Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Anyone else like junk as much as I do?

Old 05-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else like junk as much as I do?

I was out in the shop last night and had one of those moments when I realized that holy crap- I have a lot of junk sitting around. Things like small engine parts, carburetors, electronic bits and pieces, a bazillion half-used cans of spray paint, engine cleaner, and other cans of stuff, and other utterly worthless things. But yet I can't bring myself to throw any of the stuff away. The worst part is that I rent and someday it'll probably all have to go away anyway.

Anyone else have my disease?
Old 05-13-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
My Dad suffers from it. I can't stand it.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I suffer from this affliction as well.....
Old 05-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately, my grandparents and parents have passed that disease on down to me as well.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwilson1977 View Post
I was out in the shop last night and had one of those moments when I realized that holy crap- I have a lot of junk sitting around. Things like small engine parts, carburetors, electronic bits and pieces, a bazillion half-used cans of spray paint, engine cleaner, and other cans of stuff, and other utterly worthless things. But yet I can't bring myself to throw any of the stuff away. The worst part is that I rent and someday it'll probably all have to go away anyway.

Anyone else have my disease?
Oh yes, not only that but a pack rat. I save stuff just because I feel I may need it some day.

I can barely walk through my garage.

Marc M
Old 05-13-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
JPinCowtown is on a distinguished road
JPinCowtown's Tacoma Gallery
I used to be that way - until I moved a few years ago and had to deal with a decade's worth of accumulated junk in my garage and attic - I got rid of two trailer loads of stuff. I have since gone to the opposite extreme - I am clutterphobic. I used to save things I didn't need - now I occasionally throw away things I wish I hadn't all in the quest to keep a tidy garage and shop...
Old 05-13-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
Canadian Member
Scooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedScooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Scooter's Tacoma Gallery
Unfortunately, I have the same disease. The worse thing is, I finally did some cleaning uplast year, and one item I threw out is a passenger assist handle from a car I had traded in 15 years ago. It sat in my pile of junk for 15 years, and I finally threw it out. Then, a couple of months ago, I found a use for it, but forgot I threw it out. I spent two hours looking for it before I remembered throwing it out. When that happens, it just perpetuates the disease.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:11 AM   #9
bobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbobwilson1977 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bobwilson1977's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh yes, not only that but a pack rat. I save stuff just because I feel I may need it some day.
The thing is that this often becomes true. I NEVER throw away nuts, bolts, screws, or other useful pieces.

Here's the thing though. I used to be Mr. Neat-o-holic. I still am to a degree, but then I married my Wife, who is a class-A packrat. She saves EVERYTHING. There's little piles of stuff everywhere. I have learned to leave these piles alone and keep my areas neat. But the garage on the other hand has all my junk. I suppose one good thing is that the garage is really a shed and as such, there's only so much that will fit in there, thus limiting my collecting ability.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:58 PM   #10
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
I have pathways going through my basement... its bad.. really bad. Parts from cars I dont have anymore. Enough parts for 3 jet ski engines. A LOT of old tools passed down to me. Some random sporting equipment. And a whole lot of misc stuff
Old 05-13-2009, 02:03 PM   #11
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I have this problem, but I'm getting better.

I think I just hit a critical limit and now the garage is getting emptier and emptier. I have a few weeks before we start assessing what to do with the garage, so I need to get it in decent shape.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #12
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
im not horrible, but I do have some useless stuff laying around...slowly but surely im throwing it out..im tired of shifting it from side to side and out of my way
Old 05-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #13
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjerseyfirefighter View Post
im not horrible, but I do have some useless stuff laying around...slowly but surely im throwing it out..im tired of shifting it from side to side and out of my way
I normally just let my junk hang out right down the middle
Old 05-13-2009, 02:31 PM   #14
cntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shedcntstan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck
cntstan's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have any "worthless" junk. One day I WILL sharpen all those broken drill bits and I'm absolutely positive that I'll use those 2" scraps of 2X4's for something. I also may NEED the leftover steel scraps for something important. My wife on the other hand has all sorts of crap laying around, I don't have a problem throwing that stuff out..........at least until she gets home.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #15
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
My dad is a pack rat and a neat freak. He doesn't throw anything away unless its completely necessary or either my mom or I will tell him to throw it away...... PLEASE!