Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Leo's and others, wanting opinion on Pepper spray.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:09 AM   #1
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Leo's and others, wanting opinion on Pepper spray.

Well someone broke into my ex's house, not a big deal really but we have a daughter together and they went into my daughters room, not cool. Nothing was stolen and no one was home. This time. She was wanting some mace or something but I used to teach self-defense to college students and have been tasered and sprayed with pepper spray and mace. Was never impressed with what the girls were carrying. It was the cheap shit, now I have had some Leo friends spray me and it was worse but I could still get a hold of them. I let them place the "nipple clips" on me and was incapacitated. But she doesn't want one of those, go figure. Either way I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this.
http://www.pepperblaster.com/

Looks pretty damn good to me. I like the fact that it shoots gel and fast, with some punch. I find the liquids drift too much and everyone gets some in their eyes.
I don't like the fact that it seems to only be 2 shots then replace, however the price isn't bad.
It also remains good until shot, unlike others that need to be replace after 12months.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:11 AM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
just keep in mind that pepper spray, oc spray, and mace...dont work on everyone

its especially ineffective on people who eat a lot of spicy foods
Old 04-21-2009, 08:13 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
There are other "Pyrotechnically Driven" products on the market that are 100% effective on assailants......Hmmm.......For example:

Old 04-21-2009, 08:29 AM   #5
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
neslerahh I already installed some window things that make a hideiously loud noise.

Chris we don't get her a gun because while we were together she would come and shoot with me but I was scared to death! So an actual gun is out, she has close neighbors and I wouldn't want her shooting them or our daughter in her panic. She is very panicy, and can't function, it pisses me off. I was also concerned with her accuracy with this. However she has changed and we will reconsider.

Tiger I agree comeptly with that, especially since we here are all cajun, and every thing has some spice.

Thanks guys.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:34 AM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taser International has come out with a civilian taser that you can buy too...tasers seem to be a bit more effective on most people...but if the intruder is wearing thick clothing or something like that it may not work either...
Old 04-21-2009, 08:36 AM   #7
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
get her a couple big dogs
Old 04-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

http://www.taser.com/PRODUCTS/CONSUMERS/Pages/C2.aspx
Old 04-21-2009, 08:45 AM   #10
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Another thing you can do is get some alarm stickers. put them on the windows, doors, and get one of the little foot-high alarm signs that sticks in the grass - this is a good deterrant
Old 04-21-2009, 08:46 AM   #11
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

a consumer version of what I carry is also available but its around $1000...the C2 is much more affordable at $350 with a laser sight
Old 04-21-2009, 08:56 AM   #13
╒╪╕

or you could hire some ninja's to hide in the trees, they kick ass
Old 04-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #15
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
bear mace that they sell at places like gander mountain

taser

body guard

bow and arrows?

im running out of ideas but if you get an old crown vic, put real dark tint, a few antennaes and some lights (led) in the grill (get led in amber or white so you wont get charged with impersonating and officer and if the tint is illegal dont drive it) and maybe a small dash ligh for the front and rear and he may not even bother...or it may attract him cause usually cops have guns in their houses, tough call
Old 04-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #16
Poodoo

luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
I'm like a chicken on a fence, lol.
I have been brain storming for her but she shoots all the ideas down.She is worreied about Zoe (daughter)and a gun in the house. But hell my daughter is 4 and knows how to put my pistol together, or should I say what piece goes where. She also knows better than to touch it, she understands that I carry it and knows how to place her legs when she is on my hip. I believe if kids grow up with guns and understand them they are better off. I'm not saying my gun is ever where she can get it but she comes to the country with us when we shoot and knows that when we get home it gets cleaned.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #18
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
security camera, or a dummy camera
Old 04-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #20
badguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadguybuster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police (95B)
badguybuster's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to get Pepper Spray or "OC" (Oloeresin Capsicum) go for a foam version. It is sticky and adheres to the target. Make her practice with it, so she can be quick and accurate. You want something above 10%, 15 if you can find it. They even make some called "Bear Stopper", big game hunters use it. It is like 25-30%. The main use for pepper sprays (any kind) is to create a shock to the assailant. It distracts them long enough (hopefully) to allow the potential victim to create some distance between them (Reactionary gap) and to flee. I have been sprayed several times, once for the Army, once for Police Academy, and twice while teaching rape prevention classes to woman. Anyway, a small caliber handgun (38 spl +p) is a better option, not a lot of kick and it won't over penetrate very often. Keep in mind, NOTHING works unless she has it handy. She needs to PRACTICE, PRACTICE.....oh, and PRACTICE.