Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Scholarship finding help?

Old 04-23-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Scholarship finding help?

I have become extremely frustrated in my search for scholarships. Mostly I get shafted because my parents have a high income and the fact that I have to help pay does not matter. However I am trying to study abroad and pursue multiple degrees and it will not happen unless I can find some sort of financial aid. I have tried two major websites that consolidate scholarship offers (fastweb and scholarships.com), and every scholarship sent out over the school email. I am going to the military recruiters to see what kind of programs they offer.

Basically does anyone have any advice in finding viable scholarships?

I am Majoring in Mechanical engineering with a focus in automotive engineering, minoring in nuclear engineering and arabic.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
i got my full ride from the university cause i came in w/ a 4.0 and a 33 on the act. May wanna see about individual schools within the university. Like a scholarship from the college of engineering or math and sciences.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
We could start a TacomaWorld Scholarship Fund.

Hell, you just rounded up $30,000+ for a group buy....we should have no problem getting enough funds to put you thru school!

Do you have a good GPA ?
Old 04-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
I know I have been trying but since I a white middle class male I can't get SHIT. If i was black or hispanic, I would have a full ride.

In fact me and my friend on our PSATs put different ethnicities down and got letter from harvard and yale as soon as it was graded hahahaha
Old 04-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

middle class white male right here.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:27 PM   #6
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
ya i had a 3.8 in high school playing sports all year round and came into college with 27 credits from "college level" AP high school courses. A lot of scholarships in engineering are for students interested in heating/cooling or other obscure professional fields
Old 04-23-2009, 04:27 PM   #7

HVAC is actually pretty cool. Try looking into it. It's not just air conditioners.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #8
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
We could start a TacomaWorld Scholarship Fund.

Hell, you just rounded up $30,000+ for a group buy....we should have no problem getting enough funds to put you thru school!

Do you have a good GPA ?
Lol I wish i saw some of that money
Old 04-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesaflaw123 View Post
HVAC is actually pretty cool. Try looking into it. It's not just air conditioners.
Ya I have always wanted to get into military or intelligence, hence my learning of arabic, so I am going to see what they have to offer tomorrow. I was thinking about the navy's nuclear propolsion program. It is a sick deal and highly competative. I had to put my application on hold because of my surgery so I might try that out again
Old 04-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #10
Senior Lettuce Washer
Ticketdoctor has a spectacular aura aboutTicketdoctor has a spectacular aura about

Ticketdoctor's Tacoma Gallery
If you know what field that you are interested in, try a professional organizations for the field.

Example. I am a Civil Engineer so I belong to the American Society of Civil Engineers among other organizations. I know that local chapters of the ASCE give out scholarships.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:32 PM   #11
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Civil Engineers are awesome!

Old 04-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #12
kvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud ofkvnhlstd has much to be proud of

Air Force: MSgt // Security Forces   Retired after 22 yrs of service
kvnhlstd's Tacoma Gallery
Declare yourself as an individual, if you apply for FASFA under the umbrella of your parents you will get nothing. If you apply as individual with no other stated income you will get FASFA money... That is next semester.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:54 PM   #13
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvnhlstd View Post
Declare yourself as an individual, if you apply for FASFA under the umbrella of your parents you will get nothing. If you apply as individual with no other stated income you will get FASFA money... That is next semester.
Thats exactly what i was thinking. So what happens when my parents pay a bill? Do i get called out or what happens lol