1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Our Position in the Universe

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by North Star, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Sep 5, 2014 at 9:33 AM
    North Star

North Star [OP] I keep planets in orbit

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
    N-fab side steps, Extang hard tonneau cover, Terra Grappelers
    Will do!

You guys feel free to add anything interesting you all come across as well. I wanted to create this thread to focus on all things associated with space and the various sub-categories. :cool:

2. Sep 5, 2014 at 10:58 AM
    North Star

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
    Here is another great video from the maker of the Mars video I posted on page one. It covers ancient civilizations understanding of what they were seeing in the ancient sky. Quite a intriguing study that shows how the planets were much closer together in the past, and how it affected us here on Earth and was depicted in cave art all over the world, from every known civilization.

It does explain what I was trying to theorize on the first page, but in a more prolific way. The Cosmic Thunderbolt! I bet seeing that ancient sky with all the planets much closer and prominent to the naked eye must have been awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7EAlTcZFwY

3. Sep 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM
    North Star

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
    Okay, I am officially a fan of this guy David Talbott. His presentations on the Electrified Universe are so thorough and eye opening. After watching the first two episodes of his Alien Sky series, I am now watching the third and will watch the fourth later. All the conclusions and questions he puts forth to mainstream planetary and comet science is enlightening. This is the stuff I love about science, finding new explanations to the reality we find ourselves in.

4. Sep 5, 2014 at 1:40 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Thank you North Star... Please keep sharing!

5. Sep 5, 2014 at 2:25 PM
    North Star

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
  6. Sep 5, 2014 at 2:27 PM
    North Star

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
    And episode 4, the Thunderbolts of the Gods. I have been catching bits and pieces of this as I am at work and multitasking. lol. I will need to rewatch shortly. This stuff just makes so much sense and kind of gives some relief or comfort to the doomsday theories about our Sun dying. In an electric universe, the Sun is merely an anode lighting up from the electricity abundant through the entire universe. This means that it will not burnout and destroy the solar system as the current theory suggests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AUA7XS0TvA&list=PLwOAYhBuU3UfvhvcT1lZA6KbSdh0K2EpH&index=4

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  7. Sep 8, 2014 at 12:08 PM
    North Star

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
    So, I finished up the Alien Sky series and it was very well done. It actually makes me connect a lot of dots from other various theories I've looked in to. It even makes some sense of the anomalies we get from Sumerian tablets depicting the planets in the solar system, and our question of how did they know those planets were there, if they had no powerful telescopes to see them like we can do in present day. According to the Electrical Universe theory, if the planets were much closer together a few thousand years ago, close enough to see with the naked eye, it makes sense that the Sumerians would depict the distant planets, and not need this information from an advanced alien connection.

It would also lead some potential answers of what the Indian Mahabharata described, as the gods fighting in the sky with weapons like fire that could destroy whole cities. The gods (planets) would be shooting electric arcs at each other and to the Earth due to the close proximity, causing massive destruction amongst each other. So while I was always interested in the Annunaki theory, it still requires suspension of belief up to a point. We need the physical evidence to prove it. With the Electric Universe theory, there is evidence, there is lab proven results, there is solid explanation for the phenomenon that we see throughout our solar system and the universe.

I hope this theory becomes more mainstream as time marches on. It would help us to get a better understanding of how the cosmos work and not have to wait for answers from astrophysicists that can't figure it out with nuclear science.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  8. Sep 9, 2014 at 8:04 AM
    North Star

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
    A preliminary map of different regions on Rosetta’s comet

[​IMG]
    Morphologically different regions are indicated in this preliminary map of Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko. In this image, the comet’s ‘body’ is in the foreground, and its ‘head’ is in the background. Image via ESA/Rosetta/MPS for OSIRIS Team MPS/UPD/LAM/IAA/SSO/INTA/UPM/DASP/IDA

ESA’s Rosetta spacecraft arrived at its target comet – Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko – on August 6, 2014. Since then, the craft has been moving in tandem with the comet as this small icy body approaches its perihelion, or closest point to the sun, in 2015. On November 11, ESA will drop a lander onto the comet’s surface, and the search for the best landing site has been narrowed to five candidates. In the meantime, various science results have been coming out of the spacecraft’s instruments, including this interesting preliminary map of distinct morphological regions on Rosetta’s comet.

