1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Random acts of kindness

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by guitarjamman, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Sep 9, 2014 at 6:37 AM
    guitarjamman

guitarjamman [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Northeast
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram 2500
    I was in line at dunkin donuts this morning and the lady ahead of me was eyeing me the whole time through her rear view mirrors. I was kind of flattered, but dismissed it and proceeded to order my regular coffee. When I get up to the window to pay, the cashier said it was all taken care of and the lady ahead of me covered it. Now I know this kind of stuff happens all the time, but when it happened to me, it really took me by surprise (never had happened before). I in turn payed for the person behind me and left feeling a hell of a lot better about myself than I have in a while.

Which got me thinking, has anyone done something as simple as this, or had it happen before? I may do it more often as I go there every morning; maybe try and secure my seat in heaven - I have a lot of making up to do between now and then.

2. Sep 9, 2014 at 6:40 AM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    I did it in a whataburger line one time, lady behind me getting breakfast, had at least 2 kids in an old barely running chevy truck. I hope I made her day.

3. Sep 9, 2014 at 6:45 AM
    teneighty

teneighty I'd rather be skiing...

Member:
    Right behind you. NY
    Vehicle:
    18’ F150 SCREW LB 3.5 EcoBoost
    Bilstein 5100’s (x4), 275/65/20 Cooper XLT AT3’s
    There was a kid in mcdonalds that barely had enough money for a small fry so I told him to order what he wanted and I'd get it.
    I've had people pay for me at tolls before and I in turn paid for the person behind me.

Pay it forward!!

We should try and keep this thread going and whenever you do something nice or someone else to you, post it up!

4. Sep 9, 2014 at 7:59 AM
    T Fades

T Fades Well-Known Member

Member:
    Simi Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner V6 2wd DCLB
    Satoshi, debadged, rear view mirror bracket, tail gate hose clamps, trimmed mud flaps.
    Was going to the bank one morning, and seen this lady with a flat tire on the side of the road. I wasn't in any hurry that day and she looked paniced and said she was late for something (and was wearing nice clothes). So, I changed the tire for her.

5. Sep 10, 2014 at 12:21 AM
    t.hornstra

t.hornstra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    White with 4 wheels
    Little this. Little that 4x4 Swap’d PreRunner
    KCCO. It's a RAK and there is a whole community about it. Check out The Chive!

6. Sep 10, 2014 at 12:35 AM
    Vang Toua Moua

Vang Toua Moua Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Vang Bang
    Visalia, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Silver Tacoma 2.7, Access cab, 5 lug
    Custom front bumper and rock sliders, glasspack muffler, shorten exhuast, abs killswitch, roof light bar, rear e locker.
    I always pull over when I see someone stopped and have vehicle issues or in a wreck. Help them pull out of traffic, tow home, or drive them home. I always pull over to pick up large objects or boxes in the road so people don't have to swerve or pick up someone's hub cap.

Plus today I stopped a possible child sex offender. Told the guy if he keeps following them and talking dirty to them, I'd chain him and drag him behind the taco.

7. Sep 10, 2014 at 1:58 AM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    Yup, it's happened for me and I've done it.

Any time I see people in military uniform at a restaurant I'm eating at, I pay their tab in advance of them knowing. Additionally, certain people at grocery stores who come up short get the offer though it's often rejected.

While I was with family at St. Jude, it was not uncommon for people to almost force $$ on me.

