1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truckaddons Horror Story

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by drifter6332, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Oct 24, 2007 at 11:07 AM
    drifter6332

drifter6332 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab V6 SR5 Sport Tow
    Running Boards, Extang Tonneau Cover
    Not sure if this is the correct forum for what I am about to say. I just purchased an 08 Tacoma and looked on the net to find a tail gate lock. I found and ordered one from Truckaddons.com. They sent one out but unfortunately they sent me one for a 98 Tacoma. Now this is where it gets interesting. They claim I ordered the 98 tailgate lock as per their notes (phone order) and will have to pay for the shipping back in order to do the exchange. I am infuriated that I have to pay more money for their mistake so I got a hold of the manager. Customer service is not what they are about. He had the nerve to tell me that I made the mistake and that they would not pay the shipping back. Obviously the fellow on the other end of my phone order conversation heard me wrong as why in the hell would I order a part for a vehicle I don't own. This is only logical but apparently they do not listen to logic and are sticking to their guns. What I want from you guys if you have any similiar stories with ordering parts and their return policies especially with Truckaddons. This has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth and I am very hesitant to order any more parts from the States.

2. Oct 24, 2007 at 11:16 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I ordered mine off of eBay. It came pretty quickly. I've been happy with C2C, URD, and TRDParts4U.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Oct 24, 2007 at 11:29 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    I haven't used them, and now I won't.

I have had excellent dealings with http://AutoAnything.com, their customer service is excellent.

If I were you, I would call my credit card company and tell them that you are not paying for that transaction as the you did not receive the product that was promised to you for your payment. I would get them to revoke the payment. Then I would tell truckaddons.com that they can have their part back if they will pay for the shipping - you will hold it for them until such time. I did something similar with a MAF sensor I got for my VW TDI from a no-name site. Eventually, they sent me the correct part, and I returned their error at their cost.

If this is too abrasive of an approach, contact the Better Buisness Bureau with a formal letter of complaint that explains the entire situation.

Good luck - let us know how it goes.

4. Oct 24, 2007 at 12:01 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Did you order it online or call on the phone?

Looks like someone pressed the wrong key '9' instead of a '0'

Sounds like a no-win situation..... If I were you -I'd take that 98 lock and sell it to someone else and take your losses. Then - order another lock somewhere else.

Or - if you wanted to pursue it -take the sitaution to BBB (Better Business Bureau). They help you deal with situations and get them resolved. I had ordered a 'battery' from a company who claimed they shipped it already. I never got the item and called them numerous times and they simply ignored me. I got the BBB involved and promptly within 2 weeks, the company refunded every penny I paid them.

5. Oct 24, 2007 at 12:19 PM
    drifter6332

drifter6332 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thanks so much for the replies. I did try and talk to my credit card company to revoke payment but they would not since I did recieve something from the company even though it was wrong. I will however call the Better Business Bureau and see if I can get somewhere.

Again thank you all for the advice.

Tacomas Rule!!!!

6. Oct 25, 2007 at 11:54 AM
    jgunccrugby

jgunccrugby Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Mount Holly, NC
    Vehicle:
    13 PreRunner SR5 DBL Cab
    Tacoma Seat Covers, Tacoma Kick Guards, Nerf Bars, Front window tint. To come: Bull Bar
    Anyone ever make a purchase from: Alfa Otto DBA PCP or ProCarParts?

Just curious, they had a set of bull bars that look just like the Westins and wondered about others experiences with the company.

7. Oct 25, 2007 at 11:58 PM
    drifter6332

drifter6332 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Just an update on what has happened. I contacted the Better Business Bureau of Kentucky and lodged a complaint. They contacted Truckaddons (a division of Trail Blazers) and in a nut shell here is their response.

They claim that they asked me three times what year of vehicle I need the tailgate lock for and I responed, a 98 Tacoma. Since I own a 08 Tacoma how is this possible or logical for me to make this mistake three times. They really must think that I am stupid!!! This company and how they handle customer issues is a complete joke. I hope the business they lose from all of this is worth the $8 in shipping that I asked them to pay for to resolve this issue.

