Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Toy quad battery needed...

Old 04-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Veccster's Tacoma Gallery
Toy quad battery needed...

Found this little beauty while driving home from a fishing trip. It was at the end of a driveway with a 'free' sign on it. Had 3 helmets too. I added some stickers

Anyway, it needs a battery or some other modifications. If I push it, the headlight comes on. That tells me something is working (alternator maybe ).

I need to find something rechargeable and semi-durable.

It has a 15 amp fuse but I'm not sure if it needs replaced. How do I know?

Here are some pictures of the wiring. Any help to get this thing running is appreciated.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
they take the same battery as the power wheels..go to a toys r us and they should have it i think

the only reason I know, is because i had a powerwheels when i was young, and i always blew those fuses and killed the batterys.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #3
bass turds
Veccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shedVeccster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OK, so I figured out this is a Tek Nek toy. I went to their website and it says not to use other batteries or chargers with this toy as it will cause damage. Is this a bullshit threat?

I would think any 6v battery and charger would work.

Here is the link:
http://www.teknektoys.com/c-31-6v-batterycharger.aspx

They want $29 for the battery and $27 for the charger. Not a bad price but I think I could do better.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #5
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Red Taco View Post
Careful loading that bad boy in the truck, it could bend the tailgate!
It's pink, so isn't it a girl?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #6
bass turds

This thing has been in the son for a while. It used to be red.

I found this picture on eBay:

I don't really want to order a $60 battery and charger only to find out it doesn't work. If I could buy locally, I can always return the battery without hassle.

I'm taking it to Toys R Us or Radio Shack this week to see if they have something. I may have to rig it a bit.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veccster View Post
OK, so I figured out this is a Tek Nek toy. I went to their website and it says not to use other batteries or chargers with this toy as it will cause damage. Is this a bullshit threat?

Here is the link:

They want $29 for the battery and $27 for the charger. Not a bad price but I think I could do better.
Im thinking that as long as the polarity and voltage are the same, you should be able to use what ever battery you want.........'course, I melted my Flip Flops yesterday...so......you may want to listen to someone else on this topic.....
Old 04-28-2009, 01:37 PM   #9
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
I used a Power Wheels charger on a non-power wheels vehicle and it worked fine. I had to splice some wires because the plugs were different, but that was it. Before you spend $60 on a battery and charger, see what the cost for a new vehicle would be. Some of the smaller Power Wheels really aren't that expensive.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:47 PM   #10
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Quote:

Here is the link:

I found a Hummer power wheels in someones trash this weekend. I already gave it to someone in need.

Try this website www.modifiedpowerwheels.com

Marc M
Old 04-28-2009, 07:51 PM   #11
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
I found a Hummer power wheels in someones trash this weekend. I already gave it to someone in need.

Try this website www.modifiedpowerwheels.com

Marc M
Old 04-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #12
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
I got this for my daughter for Christmas, it's 24 volts.

Old 04-28-2009, 07:58 PM   #13
Dirty White Boy

Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I don't really want to order a $60 battery and charger only to find out it doesn't work. If I could buy locally, I can always return the battery without hassle.
Do you have a "Batteries Plus" around where you live? They carry parts and batteries for the ride on toys.

Marc M
Old 04-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #14
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I found this one in the trash. It's not a Power Wheels brand, but a Power Wheels battery worked. Just had to splice on a different plug. Battery Warehouse would have replacements.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...1&d=1240970897
Attached Thumbnails
Toy quad battery needed...-002.jpg  
Old 04-29-2009, 07:16 AM   #15
bass turds

OK, I'm going tonight to get a battery but still don't know how to splice on the new harness. It is not going to be the same.

How do I connect the wires if the two harness' don't match up?

How do I know if the fuse is still good?
Old 04-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #16

Quote:
OK, I'm going tonight to get a battery but still don't know how to splice on the new harness. It is not going to be the same.

How do I connect the wires if the two harness' don't match up?

How do I know if the fuse is still good?
There are only 2 wires, so you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. If you splice them backwards, it just won't do anything. Look at the little visible "S" shaped wire inside the fuse. If there is a break in that wire, the fuse is toast.