Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

help me settle a debate

Old 05-06-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
help me settle a debate

so, i just has this debate with a coworker of mine...

he said, that for ANY gas car/truck (non-hybrid, non-diesel) in city driving that you will only get 290-310 miles out of a tank of gas. when ever i hear someone qualify a statement with "any", "always", "never", "all", "none" etc... i have to question it. so i went to a bunch of automaker websites and came up with several examples that show better than 310 miles on a tank in city driving: (smallest/best fuel economy engines)

scion TC = 350 miles (25mpg x 14 gallons)
nissan sentra = 377 miles (26mpg x 14.5 gallons)
ford f-150 = 390 miles (15mpg x 26gallons)
toyota tacoma = 420 miles (20mpg x 21 gallons)
nissan altima = 460 miles (23mpg x 20 gallons)

so, i showed him these numbers and he came back with "well, thats in a perfect automaker reported world with little traffic, no wind, perfectly inflated tires, etc..."

he would just not budge or admit that maybe he was mistaken.

so what do you guys think?
have any of you ever owned a car/truck that got more than 300 miles out of a tank of gas in city driving?
Old 05-06-2009, 08:36 AM   #2
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
Sure... I had an 01 v10 ford excursion. I got more than 500 miles in the city at 12 MPG. It had a 44 gal tank.

On the highway, I could drive from chicago to columbus ohio and back on a tank of gas.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
All the time. I routinely get +600kms out of my tank and that's all city driving. Wind ect. I'm pretty anal about my tire pressure but everyone SHOULD be.

BTW, that 372 miles for you archaic bastards.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:40 AM   #4
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
My 1997 Honda Del Sol gets 350-390 a tank depending on the gas I run.
This car sips gas, has 122k, and is basically a chopped civic 1.6 4 cyl 5 spd.
Pic is in my gallery.
<--
oh fillup on empty is around 11 gallons.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:56 AM   #5
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
punch your co-worker in the throat...
Old 05-06-2009, 09:01 AM   #6
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
All the time. I routinely get +600kms out of my tank and that's all city driving. Wind ect. I'm pretty anal about my tire pressure but everyone SHOULD be.

Or it's 600kms for you new age, metrosexual, bass ackward canucks.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:53 AM   #9
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
My Wife's car regularly goes 400 miles city driving. I know because that's our daily driver and we fill it like clockwork on Thursdays around the 400 mile mark.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #10
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
I get more than 350 miles from a tank of gas on a regular basis w/ my truck- in the city...
Old 05-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #11
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
Or it's 600kms for you new age, metrosexual, bass ackward canucks.

Your time will come heathen.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #12
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
At least I can change my oil.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #14
International Taco
SIlverSurfer will become famous soon enough
Navy: Joint Forces Command
SIlverSurfer's Tacoma Gallery
He made an absolute statement about a variable, he's a douche bag
Old 05-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #16
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
amazing I wouldnt get anything close to that city driving. Maby your bleeding the tank dry, cause i usually leave a good 1/8 to 1/4 tank when i fill up.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:04 PM   #17
knickerbocker is on a distinguished road

knickerbocker's Tacoma Gallery
well, i'll help the debate from the other end of the scale...i only get about 200-240 miles per tank for city driving. so there, that's WAY less than your co-worker says i should get!

so by the way, how in freak is anybody going 150 miles further on a tank than me? i drive so incredibly light-footed...my grandmother drives more aggressively than me.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #18
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neontrail View Post
punch your co-worker in the throat...
+1 than drop kick him
Old 05-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #19
Wish i was wheelin
TengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTengoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TengoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Your time will come heathen.

Ive never been afraid of hats

Old 05-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #20
fixedforbroke is an unknown quantity at this point

fixedforbroke's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
At least I can change my oil.
Krazie Sj, Your never going to live that down, as funny as it was and as entertaining as it was, your never living that down