8. Oct 26, 2007 at 4:33 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    I am sorry that is ridiculous. That doesn't make a damn bit of sense. I am sorry that you are having to go through that...

9. Oct 26, 2007 at 5:52 AM
    argm31i

argm31i Well-Known Member

Member:
    Man, that really sucks. I'm a law school graduate, and as with other stuff, I have found that trying to hurt unsatisfactory vendors by word of mouth usually does more good than fighting through any Better Business Bureau, (the main problem with them is that they take one look at how much money you're talking about, and will dismiss it if it's not a whole bunch) or fighting it out in the court system. The only thing I'd warn you of is saying anything that's untrue (not that you have, but just a warning).

Anyway, I am sorry you've had this problem, but this is probably the best way to handle it.

As for me, I've not ever had as bad an experience with any online vendors, and I usually use www.jcwhitney.com and have never had any bad experiences with them.

10. Oct 26, 2007 at 7:59 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
  11. Oct 26, 2007 at 8:42 AM
    rhoppas

rhoppas Land of Oz

Member:
    Topeka, KS
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab V6 TRD Sport Tow
    Earnhardt Cannons, Terra Grapplers, Viper alarm, Hunter4x4 Bull Bar, 6" Pro Comp Off-Road lights, extra set of bed D-rings, Chrome exhaust tip, Metra Ipod/MP3 adapter, Garmin GPS, CarriageWorks grill, Maglite mounted to driver seat, 9" Stubbie Antenna, WeatherTech floor liners, Saddleman Neoprene seat covers, DeeZee bed mat
    Good finds, Bob. There is a pattern of lying here so they do not have to take back parts. Hopefully this will catch up to them in the long run and they will get what they deserve...

12. Oct 26, 2007 at 1:07 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    As far as Truckaddons go, i think word of mouth is the best way as long as you're not saying anything untrue. just by posting your experience you guranteed that they wont get any business from this site. They just effectively lost way more than 8 bucks just from this thread alone. That should make you feel a little better

13. Oct 26, 2007 at 1:15 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    Actually i just read the post that tcbob posted regarding poor service at truckaddons. Maybe you should copy all those links into an email and say "are reviews like this floating large forums worth the $8 in shipping?" Let them see what their poor customer service is doing to their reputation.

14. Oct 26, 2007 at 2:29 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    HEY!!! nd! If you want brutalize Texans, that's your God given right, but don't harm the Tacomas! Those trucks have never done any of us wrong.

As for Truckaddons, another sucks.com joins the list. Words are powerful.

15. Oct 27, 2007 at 9:15 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    yeah...try and pull some shit now texas....haha...we got the law at our backs.

16. Oct 27, 2007 at 8:46 PM
    sawdust

sawdust Unapologetic Texan

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad Radiant Red V6 Auto DC
    Homelink mirror, tailgate lock, 2ndary air filter removal, Access LE tonneau, Bugflector II, hitch-based bed extender, vent visors, suspension TSB, stall mat
    You're being chased by the law? Can't say I'm surprised :)

17. Oct 28, 2007 at 2:35 PM
    argm31i

argm31i Well-Known Member

Member:
    Thanks guys.

18. Oct 31, 2007 at 8:10 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I'd send their part back and eat the shipping. Then send them an email with a link to all those truckadd on sucks threads including this one. I have an article I kept that states one dissatisfied customer will tell 9 friends about their experience. Those 9 friends tell 9 more. Look how it grows expotentially on the internet. That is priceless in my opinion. The company is penny wise and pound foolish. I'll never buy anything from them. Mechanics Warehouse online is top notch. NO BS.

19. Jan 14, 2008 at 2:53 PM
    Viper-2

Viper-2 Secret Agent

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner with many mods
    How is this "company" staying in business? I saw so many S**T reviews on them on all kinds of different sites it's ridiculous.

I feel like pounding them. :smash::laser:

Products Discussed in

To Top