to buy a house in 2-3 years and I suppose we'd better have good credit... hence prove we can pay back loans, etc etc.

4. Apr 15, 2009 at 8:05 AM
    gonzo6up

gonzo6up [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle Tn
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma SR5 4x4 sport
    tint/ vent visors/ seatbelt chime mod/ DTRL Mod
    i have had great credit up until the last few years when we had some major changes with bills and incomming pay but i was just looking for the fastest way to build it back up so that i don't have to borrow on a loan of 20% interest ect , ect. thanks for the input so far.

Products Discussed in

To Top