1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

You think Texans are crazy, you guessed right!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by MotoXFreeStyle61, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Nov 26, 2007 at 7:32 PM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

MotoXFreeStyle61 [OP] Displaced Texan

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 4Cyl, Access Cab, 5
    Black Head Light Mod, Tacoma All Weather Mats, ScanGauge II, Tonnaeu Bed Cover, 40% Tint, Added Fog Lights, 600W x 1 Alpine MRP-M650 Amp, Alpine 10" Type-R SWR-1022D Sub, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Day Time Running Lights, K&N Drop In Air Filter (oiled), Westin Bullbar (Black Powder), Alpine IVA-W505 w/Nav, JL Audio 6.5" Front Speakers, Toyota SR5 Seat Covers, 2.5" Toytec Spacer
  2. Nov 29, 2007 at 4:08 PM
    vivafire

vivafire Well-Known Member

Member:
    Galveston,Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6
    Add N-Fab side steps-debaged,cat-back exhaust from MagnaFlow and a Stage 2 intake system from AFE
    You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands

3. Nov 29, 2007 at 6:46 PM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    Black Head Light Mod, Tacoma All Weather Mats, ScanGauge II, Tonnaeu Bed Cover, 40% Tint, Added Fog Lights, 600W x 1 Alpine MRP-M650 Amp, Alpine 10" Type-R SWR-1022D Sub, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Day Time Running Lights, K&N Drop In Air Filter (oiled), Westin Bullbar (Black Powder), Alpine IVA-W505 w/Nav, JL Audio 6.5" Front Speakers, Toyota SR5 Seat Covers, 2.5" Toytec Spacer
  4. Nov 29, 2007 at 7:10 PM
    Dcrooks84

Dcrooks84 Sir Anal Loin of Beef

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    05 double cab SR5 Pkg #8 lng bd 4X4
    Removed secondary air filter, Fog light anytime, Map light mod, Scan Gauge II, Polished Stainless Steel Westin E-Series Bull Bar, Black GrilleCraft Grille, Borla CatBack Exhaust
    That man better go free! If I see someone breaking into houses around me I'm gonna sit on my porch with a few choice weapons. There is no way that I'm gonna let it happen and just open it up to anyone that thinks it will be easy pickings.

5. Nov 29, 2007 at 7:18 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I heard the clip on Walton & Johnson a week or two ago. It was hilarious. If my neighbor asks me to keep an eye on his house, I am going to assume the right to shoot a home intruder in my house or the house that I am responsible for.

6. Nov 30, 2007 at 1:48 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    That man had every right to do what he did. It's real simple, if you dont want to get shot, dont break into a house..... especially in a red state! people who do shit like that know what they are getting into. When you get on a plane you know there is a chance of crashing. When you scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef, you know there is a chance of being bitten by a shark, when you drive a car you know there is a chance you'll hit a tree, and when you rob a house or mug someone you should know there is a chance you'll get shot. They knew the risk and did it anyway, oh well, two less criminals in the world....

7. Nov 30, 2007 at 2:10 PM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    Supposedly the family of one of the criminals is all up in arms because he has a newly born daughter and that he shouldn't have been killed. Once again here is another case of where a family does not hold their people accountable. It's a shame, it's almost as if they are trying to justify it. :mad:

8. Nov 30, 2007 at 4:15 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    you damn right about that there nd!! its a guaranteed fact......some jackass breaks into my house........his ass is dead man!!! i DO NOT play when it comes to the safety of my wife (and property)!!! i got a .38 with hollow points right beside my bed!!! and my 12 gauge not too far away.........all i can say to anyone trying to get back out.....GOOD LUCK:D!

9. Dec 2, 2007 at 5:54 PM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
  10. Dec 3, 2007 at 9:02 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    I have a police issue Glock .40 with the high capacity magazine and tritium (sp) night sites within quick reach of my bed. If anyone breaks in to my house they're gonna not gonna be too happy about it.

