1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Arggghhhh stupid friend/DMV/credit card story

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Metallikatz3, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Jun 18, 2009 at 4:52 PM
    Metallikatz3

Metallikatz3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB OR
    Always in process
    Ok.. so i get a call today from one of my good friends. She got pulled over and her registration was expired, ok so she's a dumbass for not renewing it in time. She got pulled over today about a mile from my work and the cop wouldn't let her leave till she had someone pay her reinstatement fee for the registration. Turns out you have to do it online. So the cop comes with her to my work, she has cash to cover it but no credit card. So i say fine, I'll put it on my card and take the cash no big deal.

So i do all online BS and hit submit. Comes back and says my card was declined. Ok that's weird, I'm no where near my limit. So i try it again figuring i typed my card number wrong. Same thing. Try it again. Declined again.

So she gets her dad to do it and goes on her way. I get a call from Citi bank saying that they suspect fraud on my credit card. Turns out that they actually charged me everytime without ever giving me any confirmation. WTF!! So i have $300 worth of charges on my card now and nothing I can do about it at the moment.

I gotta call the DMV tomorrow to see if they can reverse the charges. If not i gotta dispute the charges at the end of the month.

I try to do a little favor that should have been simple and look what i get for being a nice guy. FML

Products Discussed in

To Top