Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

"yankees" moving South: for southerners.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
"yankees" moving South: for southerners.

So... don't take this the wrong way. I don't have a problem with people from other states, and as someone who moved out of my own state, I don't have much room to talk I suppose. I use the term "Yankee" kind of generically.

But every time I go visit my folks in TN, it seems like the whole damned area has grown another 10% or so. Most of it in the form of giant Mcmansions and cookie-cutter shopping malls. Secondly, I swear every other person seems to be from NJ,NY, MA, and FL ( where a lot of them had moved to from those same states before that). I'm also on a lot of forums that includes people from other states, and half of those about to retire, who also live in other expensive states are all wanting to move down South to to states like NC, TN, GA, and so on. They all want someplace warm, cheap, and so on.

Personally, I don't blame them for making their decision. I lived in MA for a few years and god- the state sucked ( no offense MA guys!) but the weather, cost of living, and traffic was awful. So ya- I see why they're doing it.

But I can't shake the feeling that it kind of makes me mad to see states like NC and TN basically get inundated with people from these areas, who will bring with them the same ole crap that was up in states they escaped from. I hate to see my home region get changed so much. I hate gentrification and would really be unhappy if that's what happened to my home area.

Anyhow... just curious about perspectives from other Southerners as well as those who aren't from the South.

Again, not trying to get people mad, but its just the way I feel.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, you said it, these areas suck!!
And as long as they keep raising taxes, making new silly freedom taking laws up here, people will move away in droves..
Old 04-24-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Yankee? Hmmm.....I know a quickie is when you and your "other" get it on in record time. I guess a "Yankee" is when you're all alone?

Ever go to a Tampa Bay Rays home game when they host the RedSox? It's more like Yawkey Way than Yawkey Way in Boston. It's a 10:1 ratio easy.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
My last flight to alaska went through colorado, and the pilot said

"Welcome to Denver, enjoy your stay but please don't move here!"
Old 04-24-2009, 09:21 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
whats the difference between a yankee and a damn yankee?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
^ What?

(is it a joke? just curious for the answer if it is )
Old 04-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed_SS View Post
^ What?

(is it a joke? just curious for the answer if it is )
damn yankees wont go home