Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

job opportunity help

Old 06-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
job opportunity help

Ok i wanna get some opinions from the older folks or anyone whos been through something like this its gonna be long so bear with me. right now i work at a warehouse driving a forklift, been there for about 2 years since i got outta highschool. theres low chances of advancing to a supervisor or anything its pretty much a dead end job, and i know that. All my other friends are going to school and all that and i kinda feel like a waste, even though i work my butt off.

Weve had an electrical business in the family for 30 some years now that my pap started, ive worked with my dad a few times and its not to bad, but also not very interesting. Anyway my mom came home today and said hey were gonna hire 2 young guys, do you want to be one of them. there going to send me to school, 2 nights a week, and pay for it all. id be back on daylight which i want i hate working midnights right now, and id actually have a career going that will pretty much always be in demend which is the biggest thing.

Now your probly thinking hell yes your an idiot take the job. Im just not sure its something id want to do for the rest of my life. But also at the same time i just dont think i can pass something like this up. I have about a week to decide. I need some advice/opinions here. Do i just go for it and see what happens, i guess i could end up liking it you never know
Old 06-10-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
i think u pretty much answered your own question, but hell yeah u should take the offer. may not come around again!
Old 06-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #4
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know man, i would say take it, if it sounds like a good opportunity....
Old 06-10-2009, 06:01 PM   #5
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
My dad has been an electrician for almost 40 yrs.

He started like you're talking about.....residential....commercial....a little industrial.

Then he went to the mines here as an industrial electrician. Now he's been an electrical boss for almost 17yrs. But he LOVES electrical work....my science projects were always electrical experiments, he's always helping friends wire their shops & stuff.

So basically you can go pretty far as an electrician. My dad (KNOCK ON WOOD) has NEVER been unemployed. Always electrical work to be done around this part of the country.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #6
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
i think u pretty much answered your own question, but hell yeah u should take the offer. may not come around again!
x2

even if you get into it and decide another 2 or 4 years down the road that its not for you...you still have 4-6 years of steady employment under your belt and some good experience
Old 06-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #7
REVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant futureREVHARD25 has a brilliant future

REVHARD25's Tacoma Gallery
Hello!!! Take it!! Free job training and a job in this economy..if you don't i will:d
Old 06-10-2009, 06:07 PM   #8
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
TAKE THE JOB. electrical work is a really good job great hours benefits and pay.its really hard to find one around where i live so im moving down to San Diego California this fall for a company that is will to hire me. since i work at a grocery store im stoke about getting it.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #9
ClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedClemsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Army Guard 31B
Name: Cam
ClemsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
do it- i wish i had a job...its hard for a never before employed 15 yo to get a job in this economy, and i dont think its going to get better...and the wharehouse job you might not have in a few years!
Old 06-10-2009, 06:14 PM   #10
$DO WORK$
gouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgouge44 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
gouge44's Tacoma Gallery
u might really get into it and love it, plus you can do it get some money for now, the economy changes back to being good and u find a job u really wana do and love
Old 06-10-2009, 06:15 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
hell yeah take the job man!!!! you answered for yourself already when you sdaid you were in a dead end job, and you hate working nights. and who knows...you may find somethign better on down the road...........doesnt mean you have to keep this one forever, but you may end up liking it and staying with it and having room for advancement.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:49 PM   #12
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma08MZ View Post
Ok i wanna get some opinions from the older folks or anyone whos been through something like this its gonna be long so bear with me. right now i work at a warehouse driving a forklift, been there for about 2 years since i got outta highschool. theres low chances of advancing to a supervisor or anything its pretty much a dead end job, and i know that. All my other friends are going to school and all that and i kinda feel like a waste, even though i work my butt off.

Weve had an electrical business in the family for 30 some years now that my pap started, ive worked with my dad a few times and its not to bad, but also not very interesting. Anyway my mom came home today and said hey were gonna hire 2 young guys, do you want to be one of them. there going to send me to school, 2 nights a week, and pay for it all. id be back on daylight which i want i hate working midnights right now, and id actually have a career going that will pretty much always be in demend which is the biggest thing.

Now your probly thinking hell yes your an idiot take the job. Im just not sure its something id want to do for the rest of my life. But also at the same time i just dont think i can pass something like this up. I have about a week to decide. I need some advice/opinions here. Do i just go for it and see what happens, i guess i could end up liking it you never know
I think everyone was distracted by your avatar and forgot you even posted anything

But I am in the same position. Right now I am doing mediocre in engineering school. I did not know what I wanted to do with my life so I decided to try to get into one of the hardest disciplines here. I have figured out what want to do, and it doesn't really take a degree to do it. But no matter what the degree, it always makes you look better.

I reccomend you go to school for free and if you don't like your job, you can always change. The degree always give you something to fall back on!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #13
tacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud oftacoma08MZ has much to be proud of

Name: Levi
tacoma08MZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgerm View Post
I think everyone was distracted by your avatar and forgot you even posted anything

But I am in the same position. Right now I am doing mediocre in engineering school. I did not know what I wanted to do with my life so I decided to try to get into one of the hardest disciplines here. I have figured out what want to do, and it doesn't really take a degree to do it. But no matter what the degree, it always makes you look better.

I reccomend you go to school for free and if you don't like your job, you can always change. The degree always give you something to fall back on!
haha yea im proud of the ass i get to see all the time but thats beside the point....

thanks for the input everyone, yea i think id be stupid not to take it. the way the economy is right now im lucky to even have this chance. its def worth a shot. if i dont like it in 2-3 years ill still be young enough to get into something else