1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone worry a lot?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by bobwilson1977, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Jun 24, 2009 at 7:53 AM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    Nothing to do with trucks. More of a psychological thread. Anyway, my Grandad used to worry about everything. As in we would get calls at 2:00 AM because he was worried about his teeth, urinary tract, or some other thing. That or he was always furious about the property line and sure the neighbor was part of some conspiracy. But he was in his 90's so what the hell- he was old.

Anyway, I find myself worrying about crap all the time. If its not one thing, its another thing. I used to worry a lot about bird flu, then it was high housing prices, then it was swine flu, and now its North Korea. Basically things that I have no control over and can't do anything about. I wind up waking up at 3:00 in the morning and I just stay awake thinking about the worst case scenarios. Then its time to get up and wallah- I had 4-5 hours of sleep.

I'd consider myself to be a logical person and when I talk myself through these issues, I can easily see the likely outcome of each. I can also deduce that a lot of these fears are unfounded and probably not the huge disaster I foresee. But then if I think about it too much, I can really get myself kind of worked up about it.

So ya- I'm pretty much turning into my Grandad and I'm only 31 year old. Lord have mercy. Sorry for spilling that all over the forum. Thanks for reading my rant.

2. Jun 24, 2009 at 7:55 AM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    i had a time in my life when i felt like that. the doctor prescribed me paxil and it worked great. i didnt stay on it long but it worked while it lasted.

3. Jun 24, 2009 at 7:57 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    I have a buddy that is very similar to you. He now takes anxiety meds. Nothing serious just to help him sleep. Only a few know about this pretty much just his wife and I. He does his worring in his sleep and it wakes him up causing him to have a rapid heart beat. They told him to try some exercising/stretching then relaxing before bed. Started around 21yrs old, he was on the meds for a short time. Now 26 with no troubles, or slight one but he has learned to cope.

4. Jun 24, 2009 at 7:58 AM
    BeardedTaco

BeardedTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Banks Cat-Back Exhaust, K&N Drop In Filter
    I usually worry a lot when I'm working on a project or have a deadline to meet. Otherwise I think is normal to worry to some extent about the issues above. If it becomes overwhelming you may want to see a doctor since there may be other underlying issues.

5. Jun 24, 2009 at 7:58 AM
    bobwilson1977

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    Ya... I've thought about that too. But I'm not sure if I want to be on any kind of drug because I have to be super alert and on the ball at my job. That and I am concerned about some of these drugs out there and whether someday they will find unforeseen health effects from them.

6. Jun 24, 2009 at 7:59 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    might be some sort of generalized anxiety disorder...you should get it checked out so the stress doesn't overwhelm you

7. Jun 24, 2009 at 7:59 AM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    Money. More specifically lack of it. Had to take 4 hours off Monday cause of the child, and all day off today, no pay. And next week I gotta come up with the mortgage and truck payment.

If I let myself think about it all day I'd end up in the loony bin for my own protection.

8. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:00 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Honestly I think if you tried some reccomended by people that have actually used them you would be extremely happy. My buddy was on them for a few months, less than a yr. then he quit with no troubles.

9. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:00 AM
    bobwilson1977

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    Interesting that you mentioned that. The last 2 weeks have been crazy insane busy for me. I've been working 12 to 14 hours a day plus weekends. Its a huge project and I've been putting the pedal to the metal all day. Perhaps that might have something to do with it. Either way the project will be done Friday then me and my wife are heading to the mountains.

10. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:03 AM
    BeardedTaco

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD Sport
    I agree. You also have to be extra careful since some doctors out there are quick to medicate you. Not to mention that there could always be some side effects with these kind of meds. First I would try other ways to relax and clear your mind before going to bed. Maybe it would help reduce some the anxiety or whatever is causing you to worry.

11. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:07 AM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    i used to not like the idea of having to take a drug in order to be normal - at least thats how i saw it. then i thought about my aunt and grandma have diabetes and the fact that without drugs they would have died a long time ago. its amazing what science has created for us and how drugs not only help people to feel normal but to stay alive as well.

12. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:08 AM
    bobwilson1977

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    One thing I have tried and kind of forgot about was taking melatonin. Its basically a chemical that your brain produces to make you tired. I tried it and the nice thing is that you don't feel drugged up. Maybe I'll get some of those at the pharmacy tonight.

13. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:10 AM
    bobwilson1977

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    My brother was on some sort of medication for 5-6 years. It did do wonders for him. Then he kind of grew out of his problems. I see both sides of it. On one hand, your adolescent years are meant to be hard. You have a lot of chemicals that are floating around your system and you have to learn how to deal with them and adapt. But on the other hand balancing that out with drugs could also help them be more productive and positive in school. So the pendulum swings both ways.

14. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:12 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    I think when your project is over and you check out the mountains, you'll be back to normal.

15. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:13 AM
    rutherk1

rutherk1 ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Silver TRD 4door
    I worry a lot. Even more now that I have kids. It helps that I decided that its unfair to them as it can be incapacitating at times. I also don't want to be one of those guys on his death bed that wishes he hadn't worried about everything in life.

Most of everything is just simply out of our control.

16. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:14 AM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    I've had anxiety before, it gets you nutz, you need to learn how to control it, because sometimes anxiety turns into depression, it happened to me, i struggled my way out without any pills, and it lasted about 8 months for me....

17. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:15 AM
    HerNameIsLucy

HerNameIsLucy I miss Lucy. :-(

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Equador. Don't know why.
    Vehicle:
    RIP Lucy.
    She's gone but not forgotten.
    Sign I got up in the kitchen, don't know who wrote it:

If nothing can be done about a situation, then worrying will not help.
    If something can be done about a situation, there is no need to worry.

Helps now and then.

18. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:20 AM
    BeardedTaco

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner TRD Sport
    I agree. I have used the anti-anxiety meds and rx sleeping aids in the past and they definitely have helped. Personally I used these has my last option after trying other ways to reduce my stress levels like a better diet and more exercise. In a hectic world it is easy to get overwhelmed by the day to day antics.

19. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:36 AM
    bobwilson1977

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    I appreciate everyone's feedback. Thanks guys.

20. Jun 24, 2009 at 8:41 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:

I really like that.

Products Discussed in

To Top