1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Event ideas for offroad club...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Janster, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Apr 30, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    Janster

Janster [OP] Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    As some of you may know (or not), I'm an Events Coordinator for our local Offroad club. It's a small club, with barely enough people to help run it.
    Our time & resources are limited, so we're doing our best.

Aside from our monthly rides & our wheelin 101 trips......
    Meet & Greets are OK - but limited people show up based on location.

The poor economy has affected everyone. And - people can't afford to get out and go wheelin like previous years. People can't afford to do as much. Attendance is limited. I've started advertising for our Wheelin 101's and our monthly rides....to try and gain some new (and possibly) active members. However, I don't feel that's enough.

So - what I'm asking you guys are...
    If you're involved in offroad club, what types of events do you guys have that are inexpensive for everyone? Fun for the whole family? Or non-wheelin events ?. Lookin for some different ideas.... events, anything that will get the folks together for some comroddery. Or even online games.....??
    Keep in mind - things that are EASY to plan (since, I'm the only one to plan this stuff).

Just looking to generate some 'activity' whether it be on the trails, out of the house, on the forum, etc. Figuring.....if people can't wheel as much anymore, then this club needs to morph itself into what people want and can afford to do.

Thanks for any thoughts!

2. Apr 30, 2009 at 6:32 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Tech days to help folks with basic maintenance-save a few bucks on working on the truck (or any other car) and hang out, trail days or community area clean ups/volunteer service- Get some t-shirts-advertise for the club and do some good around town...Maybe find some new members? Summer time is great for BBQ's, picnics with light wheeling maybe??

I hear what you are saying about it being hard to do stuff without being too expensive and what not...I'm sure most of my ideas have come up in some way shape or form already...Good luck!!

3. Apr 30, 2009 at 6:44 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Great idea!

4. Apr 30, 2009 at 6:58 PM
    Janster

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    :thumbsup:
    Ahh Wrench-a-thons!! Forgot about those...and we did a couple of them last year.

The club used to be a lot bigger (5 years ago) and had a lot more people available to organize & host events. we've done all sorts of things in the past. But now, we just don't have the staff that's available to host events as much as we used to.

BBQ's on the trails rides are a big hit. Gotta get some planned.

I need to check-out the PA Cleanways site and some other things.

Keep the ideas coming!

5. May 21, 2009 at 5:07 AM
    Janster

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Anyone do Poker type runs or something similar to that?

Products Discussed in

To Top