1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

just spent 6 hours in the ER

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by wildjerseyfirefighter, May 4, 2009.

1. May 4, 2009 at 8:23 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter [OP] I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    I had some bad stomach problems the past few days so finally i decided to go to the hospital today..After waiting around for about 3-4 hours in the lobby, they called me up to a room. This next part happens in about 3 hours...
    Nurse comes in, draws blood.
    I go for xrays
    ultrasound (they think it could possibly be a gall bladder)

Nurse comes back, argues with me about an IV she never put in, then finally puts one in and gives me some stuff to make my stomach problems go away.

I lay there with an Iv in my arm for about a 1/2 hr and the dr comes in, tells me that im fine, just have the precursor to an ulcer. Gives me a prescription for 15 days and I get discharged.

Damn, some hot nurses also!:cool:

2. May 4, 2009 at 8:30 PM
    MiikeyD

MiikeyD The Green Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    i hate the E.R... i had my wisdom teeth removed and during the process i started having heart pains and chest pressure and sharp pains everyone up there. I got too much anesthetics it was affecting my heart. I get rushed to the E.R and get put on a bed..(keep in mind i have my third tooth half way out with my back gums cut open). the anesthetics wore off and it was the worse pain I have ever experienced. I had to wait another hour in pain before they could help me because someone in the room next to me was in critical condition and i think dying..

3. May 4, 2009 at 8:33 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    thanks..I gotta go to the dentist tomorrow:(

4. May 4, 2009 at 8:40 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    Sorry to hear you had to go in, Hospitals suck

I spent 6 hours in the ER in Dec and they are so backed up here that I didn't even get a room, I was designated as Hallway Patient Station 9 :confused:

They didn't give me a break when it came bill time though, you still get charged like you had an ER room :mad::mad::mad:

5. May 4, 2009 at 8:40 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I have been fortunate enough that when I go to the ER, they take me pretty quickly. :(

6. May 4, 2009 at 8:43 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    agreed. There was so many people there..one lady looked like she was dead when her husband brought her in on a wheelchair, but then she started coughing..sounded nasty to.

One poor girl comes in all by herself, looks like she was/is a cancer patient, had to wear a particle mask

another one comes in with a little girl, whos head was gashed open

some dude comes in with his hand wrapped in a beach towel, covered in blood.

Damn it sucked!

7. May 4, 2009 at 8:44 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    frequent fliers get VIP treatment I guess:D

8. May 4, 2009 at 10:40 PM
    MiikeyD

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    Suspension / Wheels / Tires 3.5" Fabtech lift w/ AAL 265/75/16 BFG A/T American Racing Baja Audio Alpine HU CDA-9886 Kicker DS650 Z-Edition 1000W Memphis M3 US Amps 4000W 2.5Farad Cap Lighting 6000K HID 2 Hella 500FF 2 Aux Bed Lights 2 Aux Driving Lights Performance Volant CAI Flomaster Super 44 Doug Thorley Long Tube headers (coming soon) NGK Iridium Sparkplugs Accessories Scanguage II Cobra LTD27-NW with 3' Firestik Radio Shack Triple Trunking Scanner Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Cosmetics Flat Black Bumper Trim Flat Black Grill Surrounding with Satoshi Clear Corners Future Modifications (not specific) Longtravel w/ king shocks or fox Caged bed Shackles rear suspension. Fox / king shocks custom front bumper Custom Glassworks extreme kit for 01-04 (only have hood and passenger side.. need driver panel) Supercharger + 8port intake manifold optima yellow top battery remounted new rims caged interior rear bench removal 4 sparc
    hahaha someone needs to be careful

9. May 4, 2009 at 10:44 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    IS he sure it aint the swine flu?:rolleyes:

10. May 4, 2009 at 10:48 PM
    MiikeyD

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Upland, CA
    Vehicle:
    Green Prerunner DC 2.7L
    swine flu is bologna sandwich man. im pretty sure more people die of regular flu on the daily than swine flu. The media is just doing this to get our minds off the economy. :)

11. May 4, 2009 at 10:52 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    haha i know I agree completely (hence the sarcastic face). I think a combination of the administration failing and no news brought the swine flu to the front page

Products Discussed in

To Top