11. Dec 3, 2007 at 9:08 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    I read that article. this quote from "Quanell X" got to me....

“It’s a matter of justice. It’s a matter of fairness. It’s a matter of respecting the law,” he said.

He talks about respecting the law but what about the guys that got shot while breaking the law? THEY WERE BREAKING THE LAW!!! I swear i dont understand how people can defend criminals. The only problem i see is that Horn seemed so dead set on killing them. I think that may hurt him in his trial. If he killed them thats one thing. But saying to the 911 operator "Wanna make a bet" really doesn't look good for him. Unfortunately he may get into some trouble over this. Keep us updated on this thread Moto, i'd like to follow this.

12. Dec 3, 2007 at 1:45 PM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, thats something that my instructor really drilled at us during my Concealed Handgun Course. You never "shoot to kill" or "shoot to wound". You only "shoot to stop." If you're not going to do that, then at least don't vocalize it. I agree, if he does go to trial, the prosecutor will have a hay day about it.

13. Dec 8, 2007 at 11:10 AM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    Here's an update on the case. Apparently the 2 burglers were illegal immigrants from Columbia. Autopsy reports indicate that one of them was shot in the back. This might put a hole in Horn's case of self-defense. More than likely a grand jury will side with Horn, if he goes to trial.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5362232.html

14. Dec 8, 2007 at 12:02 PM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    It really is that simple.Hard working,law abiding,peaceful people should not have to sit idly by and be victimized.I'm afraid this case is going to get very complicated for Horn,but the simple fact of the matter was that he didn't start this,but he sure as hell ended it.

15. Dec 8, 2007 at 12:27 PM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    I'll play devil's advocate even though I agree with you. People that are going to go against this will say that hard working, law abiding, peaceful people are not trained to take the law in their own hands. Which is why we have a police force. The average person is not trained to make those decisions on a day to day basis. But then again would if someone who at least had a concealed handgun license could have stopped the deaths of 7+ people and many more wounded in the mall of Omaha NE, is that justified for a non trained civilian to take the law in his own hands? You bet your ass it is. This case for Horn is going to turn ugly really fast. Anti-gun activist and the pro-gun activist will be at each others throats. Politicians will try to politicize this in their own favor. And unfortunately race and ethnicity has already been brought up in this case, so racism will once again be another factor in judicial proceedings. :mad:

16. Dec 8, 2007 at 12:59 PM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    MotoX,you raise excellent points.This case has and will continue to spin uncontrollably into a political sideshow.I agree that the lines will be blurry between self-defense and vigilanteism.I'm reminded of the Bernard Goetz "Subway vigilante" case:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernhard_Goetz

Another unfortunate incident where a bunch of lives were destroyed by the actions of people intent on committing crimes against people intent on not allowing it.....There are a number of people that I feel badly for here...the two deceased are not among them.

17. Dec 10, 2007 at 10:40 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Thansk for the update Moto. I'd appreciate it if you kept posting the updates as you see them. I still dont have a problem with what horn did, but the things he said on the 911 call and the fact taht they look like they have been shot inthe back may not go well for him.

18. Dec 10, 2007 at 2:07 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    i'd have taken out a kneecap...then if they "showed force", then i'd have aimed 4 feet higher!

19. Dec 10, 2007 at 2:10 PM
    2003greenbean

2003greenbean Carolina Alliance Costal Div

Member:
    socaste,sc
    Vehicle:
    03 trd
    cold air intake, step bars, custom grill, 3in lift,12 in audiobahn sub, 285/75/16 procomp tires, 20% tint,
    i would have done the same thing i have a 12ga loaded next to the bed in case i ever have to

20. Dec 12, 2007 at 1:56 AM
    vivafire

vivafire Well-Known Member

Member:
    Galveston,Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6
    Add N-Fab side steps-debaged,cat-back exhaust from MagnaFlow and a Stage 2 intake system from AFE
    Yeh if he did not say what he did on the 911 call it might have been as big as it is now.

Products Discussed in

To Top