1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Christmas Presents for the Wife

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by mdcmn7, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Dec 6, 2014 at 5:17 AM
    mdcmn7

mdcmn7 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    East Coast
    So I am trying to figure out what I should get for my wife as a Christmas present and was wondering what the rest of the TW gentlemen are getting their wives?

She and I have been married for 12 years with a few kids. We have reached the point in our lives where we generally just buy something if we want it so their really isnt anything specific she is looking for. Even though she always tells me not to get her anything, that is a trap and I would be on the couch for a month so I usually try to get something generally in the $100 dollar range although that is flexible

Any thoughts?

2. Dec 6, 2014 at 5:21 AM
    Pcyc

Pcyc Self Proclaimed Leader

Member:
    First Name:
    Fritz
    Concord, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD OR - Supercharged - Dual Cased - Twin Sticked
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/pcyc-fj40-build.444289/ https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/pcycs-2nd-gen-build.308160/
    Get her a small trip to a bed and breakfast near by. I guarantee you she would rather spend time with you than get a gift. Usually B&b's run about $200 a night at most. Then spend the weekend exploring that town.

Also check out airbnb.com

3. Dec 6, 2014 at 5:28 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I'm pretty much in the same scenario. My Solution: Pandora

Chicks all love jewelry - it's in their DNA. Get her one of the bracelets and a charm or two to start for Christmas.

There's HUNDREDS to choose from!

Best part: now you've got a go to present for any event that comes along, birthday, valentines, Mother's Day, Groundhog Day, - whatever!

They've got neat ones in sterling silver, gold, cz, glass. Also you don't have to kill your wallet - good ones can be had for $35-$75.

This makes life easier, trust me. :thumbsup:

4. Dec 6, 2014 at 5:32 AM
    BYBO

BYBO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Byron
    Indiana
    I'm going to get my wife some bottles of wine. Get her drunk, then get her naked. It's really a gift for me, but I'll never tell her that.

5. Dec 6, 2014 at 6:36 AM
    mdcmn7

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    East Coast
    I got her a pandora Bracelet a few years ago and had all the kids pick out a charm. She doesent really wear it, aulthough on occasion it does come out. maybe a few charms for it wouldnt hurt

She is a big tea drinker, I was thinking of a nice tea set?

Great idea

The B and B is also good, tough to get overnight baby sitters

6. Dec 6, 2014 at 3:47 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Tickets to a concert or show?

7. Dec 6, 2014 at 7:47 PM
    Spintly

Spintly Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Home of the Groundhog
    Vehicle:
    85 Single Cab Pickup & 2000 911
    This is what my wife and I have done for Christmas every year for the last 5. We have been married for 15 years. It is great, if you enjoy spending time with your wife. :D

8. Dec 6, 2014 at 7:54 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon Musk Moderator

Member:
    I will probably be purchasing some more MK (Michael Koors(?) stuff for her, again...last year, I bought her a purse, jacket, scarf, and gloves....all MK.

9. Dec 7, 2014 at 4:11 AM
    mdcmn7

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    East Coast

Lol,

Still enjoy time with her..... Usually

10. Dec 7, 2014 at 7:00 AM
    okie

okie Pick your poison

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    sr5 Tundra
    Got mine a gift card from ULTA.

11. Dec 7, 2014 at 7:07 AM
    04trd

04trd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Cleveland Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2015 f150 lariat
    weather techs, 20precent tint, leveling kit, back flip bed cover, rhino liner
    Well guys I'm younger (23) and my girlfriend and I were in the same boat. I was looking on line and found these things called open when cards. They are a bunch of envelopes where I wrote open when . . Some of the ideas were open when you need to relax. And inside that card I got her a day at the spa. Another one was open when u miss me and they were a bunch of pictures of us in there. Yea kinda feel like a girl doing them but fellas you all know girls love that shit from the heart so that could be an idea. Takes time but definitely gettin laid the day after x mass. :yes:

12. Dec 7, 2014 at 7:10 AM
    KnoxTac0713

KnoxTac0713 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB SR5 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Bilstein 6112, rear 2.0 Icon VS shocks, TRD Black SEMA wheels, 255/80/17 Cooper ST Maxx, SOS Rear bumper, SOS bolt on sliders,TRD skid plate, derped badges, 15% tint, color matched oem grille, lamin-x amber fog covers, TRD cat-back exhaust, Tacoma bed mat, Tonno-pro trifold, Depo black tail lights, front tow hook w/ D shackle, Wheeler's Superbumps rear, Wheeler's 1 inch block rear, Custom Car Grills mesh grill insert, light bar in lower valence
    I went with a gift certificate for a facial (giggity). Local spa just over $100.

13. Dec 7, 2014 at 7:19 AM
    travis.diller

travis.diller Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Kitsap Peninsula
    Vehicle:
    2003 Taco prerunner 4x4
    fully armored, 4.88, 33 skinnies, tundra brakes, a REAL cold air intake.
    saddlebackleather.com
    awesome stuff.
    they guy has some pretty funny videos too.

14. Dec 7, 2014 at 4:05 PM
    MachTac

MachTac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kody
    MD
    Vehicle:
    Storm Trooper in boot camp
    2'' Spacer Lift 15% Tint Thrush Turbo Muffler It's All About That Bass STICKERS!
    I'm taking my gf of 8 years to the zoo to see the pandas. It's her favorite animal. Plus I get to see the tigers. We're both happy.

15. Dec 7, 2014 at 4:10 PM
    jblaze805

jblaze805 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ventura/Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    04 trd pre-runner
    2.5" king coilovers, caburg uca, magnaflow exhaust, aem intake
  16. Dec 7, 2014 at 4:18 PM

302 I love Taylor Swift :D

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawrence
    Vehicle:
    07' DCSB TRD Sport SSM
    Bedside decal
    I work for a B&B that has a spa here at the beach in Delaware, and I think those are great suggestions. I however always get my wife gold or silver coins that she likes to hoard away. Gold and silver are starting to bottom out, so now is a great time.

17. Dec 21, 2014 at 9:28 PM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob

18. Dec 21, 2014 at 9:33 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    Did you go to Jared?

19. Dec 21, 2014 at 10:49 PM
    sofiasdad11

sofiasdad11 Reads more than posts

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Near the Windy City, but in the country
    Vehicle:
    2011 BLACK 4X4 DCLB TRD SPORT
    Flux capacitor (2nd gen version), toytec ultimate liftkit, amp research powersteps, custom katzkin heated leather incl. console cover, retraxpro retractable bed cover, earnhardt jr. cannons@18x9(summer),ballistic jesters@18x9 (winter),285/60/18 nitto grapplers, bodymatched bushwackers, the original Homertaco full satoshi " raptor" grill, viper 5704 remote/smart-start/alarm w/viper cellulor app, ravelco anti-theft device, ipcw tails, redline hoodstruts, oem roof rack, led maps/dome, backup light mod, swingcase storage box, jl audio stealthbox and amps,focal drivers,alpine carplay unit, pop&lock premium handle, seatbelt chime disabled, tailgate hoseclamp mod, rich evans caliper covers, weathertech digitalfit mats, flyzeye V2W,oem bedmat, salex console organizer,speeddawg shiftknob
    Ordered via pandoraMOA.com

Nice site where you can "build" a piece of jewelry to your liking/price range.
    Ordered Saturday as they offered 2-day ups delivery, free :D

20. Dec 21, 2014 at 11:05 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    Sweet. I just went down to the local shop and grabbed a few charms.

Products Discussed in

To Top