Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Well folks, finally got married and bought a house

Old 08-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #21
Rupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRupp1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Rupp1's Tacoma Gallery
It happens to the best of us....
Old 08-14-2014, 05:23 PM   #23
Meth Saved Me
1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed1993t100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samuel
1993t100's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gupster88 View Post
Tony is the oldest at 13. We call him oreo because he's black on the outside but white as can be on the inside. I swear this kid is country as can be lol.
LMAO

I laughed way too hard at that. Congrats!
Old 08-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #24
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats!

Crazy good deal on the house, too.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #25
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
This beer is for you bud! Way to step up to the plate! I can tell you are a good man! Congratz brotha
Old 08-14-2014, 05:46 PM   #26
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the wedding, and new family. Looks like you are already a great dad.

Also congrats on the house. Man I wish prices were that cheap around here.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:53 PM   #28
toofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoofish2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bruce
toofish2's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on the marriage and new family....

You do know that a man is not complete till he is married then he is finished....

LMFAO @ the Oreo nick name if we did that here in the DC area we would be in jail and labeled a racist...
Old 08-14-2014, 07:00 PM   #29
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone who has congratulated me! I figured the least I could do was share it with my TW family! I just put Cailee to bed and she said, "I'm going to have to start calling you daddy now". I said, "well whys that Cailee?!" She's like "Because you pretty much are our dad". It's moments like that that truly put into perspective the impact I'm having in their lives. I never had that impact growing up, so it's even greater to feel it now.

As for Tony and the Oreo nickname it's the truth. When I first met Wendy I had my typical stereotype of Tony, but man this kid blew me away in the opposite direction. I'm talking like full on hick accent. Where Browning shirts and hoodies with blaze orange and camo hunting hats. What's hilarious is watching him blast Jason Aldean and do his chores.

Both the boys are football studs. Tony just walked into a new school in a new county and won starting running back after 4 days of practice. Jordan is 4 years behind Tony yet is an inch taller and 3 pounds lighter. His dad was a LB in college. Jordan loves to just hit people even when he's not in the play. He plays DE and fullback right now. Starts both sides, again he walked into a whole new league on July 21. Love these kids to death, they're my kids. No one says any different.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:03 PM   #30
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful. Way to go dad.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:25 AM   #31
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeRunner View Post
Beautiful. Way to go dad.
x2

Thanks for sharing ... made me smile, and I'll even admit, tear up a little

As much as you realize ... the difference you're making in all their lives is even bigger. All the best to you and yours.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:00 AM   #32
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations. That's awesome.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:11 AM   #34
whonoez is a jewel in the roughwhonoez is a jewel in the roughwhonoez is a jewel in the roughwhonoez is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jay
whonoez's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on everything!
Old 08-15-2014, 08:36 AM   #35
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
As for Tony and the Oreo nickname it's the truth. When I first met Wendy I had my typical stereotype of Tony, but man this kid blew me away in the opposite direction. I'm talking like full on hick accent. Where Browning shirts and hoodies with blaze orange and camo hunting hats. What's hilarious is watching him blast Jason Aldean and do his chores.
Congratulations on your wedding.

Did you know the term "Oreo" is a derogatory term in the black community? They use it as an insult toward other blacks who act or talk white. He may think it's funny now but he may come to resent it later in life.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:39 AM   #36
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
Congratulations on your wedding.

Did you know the term "Oreo" is a derogatory term in the black community? They use it as an insult toward other blacks who act or talk white. He may think it's funny now but he may come to resent it later in life.
Tony doesn't resent it one bit. When I first met him, he was the one who referred to himself as an Oreo. Race is a non-issue in this family, and in the community.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #37
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Tony doesn't resent it one bit. When I first met him, he was the one who referred to himself as an Oreo. Race is a non-issue in this family, and in the community.
Just to be clear, I'm not implying that you or your family are racist. I'm just letting you know that it is derogatory. The black community would equate it with being labeled a "House N-word" or Uncle Tom.

The primary issue I would have with it is it's still race-based even if he doesn't mind it. It identifies him as being "different" based on his race (he's black but he acts "white"). If it were me, I would actually discourage him from using it for himself. Maybe explain to him that most black people would see it as an insult and then let him decide if he still wants to be called Oreo.

I don't mean to lecture so don't take it as that. I have family members who are black. They would be very upset if I called them Oreos.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:34 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
Just to be clear, I'm not implying that you or your family are racist. I'm just letting you know that it is derogatory. The black community would equate it with being labeled a "House N-word" or Uncle Tom.

The primary issue I would have with it is it's still race-based even if he doesn't mind it. It identifies him as being "different" based on his race (he's black but he acts "white"). If it were me, I would actually discourage him from using it for himself. Maybe explain to him that most black people would see it as an insult and then let him decide if he still wants to be called Oreo.

I don't mean to lecture so don't take it as that. I have family members who are black. They would be very upset if I called them Oreos.
I think you may be taking this a little out of context. Tony doesn't walk around just casually calling himself an Oreo. When I first met him, he joked to me that he may be mixed race, but he is 100% a country boy. He brought that up after I asked him what he liked to do. No one calls him oreo on a casual note, I just slid that in there as a joke in this thread. I don't need to explain to him anything, he is old enough and mature enough to come to his own conclusions. You are used to probably a large population of blacks and others races in CA. Over here in WV, there is very little of that. Nonetheless, Tony doesn't see himself as different from me or anyone else for that matter.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #39
2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2000GTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

2000GTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats
Old 08-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #40
AZDesertTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Pamela
AZDesertTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Way to go Brett! You sound like a wonderful man and an excellent example for your children. You have changed their lives forever and they have changed yours as well. Congratulations on the new house and the beautiful family to fill it!

And, oh yes, the Taco looks great in the driveway!