Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Off-Topic Discussion

Notices

Should've bought a boat.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:56 PM   #1
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Should've bought a boat.

For those in the dark. We got hammered with rain and hurricane force winds from the Pineapple Express the last 2 days (mainly Sunday night/Monday) and Oregon and Washington are in states of emergency. Centralia is almost completely underwater and WA closed a 20 mile section of I-5 that is currently 10 feet under water (snorkel anyone) and parts of the WA southwest coast are flooded, without power and communications. Monday and throughout today the Oregon coastline was unreachable from I-5 with road closures from power lines and trees. Hell for us to get to Portland if we had to we would have to take a 440 mile detour.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
We got hammered with rain and hurricane force winds from the Pineapple Express the last 2 days .......
I heard about Oregon yesterday but Washington, I didn't know about. Wow, that is terrible news.

Sorry Banshee, I cant give you positive rep for such bad news. Negative rep is more appropriate, I think.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:40 PM   #3
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
WOW that looks nasty. sorry about your luck banshee. i hope it gets back to normal soon. oh chit i just noticed you have a new fj. how do you like it?
Old 12-05-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
I heard about Oregon yesterday but Washington, I didn't know about. Wow, that is terrible news.

Sorry Banshee, I cant give you positive rep for such bad news. Negative rep is more appropriate, I think.
I'm surprised you didn't blame all that on Bush.... he does control the weather you know...
Old 12-05-2007, 01:43 PM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
holy crap.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:16 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
sorry ya'll got so much rain up there.....i just wish we had half of that here man!! not really any rain to speak of here since the end of june....beginning of july!!
Old 12-05-2007, 03:36 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i just wish we had half of that here man!!
i agree we need rain bad
Old 12-05-2007, 04:19 PM   #8
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I'm surprised you didn't blame all that on Bush.... ..
Shut up Fluffy . I'm not intoxicated to fall for that. He wouldn't do that to Washington. If he could, he would do it to the Carolina's so all you drunk red necks can go cat fish noodling and wallow in the mud and the women can mud wrestle.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:28 PM   #9
Born to Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003greenbean View Post
i agree we need rain bad
Hahaha the Alliance not only sucks but reeks right about now. They need to be hosed down pretty badly. Stinking Carolina Alliance Sucks
Old 12-05-2007, 07:20 PM   #10
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Banshee that really sucks, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, be well.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:04 AM   #11
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Now Toyota and Ford: Getting into the submarine biz.

Still ptretty bad up here, areas are starting to get comms and power. I wasn't affected by it other that increased workload. The coast and outlying areas got hit hard. I-5 still closed and wont be open until at least, after this coming weekend.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:37 AM   #12
Born to Ride

Banshee, how are you doing and how are you getting around. Is that guy in the boat the US Coast Guard?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:41 AM   #13
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Shut up Fluffy . I'm not intoxicated to fall for that. He wouldn't do that to Washington. If he could, he would do it to the Carolina's so all you drunk red necks can go cat fish noodling and wallow in the mud and the women can mud wrestle.
Fluffy? is that my new name now? plus, drunk rednecks noodling and women mud wrestling doesn't sound bad at all.... wanna join us?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:42 AM   #14

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Still ptretty bad up here, areas are starting to get comms and power. I wasn't affected by it other that increased workload. The coast and outlying areas got hit hard. I-5 still closed and wont be open until at least, after this coming weekend.
wow, thats amazing! i cant believe the flooding is that bad. how are you doing banshee? did you experience any loss? hope all is good man
Old 12-06-2007, 11:10 AM   #15
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
First time I saw this thread. Sorry to hear about your troubles up there. I hope that it all clears up soon. Was this a problem of inadequate drain system (surely not in Seattle)? Or was it too much too fast?
Old 12-06-2007, 11:14 AM   #16
The TW 1%
I'm perfectly fine. I live about 20 miles east of Seattle and all we got was rain and a lot of it but we didn't have any flooding other that about a mile of 8 inch deep water. No power loss for us or anything really bad. However Astoria, Aberdeen and the Oregon coast got it in the shorts as well as Centralia (where the pics I've posted were taken). We did send down 2 guys to help Astoria get up and online and I had to head over to the Olympic penisula to a hi-site for a little work we had to drive through areas that had been flooded out but are clear now.

The worst for WA itself is in Centralia and the Ocean Shores/Aberdeen area. Like I said I-5 te main artery for WA and into BC is closed and will most likely be closed through the weekend and possibly the next week.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:22 AM   #17
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
damn i've never seen flooding like that in the Oregon/Washington area
Old 12-06-2007, 11:55 AM   #18
The TW 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Or was it too much too fast?
Over 5 inches in a 24 hour period. It had been cold the 2 days before and the mountains received over 2 feet of snow then the weather warmed and it started to rain in the mountains and all that snow turned to water and it all came down into the river system.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:14 PM   #19

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Over 5 inches in a 24 hour period. It had been cold the 2 days before and the mountains received over 2 feet of snow then the weather warmed and it started to rain in the mountains and all that snow turned to water and it all came down into the river system.
we could use some of that down south...
Old 12-06-2007, 02:16 PM   #20
Obama can suck-it
TSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the rough
TSUNAMI*22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I'm surprised you didn't blame all that on Bush.... he does control the weather you know...
LOL.