8. Sep 10, 2014 at 1:47 PM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 5Lug, 2015 PreRunner
    Stonewall is the fattest 5 lug slug ever
    Same here. I can never afford to give much money, so I help people in other ways, like this.
    I've dealt with some great people before. There's a lot of folks up here on TW that helped me out when my family was in a tight spot. (By the way, to those of you that remember that, my sister just got her license back, officially!) I once found ten dollars taped to the underside of my truck's door handle. Someone put a hundred dollar bill in my mailbox several Christmases ago. Last year, my little sister's principal called her to the office the day before Christmas break and handed her a check for $300 for the family. Back when I was at that school, he would call me to the office and give me a book bag full of food to take home to my family. He even tried to buy me a yearbook my senior year, but I declined. It's a shame he just retired in June. My little brothers, both freshmen this year, will never get to meet him. When I was in ninth grade, someone (I still don't know who) bought me a pair of cleats for baseball, because I had been borrowing another kid's spares, which were too small for me. My neighbor down the street used to put baskets of food on the porch. A lot of people, some known and some unknown, have done these things, and I am grateful for them all. If it weren't for the good guys up here on TW, my family might be on the street right now.
    Because people have been so kind to me, I try to do the same. I share what I have with everyone. If I have money, I don't hesitate to give it to someone that needs it more than I do. I try to pay it all forward, because I am so grateful and humbled by the selflessness of some people.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  9. Sep 10, 2014 at 1:57 PM
    a.smo

a.smo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    PHX, Az
    Vehicle:
    '99 Trd Xtra Cab 4x4 5sp
    KCCO brother!

The chive is apart of my morning wake up routine.

My gf the other day just helped out another girl fix her flat tire at school.

10. Sep 10, 2014 at 2:04 PM
    greeneggsnspam

greeneggsnspam ಠ_ಠ

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    .gif
    Too poor to list anything interesting.
    When I was leading a small convoy over a toll bridge. We were hanging out for the day and wanted to get to a beach area together. I agreed to pay the toll for everyone so we didn't have to wait (imagenergousgod.png). Somehow, this car ends up in the middle of all these Jeeps and Tacos. I ended up paying their way too, as it was only a few dollars. No big. Come to find out, that car appeared to be a couple heading to their high school prom. :cool:

11. Sep 10, 2014 at 2:06 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
    The best acts are the ones no one knows about.

12. Sep 10, 2014 at 2:44 PM
    BryanCO

BryanCO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Pinedale WY
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR DCSB
    I was in Yellowstone on a cold snowy day and everyone was locked out of the entrance waiting for the road to be cleared of snow. Everyone was just hanging at a restaurant waiting. A guy asked me if he could use my laptop so I let him of course. He began to give me a sob story about being so cold, starving, and broke. I agreed to buy him a bowl of oatmeal and some coffee. I just told the waitress to give me the bill.

Turns out he ordered the mountain man skillet, a big glass of oj and dissappeared never to be seen again. Sometimes nice guys finish last. It didn't jade me too much. Just kind of funny.

13. Sep 10, 2014 at 3:17 PM
    G8keepr

G8keepr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    North central mass
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR
    Couple in front of me at Chinese take out had their card declined. They said they would be right back. I paid for their food and and walked over to their car and said ' the manager asked me to tell you to go back inside'. Then I left.

14. Sep 10, 2014 at 3:54 PM
    T4RFTMFW

T4RFTMFW Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have a monthly budget for RAK. It usually goes to restaurant waitresses/waiters who work in places like Olive Garden (older friend loves it there and I treat him fairly often) and are obviously good, hard workers. I respect the shit out of that, since most employees are complaining, lazy, bare minimum type of entitled people who don't deserve tips yet expect them.

I usually leave a $60-80 tip on my debit card charge which, so far has made each server I've had really visibly emotional and genuinely thankful. This is also an admirable and not common. I appreciate that sentiment to, with $40 cash on top of it so they have a bump at the end of the night instead of waiting for management to pay out charge tips.

No better feelings in life than helping others. If you have the ability to give charitably, you should give charitably.

15. Sep 11, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    GMack52

GMack52 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Clermont, FL
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma SR5 TRD
    bed liner, that's it for now
    My dad is director of community outreach for a 6k+ member church here in Orlando, Fl and we take groups of people out to gas stations and pay for random people's gas... Really helps out a lot of great people!

16. Sep 11, 2014 at 7:00 PM
    14TACO4X4

14TACO4X4 Mmmmm... Beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    18 RAM EcoDiesel
    Laramie
    I have done the same a few times in line for coffee at a drive through. Also covered the difference at the grocery store for people who were short.

Can never hurt to do good things. You reap what you sow, right?

Products Discussed in

To Top