Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

My Girlfriend thinks Tacomas are not trucks

Old 10-15-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
Barry Landscaping
bryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
bryanbyers28's Tacoma Gallery
Angry My Girlfriend thinks Tacomas are not trucks

So this past weekend I spent some time with my girlfriend drive around her parents Jeep Rubicon because she didn't want to drive all the way to my house in her Ford F-250 King Ranch.

We got talking about an off roading trip I am about to go on this next weekend, I wanted her to come. So I asked if she wanted to come. She said no, I asked why not. She said that she would just make fun me and the other guys.

I then asked her why she would do that. After prying for a little to get an answer out of her, she said because she thinks that Tacomas are not trucks. I said ok. Believe what you want to believe.

A little back ground: My girl friend is originally from Monroe, Louisiana. Her family is pretty redneck, which I have no problem with. She grew up around truck being lifted beyond portion and lots of mudding. She currently lives in Georgia where she lives on a farm and rides horses. She is part of a very privileged family because she has a 2008 Ford F-250 King Ranch to pull her horse trailer. She wants to get a 6in. lift for her truck and get bigger tires.

So to continue to the story. I said ok believe what you want to believe. I said to her you know what i think is really dumb. I proceed to say people who lift diesel trucks because it looks cool. so lets just say that went over well.

I had to explain the difference between wheeling on trails compared to mudding which is just riding around getting your truck dirty.

I also asked her why would people get insanely lifted trucks if all they are going to do is go mudding? I mean its not like a lifted diesel truck is going to even fit on some trails.

I have a 3in. lift on my Tacoma with 33s on there. It gives me more clearance to go wheeling. That may not be the original reason why i lifted my truck but now i understand why people do it.
So she says that Tacomas are not trucks.

I wanna know what you guys think and what I should respond to her with.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:38 AM   #2
MightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Gabriel
MightyMouse-SCT's Tacoma Gallery
First sentence sums it all up.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:39 AM   #3
Barry Landscaping
bryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbryanbyers28 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
First sentence sums it all up.
hahah i had to drive the jeep too. I felt like i was cheating on my truck
Old 10-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #5
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connor
4Running Daily's Tacoma Gallery
Only one option:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VciQjhgB66k
Old 10-15-2014, 10:41 AM   #6
Just the tip?
TACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO 12B is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Brody
TACO 12B's Tacoma Gallery
It's a Ferrrd. Tell her not to get too excited.

Just wait and see who's truck ends up in the shop first..
Old 10-15-2014, 10:41 AM   #7
se7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shedse7enine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

se7enine's Tacoma Gallery
I think I see a future ex-girlfriend.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:42 AM   #9
Just passin' through..
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
She's used to a real truck, not a Tacoma. If she called it a wheelbarrow would it matter? Either grow some confidence in your own decisions in life and have the balls not to justify it to anybody, or break up with her and find a girl who doesn't talk.

Obviously, the first idea is the goal. You need some thicker skin, and you both need growing up.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #10
Barry Landscaping

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottalot View Post
Terms for Termination!
i need the paper work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Running Daily View Post
yea they may be able to haul/tow more than us but lets see those two trucks wheel
Old 10-15-2014, 10:44 AM   #11
eazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant future

Name: Jay
eazyrider711's Tacoma Gallery
Some people enjoy new experiences and experiencing life from many perspectives. Some don't and some can just afford not to. Make your own way.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:46 AM   #12
DCSBORFTMFW
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

geekhouse23's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna know what she says when you tell her a Tacoma is the only truck assembled in America (Texas)
Old 10-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #13
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Ask her to follow you in her ford while wheeling and see if she changes her tune.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:48 AM   #15
15bluetaco has much to be proud of15bluetaco has much to be proud of15bluetaco has much to be proud of15bluetaco has much to be proud of15bluetaco has much to be proud of15bluetaco has much to be proud of15bluetaco has much to be proud of15bluetaco has much to be proud of15bluetaco has much to be proud of
15bluetaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lets compare a civic to a 335i. I mean its the same you are doing here comparing these very different trucks. That vid is hilarious though.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:48 AM   #16
Cooters94 is on a distinguished road

Cooters94's Tacoma Gallery
everyone has their own opinions. i wouldn't worry. especially if she's hot. in fact if she's hot just keep your mouth shut.

but you're comparing apples to oranges there. a tacoma isn't the best choice for towing from a lack of pulling power and stopping power. and a f250 on a wheeling trail is like a bull in a china shop that gets stuck in the doorway.

but if you want to rub it in, remind her how shitty her fuck pile ford is the next time it spends a couple weeks in the shop.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:48 AM   #17
eazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant futureeazyrider711 has a brilliant future

Name: Jay
eazyrider711's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekhouse23 View Post
I wanna know what she says when you tell her a Tacoma is the only truck assembled in America (Texas)
Come on... we all know Texas is it's own America.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #18
Just passin' through..
PeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedPeeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
PeeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Unless OP wheels the shit out of his Tacoma then that's a pointless endeavor. If someone said their truck can out haul/tow/wheel another truck and they don't haul/tow/wheel frequently then it's just self soothing bullshit to make themselves feel better.

A TRUCK should be able to haul and tow, to some a truck should be able to wheel and haul/tow doesn't matter. No way in hell a Tacoma compares to an F250 on anything a truck is meant to do for work, the only benefit a Tacoma has is the ability to play.

I bet your girlfriend wouldn't ask the internet if her car is good enough for her to drive.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:50 AM   #19
DCSBORFTMFW
geekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeekhouse23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

geekhouse23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post
Ask her to follow you in her ford while wheeling and see if she changes her tune.
Can't wait to take my mall-crawlin future brother in law wheeling in a couple weeks. 6" suspension with 3" body on 37's
Old 10-15-2014, 10:52 AM   #20
JWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JWC's Tacoma Gallery
Is she really hot? If so, how do her theories about what is/is not a truck matter in the least?

She's hot + bones you down + doesn't think your Tacoma is a truck = no freaking problem.

She's hot + does not bone you down + because doesn't think your Tacoma is a truck = huge freaking problem. (NOTE: this problem has multiple solutions that could include replacing her with a hotter girlfriend that will bone you down because you have a Tacoma.)

It's not rocket science.