Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Credit Score Checking

Old 12-11-2006, 01:52 PM   #1
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Credit Score Checking

I was discussing with a friend about the effect on your credit score of checking your score too often, or having various dealers/banks checking your score as well. Supposedly, you shouldn't have your score checked or requested more than x times a month or something like that. Can anyone shed some light on this?? Thx.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:21 PM   #2
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
every time you check your credit they take out 3 points. the best way in checking your score without penalty is when your credit is pulled by any company you have 2weeks of requesting the info. also certain months of the year three credit bureaus allow their customers to pull their credit for free and no penalties. hope this helps.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #3
whitjr is on a distinguished road
whitjr's Tacoma Gallery
Credit Score Checking

Your score(s), sometimes referred as a "FICO" score is named after Fair Isaac Co that developed the complex formula and guarded it for years like the Hope diamond. Today good info is available at sites like myfico.com under "learn". It's a pretty complex formula made up of a ton of criteria including age of accounts, payment history, inquiries past 24 months etc. but also how you use the credit you have or "utilization" of revolving credit. It is best to only use around 20%-25% of the available credit. Today's scoring system is supposed to weed out multiple inquiries from let's say auto dealers in a short period of time such as when you might be shopping for a car loan etc. However a great deal of inquiries (or credit pulls) can have an impact on scores as would new credit lines but go online and you can get detailed descriptions of how different things will affect your score. Good luck.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
Chester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant future

Chester's Tacoma Gallery
www.annualcreditreport.com
fed law you can check it for free once a year and you are charged no point either.it gives you all 3 reports and is totally free no signing for for shit
Old 03-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
Annualcreditreport.com
fed law you can check it for free once a year and you are charged no point either.it gives you all 3 reports and is totally free no signing for for shit
wow...dead thread fail.....

and section fail by bobbo..what kinda shady admins run this place?
Old 03-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester View Post
Annualcreditreport.com

This won't give you your actual FICO score, however. I cycle through the three reports available during the year, just to be safe. Checking your credit this way has ZERO impact on your credit score but you won't actually know your credit score either. All three of the reporting agencies will allow you to buy your credit score during the free credit report process... it's usually like $8 or something like that and this option also doesn't impact your credit score.

Having a 3rd party query your credit score just to provide it for you can impact your score overall, since they likely will pull the information as if you've applied for credit to get the full report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post

damn, I didn't even see the 2006 date
Old 03-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

At least the old ones are less repetetive.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
At least the old ones are less repetetive.
true....i dont hink i've ever seen a credit score post on here...or just never cared
Old 03-02-2010, 07:50 PM   #9
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
true....i dont hink i've ever seen a credit score post on here
That's because you were probably looking in the right subforum.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:51 PM   #10
Chester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant future

Chester's Tacoma Gallery
Wow,out of town screwing with my phone tired of reading rust or anyother stupid issue post
Old 03-02-2010, 07:55 PM   #11

Chester's Tacoma Gallery
iPhone took me to page949 LOL by lunch tomorrow should be a 1000 pages of old info nobody bothers to search before they make a post
Old 03-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #12
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
I pay 15 a month to hve unlimited access to my report and FICO score. I also get the alerts and stuff. i do the Freecreditreport.com thing. i have had it for a couple years now and its worth it. you always know wat is going on. you checing yur own credit report never hurts you. its only when someone else makes an inquiry.

I jsut bought a car and between thedealer and my bank making an inquiry and my debt income ratio changing it dropped 12 points.