1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What would you do about bad service at a business?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by tonyt915, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Dec 27, 2014 at 4:22 PM
    tonyt915

tonyt915 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    My Name Is Toby!!!
    Tomball, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road
    Pelfreybilt front bumper, SOS skis plates and rear bumper, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon 2.5 w/resi's rear shocks, Dakar lead springs, Warn 9.5ti winch, Oem roofr rack
    Been having problems with my tires and want to know what are my options. Started 2 weeks ago when I had 265/75r16 Goodyear Wrangler Armortrac put on the truck and on the way home it started shaking. Brought it back to another Discount Tire that was closer the following business day and they told me the other stores balance machine must have not been calibrated cause the balance was way off. Later that night I got on the highway and the whole truck started shaking again, so when I found time to leave work 3 days later I brought it to another Discount Tire on my way home and they re-balanced the tires again. Well shortly after traffic let up and I was able to get to highway speeds the truck started shaking once again. So I stopped again at the Discount Tire close to my house and told them this is the 4th time I'm having them re-balance the wheels and that I'm about to go on a trip for Christmas. The guy said they would road force balance the tires and that would fix the problem. Well as they finish the tech tells me my back two wheels were bent and that's what is causing the steering wheel and truck to shake. I asked how he knew and was told he put his screwdriver to the rims while on the machine and the rim hit his screwdriver :confused:. So on my way out of town the truck is shaking again for my 2+ hour trip and when I get to my parents house I notice my wheels are all scratched and dinged up around the center where the cup from the balance machine goes. So as soon as I get back to my city on Friday I call and talk to the manager. He wanted me to bring the truck back in so he himself could look at it and try to fix it. I argued with him for a good bit cause I already wasted 4 trips at an avg of an hour thirty to an hour forty each visit and no progress has been made. So he agreed to let me go to Toyota and have them balance the wheels and he would reimburse me. So this morning I go to Toyota and about an hour later the tech comes out and ask where I got the tires. He said there was 56-63lbs of road force on three of the tires and 36lbs on the fourth tire and that the maximum is 30lbs. He also said that the tech who road forced them should have known immediately there was something wrong with the tire when they put that much road force in them. He also let me know that the wheels are not bent. So after looking through the road hazard warranty I see " Discount Tire will give a refund of the full purchase price, together with the applicable sales tax and give you the option to purchase the same new or comparable tire at the refund price, with the payment of any applicable sales tax. " So I was thinking would it be to much to ask for a different set of tires to put on a different rim? I have the TSS Tacoma wheels and was planning on lifting it later this coming year. Since the OEM TRD alloys are now beat up, I was going to ask the manager for the 255/75r17 BFG M/T and pay the difference in price, also ask them to include 4 new road hazard certs for free and in return I would eat the $80 I spent at Toyota for something they should have figured out and let go that they beat up my TRD alloys. To me this seems more than fair for all the driving and time I spent trying to get this figured out. Anyone in this business or anyone have any advice?

2. Dec 27, 2014 at 4:33 PM
    taco 2011

taco 2011 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD SR5
    Westin Bull guard,predator nerf bars, Window Tint Legal limit, Weather tech Floor mats, Weather tech smoke visors, Wet Okole seat covers, OEM Roof Racks, Reverse Camera, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit Cover,Dyno power locking tailgate Trd alloy wheels, Dunlop at tires JL Stealthbox, JL custom fit molding kit, Directed Audio 500 watt amp, LCI adaptor. More mods to come.
    I don't see why you have to pay a dime for anything. That being said if you do have to . I would make him take that 80 dollars and put it down towards your new set and you pick up the rest. Also i would ask them to be installed for free and balanced, but with the way they have done before i am not sure i would want them to do it. Just my 2 cents i hope some other people chime in.

3. Dec 27, 2014 at 4:34 PM
    taco 2011

taco 2011 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD SR5
    Westin Bull guard,predator nerf bars, Window Tint Legal limit, Weather tech Floor mats, Weather tech smoke visors, Wet Okole seat covers, OEM Roof Racks, Reverse Camera, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jack Rabbit Cover,Dyno power locking tailgate Trd alloy wheels, Dunlop at tires JL Stealthbox, JL custom fit molding kit, Directed Audio 500 watt amp, LCI adaptor. More mods to come.
    I would also try and link the fact that they were the ones who messed up your trd alloy wheels. I would push this as hard as you could because more than likely they will give and work out a deal with you.

4. Dec 27, 2014 at 4:41 PM
    tonyt915

tonyt915 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    My Name Is Toby!!!
    Tomball, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road
    Pelfreybilt front bumper, SOS skis plates and rear bumper, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon 2.5 w/resi's rear shocks, Dakar lead springs, Warn 9.5ti winch, Oem roofr rack
    Well the TRD rims have 60k miles on them and have some minor scuffs no curb rash or anything just regular use so figured it would be unfair to argue I want them to replace rims that are that old. Also the the tires are about $38 more a piece and the the road hazard certs are $35 per tire. I though it would be fair to ask for the free road hazard but not a more expensive tire since thats not what I paid for. I dunno maybe im wrong but I feel bad for going in thinking they owe me more than what I originally had

Products Discussed in

To Top