1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I played tow truck driver last night/don't drink and drive story

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Metallikatz3, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Jun 18, 2009 at 4:57 PM
    Metallikatz3

Metallikatz3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB OR
    Always in process
    So i was out at my usual bar last night with a few buddies. I get home around 1:30 and go to sleep then get woken up by one of my friends around 2:30. He spun his S-10 into a ditch about half a mile away from his house. It was raining and there was a gravel patch in the turn so it was bad anyway. But thankfully he didn't get hurt and didn't hit anything big or even really damage his truck.

I don't know how much he had to drink that night but by the time I got there around 3 he was still a little buzzed. So we hook up the trucks with a tow strap and i drag his truck out after he got high centered on the edge of the ditch.

Then i gotta drive his truck back to his house.. walk back to my truck and finally home to bed around 4... damn that was a late night.

2. Jun 18, 2009 at 5:12 PM
    higherlux

higherlux Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    middle of S.C.
    Vehicle:
    1998 tacoma 2.7l 4wd/1986 POS
    Mall crawler status
    sounds like fun
    what are good friends like u for?

3. Jun 18, 2009 at 5:18 PM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    dont worry good friends know that one day its going to be there turn
    :D

4. Jun 18, 2009 at 5:19 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    I hope you ripped into him. Some people just don't get it.
    He got lucky you got there before a cop showed up. Good job!

5. Jun 18, 2009 at 9:15 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Kick his goddamn ass. And then proceed to tell his dumb ass that, that's a fraction of the pain he and other people would feel had he hit or killed someone.

If I ever catch any of my friends doing that, I'm beating them with a baseball bat within an inch of their life.

6. Jun 18, 2009 at 9:18 PM
    Rangerpeterson

Rangerpeterson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    X2... he should be happy to have a good friend

7. Jun 18, 2009 at 9:19 PM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    X2!

Products Discussed in

To Top