As indicated by this map, the Rosetta spacecraft has revealed Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko as a unique, multifaceted world. We know this comet vastly better now than any previous comet in history. Each region on 67P’s surface – shown in different colors in the image above – is defined by special morphological characteristics. For example, the spacecraft has seen areas on the comet dominated by cliffs, depressions, craters, boulders or even parallel grooves. While some of these areas appear to be quiet, others seem to be shaped by the comet’s activity, which will increase as it nears the sun.

This weekend – September 13 and 14, 2014 – maps of 67P’s surface will offer valuable insights as Rosetta’s Lander Team and the Rosetta orbiter scientists gather in Toulouse to determine a final primary and backup landing site from the earlier preselection of five candidates.

OSIRIS, Rosetta’s scientific imaging system, captured the data that let scientists define the various regions on the comet’s surface. Holger Sierks of the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research in Germany is the OSIRIS camera’s Principal Investigator. He commented:
    Never before have we seen a cometary surface in such detail. It is a historic moment, we have an unprecedented resolution to map a comet. This first map is, of course, only the beginning of our work. At this point, nobody truly understands how the morphological variations we are currently witnessing came to be.
    In the coming months, the OSIRIS team will monitor the comet’s surface, looking for the inevitable changes that will come as both 67P and the Rosetta spacecraft travel closer to the sun.

[​IMG]
    Jagged cliffs and prominent boulders are visible in this image taken by Rosetta’s OSIRIS imaging system on September 5, 2014 from a distance of 62 kilometers from comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko. The left part of the image shows a side view of the comet’s ‘body,’ while the right is the back of its ‘head’. One pixel corresponds to 1.1 meters. Image via ESA/Rosetta/MPS for OSIRIS Team MPS/UPD/LAM/IAA/SSO/INTA/UPM/DASP/IDA

Bottom line: A preliminary map of morphologically different regions on the surface of Comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko – as revealed by the Rosetta spacecraft – shows the comet to be a unique, multifaceted world. We now know that comets can have cliffs, depressions, craters, boulders or even parallel grooves.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  9. Sep 9, 2014 at 8:12 AM
    North Star

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
    Very interesting reading this article after having viewed and now subscribing to the Electric Universe theory. I believe when they do land and begin drilling, the scientists on the mission will find that the body is not icy like the old comet model suggests, and will instead find a solid chunks of rock. The reason why there are cliffs, depressions, craters, and boulders are due to this being a chunks of planet that were blasted off during our early solar system with unstable orbits.

10. Sep 9, 2014 at 8:15 AM
    North Star

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
  11. Sep 9, 2014 at 8:23 AM
    presto

presto Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Topher
    san francisco
    Vehicle:
    2000 T4R 4x4
    Fully armored on 33’s
    will watch some of these when i have free time

12. Sep 9, 2014 at 8:51 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that

So I had not heard of the electric universe theory so I started reading a little about it. I also ran across this site where the author is attempting to debunk it. Do you agree with what he has written and if not what parts? I don't have enough info to even try to form an opinion on this but you seem to have a much better grasp on it. My head hurts a bit now :confused:

13. Sep 9, 2014 at 8:57 AM
    North Star

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
    lol, I did see this and plan on reviewing it today. Like most studies, there are those for and those against. Any debate is good IMO.

Okay, I read the girl's blog and comments section. She is referencing the 70's material study which has since changed due to better technology and more detailed studies because of the newer technology. I also think she is getting the wrong idea from it. From the above videos, I don't see the engineers and professors "throwing out physics" like she mentioned in her blog at all. What I saw, was possible answers to phenomena that so far cannot be explained with the current model. The article gave the impression that once theory intends to replace another, but IMO it is additional observation from another branch of science.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  14. Sep 12, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    North Star

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
    NASA’s Alice Instrument Sends First Data of 67p/ Churyumov-Gerasimenko

[​IMG]

NASA's Alice instrument package installed aboard the ESA Rosetta probe has sent its first scientific data. The ESA's Rosetta is currently orbiting a comet named 67P/ Churyumov-Gerasimenko.

