1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Business Ideas

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Pster, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Jun 26, 2009 at 4:28 PM
    Pster

Pster [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Got any? I am very interested in hearing about good ideas on business or new product ideas. For instance....try to find metal or steel bed slats......I am working on making 1x3 metal rectangular tube slats for king beds which would not require any type of center support. Ever had your slats slide off their support ledges? Tired of not being able to move or slide your king bed because of those incredibly stupid and cheap wood slats with metal support legs? Sometimes the dumbest ideas get the $$. I have money to invest, and I am very, very accomplished at financing and business plans. It's my career. Familiar with all debt markets......

I am a frustrated inventor, actually. :D

2. Jun 26, 2009 at 4:55 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Machinist? I'm sure Greysky72 could help you out. ;)

3. Jun 27, 2009 at 5:36 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
  4. Jun 27, 2009 at 5:45 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    I kinda wonder this too. :)

5. Jun 27, 2009 at 5:54 AM
    Pster

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    :pout:You guys outted me. I am Billy Mays.

6. Jun 27, 2009 at 5:55 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    YOU OWE ME $40.00!!!!

I bought the Super Slicer, and all it did was turn Tomatos into Catsup! :mad:

:D

7. Jun 27, 2009 at 5:57 AM
    Pster

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Crikey! You paid $40? They shorted me on my commissions!!!!!!!!!:(

8. Jun 27, 2009 at 5:59 AM
    Pster

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    My next project is to develop a "rubber non slip mat" that neatly fits over the top of the tailgate to cushion long items resting on it......I'll just have to keep it to myself I guess. Sigh.

9. Jun 27, 2009 at 6:00 AM
    chris4x4

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    Well...It was like $19.99, but I got suckered into buying some other stupid thing that would "Compliment" it....or some shit. :eek:

10. Jun 27, 2009 at 6:27 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    So you are looking for other people to come up with ideas, and then capitalize on their idea? hmmm...
    I invented a time masheen once.. But it's at costco now, and breaks down alot..

11. Jun 27, 2009 at 6:36 AM
    Pster

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Good morning Jeff! Top of the day to ya! No.......I'm actually looking for something to develop, manufacture and sell after I retire. I am more interested in providing a product people need and want. I don't want to lose money, but it's really something more of a hobby to keep me busy. You may not be familiar with partnership agreements.

12. Jun 27, 2009 at 6:58 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    I have 2 ($10 retail) items/ideas that would sale MILLIONS of units. One is for anyone that uses a computer and One is used in the shower. Very simple designs and CHEAP as hell to make. I just dont know where to go and how to protect my idea.

13. Jun 27, 2009 at 7:52 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    Have you guys watched the show Pitchmen?

When I saw the ads on TV for the show, I immediately thought ...oh how STUPID!! But after you watch it, its a neat show.

It's definately a neat way for an inventor to take their products to the next level and get them 'noticed' & make bookoo bucks. Some of the stuff is kinda cheesy while other stuff is really neat. They won't market something if they don't think it'll 'make it'. If they think it has potential, they'll run test markets. They'll actually help redesign something if it doesn't meet federal (or whatever) requirements, and they'll help get it mass marketed also.

14. Jun 27, 2009 at 7:54 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    I LOVE the show! Never miss it. Billy is a major dork, but actually a cool dude.

15. Jun 27, 2009 at 7:58 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    :headbang:

DORK is an understatement!! He's a WUSS!

16. Jun 27, 2009 at 8:09 AM
    Pster

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    PRODUCT...PRODUCT...PRODUCT. It's the PRODUCT that sells. The Pitchmen are gimmicks. I would HATE to have a product that needed a Billy Mays to sell. it. When I see him or his ilk selling something, I turn the channel. He sells "sell", he doesn't sell "the product".

17. Jun 27, 2009 at 8:27 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    True....and I thought the same thing until after watching the show on TV.

But if you have a potential product that you've tried & tried to market yourself without any results ... Those guys are probably the best way to get the product noticed and a potential way to make BIG bucks.

Why wouldn't you go that route if all other routes have failed you?

They're massive and can reach millions of poeple. Ultimately, that's what you need.

The only down-side, is those guys only work with products that are inexpensive. And by rights...they want to make money also. People don't want to spend money on big dollar items.

18. Jun 27, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    Pster

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    They take a huge $ cut!! Much cheaper to actually hire a marketing person to develop a Marketing Plan and find the best advertising and selling vehicles. Billy Mays and company are mass broad marketers. They are good for some things.

Products Discussed in

To Top