Alice is among 11 instruments carried aboard Rosetta and is one of the three instrument packages that have been supplied by NASA. It is a small UV imaging spectrograph that looks for the thermal markers in the ultraviolet part of the spectrum so that it could know more about the comet's composition and history. Alice performs this task by looking particularly for the markers that are linked with various noble gases such as helium, neon, argon, and krypton.

According to NASA, Alice weighs less than 9 lbs and consumes only four watts of power. The agency also says that Alice can collect data 1,000 times efficiently and effectively as compared to similar instruments used in the past.

The images sent by Alice are very surprising, says NASA. Looking at the images, they say that the comet does not look much like a dirty snowball but more like a coal cellar and is immensely black and is darker than charcoal.

NASA said Alice has detected oxygen and hydrogen in the 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko but the prediction that was made by the scientist that the comet may have patches of barren ice is not found. They say this is because the comet is very far away from the warmth of the sun, therefore the ice could not turn into water vapors.

Alan Stern, Alice principal investigator at the Southwest Research Institute in Boulder, Colorado, said, "We're a bit surprised at just how unreflective the comet's surface is and how little evidence of exposed water-ice it shows". Rosetta was launched in 2004 to study comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko.

15. Sep 12, 2014 at 7:42 AM
    North Star

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
    Very interesting first data results from the comet 67p. As suspected by myself and probably some of you others in here that are thinking about the whole electric universe/plasma universe theory nowadays, the results are not too surprising. Of course the comet is not a ball of ice like the old comet science model suggests. The data found none and it's not going to magically find ice when the comet gets closer to the sun.

16. Sep 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
  17. Sep 12, 2014 at 12:29 PM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...

One consipiracy theory is that we sent the rosetta probe to scope out the alien life on it. supposedly there are alien bases on it.:tinfoilhat:

18. Sep 12, 2014 at 12:38 PM
    Watari06V6

Watari06V6 Faster than a speeding ticket

Member:
    Wounded Knee
    Vehicle:
    TRD-V6-SR5-06
    there's sure is life out there. and someone out there is probably asking the same question

and earth is like a grain of sand compared to Canis Majoris :(
    and Canis Majoris is just a grain of sand compared to.... ugh just boggles the mind

19. Sep 12, 2014 at 1:33 PM
    Zombie Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    Agreed.

I leave it up to Carl Sagan to explain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ex__M-OwSA

20. Sep 15, 2014 at 8:16 AM
    North Star

Member:
    Cali
    Vehicle:
    07' Double Cab 4x4
    Elon Musk Says SpaceX Will Build a City on Mars

SpaceX, Boeing and Sierra Nevada are locked in a race to win a US$3 billion contract from NASA for the first human commercial spaceflight to the International Space Station in 2017.

Elon Musk's SpaceX could be the one to beat with the successful launch of its Falcon 9 rocket a week ago. But many still wonder why founder Elon Musk hasn't yet made SpaceX go public.Musk said the reason why he hasn't taken SpaceX public is because of the company's long-term goal of building a city on Mars. Musk has long championed manned missions to Mars but this is the first time he hinted at a Martian colony.

This idea sounds like it was taken from a sci-fi film but Musk has been known to deliver when it comes to space exploration technology and revolutionizing tech industries. Musk seems to envision a future of space exploration involving Mars as a prime target. He believes humans will visit and live on the Red Planet in 10 years' time, which isn't that far into the future.

In an interview with TV celebrity Steven Colbert, Musk explained that a human colonization of Mars is possible. He also believes human beings can propagate on other planets and become a multi-planet species. Musk also elaborated on a plan that involves taking a large number of people on cargo missions to Mars after the planet is terraformed into an earthlike habitat livable for humans.

In an interview last year, Musk said his terraforming idea will see greenhouse gases warm up the Martian atmosphere. As the atmosphere gets denser, water vapor will liquefy, creating oceans on the dusty planet. Musk may be seeing Martian colonies in the near future but SpaceX will have to wait until NASA announces the winner of the contract later this month.

Products Discussed in

To Top